Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The thought police will get you one way or another...

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2006, 12:26 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The thought police will get you one way or another...

Been dissing the Government again? Think that public services are crap? Not toeing the NewLabour line? Well in a new development - YOU WONT BE TREATED IN HOSPITAL! Yes thats right. In the NewLabia 21st century world, if you have the wrong views, you wont be treated! (Taxes still compulsory) Sounds ridiculous?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...176383,00.html
Old 14 May 2006, 12:28 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

well there goes my op then!!!!
Old 14 May 2006, 03:11 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Talking

FFS . . What will they think of next!?
Old 14 May 2006, 03:36 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

The man sent photo's of aborted foetuses to staff and has been abusive to the staff of the hosiptal. They haven't denied to old giffer treatment on the NHS just that he will not be allowed to enter his closest hospital due to his deeply distressing behaviour. They will still treat him there on an emergency basis, but he's got to go elsewhere for planned surgery. A very simple case of not biting the hand that feeds you, or in this case, changes your hip.

Last edited by Reffro; 14 May 2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 14 May 2006, 03:42 PM
Pod
Scooby Newbie

If you upset staff in a restaurant or pub you will be barred. Why does it have to be different if you behave the same way in a hospital?
Old 14 May 2006, 03:42 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Totaly agree that he should not recieve treatment at that particular hospital, abuse is abuse.

Medical staff should not have to tolerate it at all
Old 14 May 2006, 05:26 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

But please spell it out to me . . Is what he did, really abuse?
Old 14 May 2006, 05:31 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
But please spell it out to me . . Is what he did, really abuse?

If your missus worked as a receptionist, or office worker, someone that would actually open mail. She would be the one to recieve awfull images of foetuses etc, its not very nice at all. That to me is abuse.

In the same way if he was sending rude or abbusive mail of a different nature, and people got caught in the middle.

The rights and wrongs of abbortion are irrelevant in this thread, just the wrongs of that man
Old 14 May 2006, 05:34 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Ruth May, the hospital’s chief executive, claims that the ban is justified because the “offensive” publications he mailed caused “great distress” to her and her staff and thus contravened the NHS policy of “zero tolerance”. Some may already feel that such policies make it seem as if a hospital’s priority is to protect its staff against the patients, rather than protecting patients from illness.

I don't actually see what's wrong with hospitals (or any other public service) adopting this policy myself It's quite simple really, if you behave like a tw@t, you'll be treated like a tw@t
Old 14 May 2006, 05:54 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
If your missus worked as a receptionist, or office worker, someone that would actually open mail. She would be the one to recieve awfull images of foetuses etc, its not very nice at all. That to me is abuse.

In the same way if he was sending rude or abbusive mail of a different nature, and people got caught in the middle.

The rights and wrongs of abbortion are irrelevant in this thread, just the wrongs of that man
Trouble is whether you refuse treatment. Prisoners arent refused treatment, say rapists or murderers, so why a bloke who sends photos of a legal medical procedure to people who work in a hospital?
Old 14 May 2006, 05:55 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
I don't actually see what's wrong with hospitals (or any other public service) adopting this policy myself It's quite simple really, if you behave like a tw@t, you'll be treated like a tw@t
Couldn't agree more.
Old 14 May 2006, 06:01 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

k . .Point taken . .This is not a thread about the rights and wrongs .. .So . .Erm . .He sent images of a procedure which is carrired out by the hospital . .Agreed . .The images are not pleasant - but that's life . .If you don't have the stomach to work in a hospital . .May be its best to drive a bus???But nowadays, it is always safer to take the middle ground!
Old 14 May 2006, 06:01 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Trouble is whether you refuse treatment. Prisoners arent refused treatment, say rapists or murderers, so why a bloke who sends photos of a legal medical procedure to people who work in a hospital?

prisoners/rapists as you say did not target that particular hospital though, so therefore do not breach the hospitals "no telerance" policy on abuse.

Im sure if a rapist, say raped a nurse in the hospital he may be refused treatment at a later date
Old 14 May 2006, 06:03 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

k . .Point taken . .This is not a thread about the rights and wrongs .. .So . .Erm . .He sent images of a procedure which is carrired out by the hospital . .Agreed . .The images are not pleasant - but that's life . .If you don't have the stomach to work in a hospital . .May be its best to drive a bus???But nowadays, it is always safer to take the middle ground!

I take yoyu back to my earlier point, the person who carries out the procedure, as has had training to cope and deal with it, DOES NOT open post, that is done by clerical staff that could be anybody
Old 14 May 2006, 06:08 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

I take yoyu back to my earlier point, the person who carries out the procedure, as has had training to cope and deal with it, DOES NOT open post, that is done by clerical staff that could be anybody

I'l get me coat!
Old 14 May 2006, 06:09 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I'l get me coat!
Old 14 May 2006, 06:15 PM
sociopath
BANNED

He didn't do what he did just to be a ****. He did it because in his fcuked up mind abortion is wrong. His mind is fcuked up but that is no reason not to treat him.

If he'd sent parcels of dog **** to the staff just for ***** and giggles then ban him but he didn't...... It was a protest, that's all. I've seen NHS staff take far worse cr4p than that in A&E after chucking out time on Friday night (and fair play to them too!) but in this instance they are being petty jobsworths.

Note to doctor: say "thanks for the pictures of the mutilated foetuses, now let's get your hip sorted"

Job done.
Old 14 May 2006, 06:18 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Might teach him to have a little respect for others, protests are fine. But why involve innocent people in it. Just because he feels strongly about it doesnt mean anybody else cares
Old 14 May 2006, 07:11 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Here's the story as reported by the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/4750647.stm
Old 15 May 2006, 11:27 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think it is shameful that he has been denied medical treatment because he was prepared to speak his mind. If they found the pictures offensive, and I agree that they must be pretty unpleasant to see, then it surely gives the clue that abortion is a pretty terrible thing anyway.

If you believe that life begins when an egg is fertilised then abortion can only be regarded as infanticide. That child has lost its right to life and so often for the convenience of the parents involved. This is a valid point to make on this thread because the gentleman's actions were concerned with that point exactly.

The hospital's actions are wrong.

Les
Old 15 May 2006, 12:37 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
If you believe that life begins when an egg is fertilised then abortion can only be regarded as infanticide. That child has lost its right to life and so often for the convenience of the parents involved.
and how do you know that for sure. not everyone has abortions cause they don't want the kid, in my case many years i had to have a termination as the baby was very ill and i was going to miscarriage anyway. the procedure was done there and then at the hospital. it was a tough decision for me and the bf to make, especially as we had already told our son that a new baby was on its way, so i think it was wrong for you to say that. what i would like to know is how did he get the pics and video
Old 16 May 2006, 01:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I did not say that was for sure as you put it, read the bit where it says"so often" . How do you feel about designer babies and the subseqent abortion if the child does not fit the bill?

Les