Child Support Agency

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2006, 06:18 PM
greenprodrive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child Support Agency

Hi ,

Without going into too much detail, I've today (15th May 2006), had a letter from the CSA saying that I am liable for a higher amount of maintenance than I have been paying.

The maintenance is BACK-DATED to 10th September 2004 (!).

A couple of thoughts :

1 - Whilst I accept totally the principle of CSA, are they allowed to do this ? They didn't ask me if my circumstances had changed, and this letter is out of the blue.

2 - In fact, my circumstances HAVE changed since 2000 , .. very much for the worse. Would they take this into account ?

(I'm a devoted father, who looks after my son single handed for part of the week , 52 weeks a year, etc etc , so NOT tryiing to dodge responsibilities here at all).

Cheers
Old 17 May 2006, 06:41 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Why not speak to your son's mother, and come some some arrangement with her. Tell her your circumstance's (If you speak to her), and get her to get the CSA to back off. Surely if she forces for more money this will have a diverse affect on your son.
Old 17 May 2006, 06:50 PM
Enigma
Scooby Regular

you might find that it has nothing to do with your son's mother. My ex got demands for payments the CSA claim he hadn't paid. He's paid up every month & I have never asked for more, didn't stop the CSA telling him he owed more. Turned out it was a computer error. Maybe the same computer error that took 3 months to send one of the payments he'd made. The CSA are bloody useless.
Don't ever get into a discussion with them about how many weeks are in a year either. Apparently sometimes its 49 sometimes its 53 I gave up trying to understand them.
Old 17 May 2006, 08:57 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Because my other half looked after his kids needs first hand, he ignored the CSA's pathetic ramblings.... they eventually gave up and went away. We discovered that whatever he'd have paid them did NOT necessarily go to his family any way.
Whatever you do, DO NOT get too worried about what they say to you. So long as you are happy with what you do for and give to your child and to some extent your ex is too, that is priority. The CSA are a badly run bunch of beauraucrats who don't know their a*ses from their elbows. They have caused many blokes untold misery even suicide, so please don't get sucked in.
Yve
Old 17 May 2006, 09:57 PM
greenprodrive
Scooby Regular

Default Anyone know of any forums ?

Thanks Guys (& especially ladies).

I think I might need to take this thing "legal", but before I do , anyone got any ideas where there are any forums, similar to this one (but for single Dads who re getting hammered by the CSA) ?

Just a (forlorn?) hope !

Thanks again.

By the way , for the record , because we weren't married, I have :-

- LOTS of obligations (which , as it happens, I welcome, .. part of being a father).

- ZERO rights.

Never mind ... I guess when he's (16?) I can make sure the money goes direct to him (sensibly of course).

Thanks again all.
Mark
Old 17 May 2006, 10:46 PM
Stiff
Scooby Regular

There should be something in here.....
http://www.childsupportanalysis.co.u...e_Internet.htm
Old 17 May 2006, 11:13 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Hi Green,

Don't get me started on the whole CSA thing. Its a total sham. For any parent claiming benefits / income support, etc... they wil virtually force them to name the father. I really feel like I've been shafted as I have been and will always wanted to provide your my child. Even though I am fleeced monthly I still pay for school uniforms, football kits, general living expences, etc. I feel obliged to. We fathers have a harsh deal. I never married my ex and didn't have those paternal rights till I went to court and gained them.

The CSA are free to re-assess you at any time. Not too sure what has generateed this letter. Maybe they are attmepting to make up their 60 million shortfall. Not with me I hope LOL

Esh

Trending Topics

Old 18 May 2006, 10:33 AM
DEC14N
Scooby Regular

You really do need to question their decission on this matter, TBH i think they are taking the p***. You may find as your circumstances have changed for the worse there is nowt more they can ask for. I really feel for your situation.
The CSA are a waste of space in my eyes.
And its not just men who they actively hunt down and kill for being a good parent with a good relationship with there child(ren).
When my son decided to stay with his dad the CSA wanted my blood despite any arrangements myself and my ex had. I do not run from paying for my son infact i actively encourage payment for your own children but not when its forced on you despite your own curcumstances and arrangements. In fact the CSA told me to have another child and that would lower the payments!!!
In the end i went self employed and now they want to know everything down to which flippin toilet roll i use.
There is no method to their way and it is hard to talk sense to them as they just dont give a s***.
Feel really angry now they make me sick!