Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Question Time (AKA Hazel Blears gets battered)

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2006, 11:55 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question Time (AKA Hazel Blears gets battered)

Didn't she take a kicking . At one point you could see the seething hate erupting amongst the panellists and audience whilst the chairman smirked his approval. Heseltine exposed her as a slippery, substanceless windbag and Dimbleby adopted the perfect tone of condescension when asking her to "try to finish the sentence" and to "consider answering the question". Excellent

Last edited by JTaylor; 12 May 2006 at 09:26 AM.
Old 12 May 2006, 08:25 AM
Reality
BANNED

Another hopeless Bairite clinging to the sinking Labour ship.

It's a shame they're taking Britain with them .
Old 12 May 2006, 08:37 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

I actually had my hand over my mouth at last nights
Old 12 May 2006, 09:15 AM
Jonathan Davies
Scooby Regular

When Hazel Blears sits on the House of Commons benches, her feet don't touch the floor.

Is that really right for a member of the government? I don't think so.
Old 12 May 2006, 10:12 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Thought Hesseltine's performance was the worst, looked like he didn't have a clue half the time. Worst bit was the attempt at 3 cabinet ministers Blair couldn't sack
Old 12 May 2006, 10:24 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Thought Hesseltine's performance was the worst, looked like he didn't have a clue half the time. Worst bit was the attempt at 3 cabinet ministers Blair couldn't sack
Tarzan's delivery wasn't as commanding as it was a couple of decades ago, but the content was rooted in actual beliefs and carried weight. Blears' input was partisan, shifty and entirely vacuous.
Old 12 May 2006, 10:39 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

It's the second week I've seen a Labour minister taking a mauling for others mistakes. Fair enough they are representing the gov't, but it seems a tad harsh to vilify them personally when they are trying to cover events they had no control over, it's called collective responsibility. Personally they very might well agree with the panel and the audience, but publically they have to toe the gov't policy line.

To be fair, I think she did a fair job, the same as Beckett last week, considering the circumstances. Looking at Hesseltine and his arguements was just embarrasing. For an old tory to be defending a Blair clone and saying that its ok for the party to have no policies must be personally galling for him.

Ming Campbell? He's a joke. best quip about him and his party came from the audience, 'nobody cares about the Liberals as they have no chance of winning'.

Piers Morgan? Do me a favour, that ****** used to be the editor of one of the papers I print. The dodgiest smarmiest **** ever to grace Question Time. Isn't it ironic that he has a loud voice against the gov't despite his dodgy city slickers involvement and fake Iraq pics scandal. This coming from a bloke that had his head so far up Blairs **** he had brown socks.

Trending Topics

Old 12 May 2006, 10:45 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I've never seen such an amateurish performance from a so called minister of the crown. A desperate string of sound bites and evasions delivered in that whining voice that seems calculated to cause maximum annoyance. Total rubbish.
Old 12 May 2006, 11:05 AM
New_scooby_04

She got "battered"?????

Damn, when did question time go xxx

Ns04
Old 12 May 2006, 11:07 AM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

8 posts and no-one's mentioned that being a Ginger should automatically disqualify her from government......

What was most significant wasn't the kicking she got from the other panellists - it was the venom of the 'audience' ...
Old 12 May 2006, 11:13 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Going a bit off QT these days. There's a good political programme on after called This Week. All three presenters have their own private life frailities, yet the programme seems a well rounded and honest review of the week. It's a bit tongue in cheek but quite watchable.
Old 12 May 2006, 11:24 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Going a bit off QT these days. There's a good political programme on after called This Week. All three presenters have their own private life frailities, yet the programme seems a well rounded and honest review of the week. It's a bit tongue in cheek but quite watchable.
The Rik Mayall <Alan B'stard> phone conversations with Blair and others were class!! Well worth watching just for those.
Old 12 May 2006, 11:25 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
The Rik Mayall <Alan B'stard> phone conversations with Blair and others were class!! Well worth watching just for those.
Yeah he's quite good. Ever see his old tv shows, very good
Old 12 May 2006, 11:55 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I enjoy This Week; honest and mostly unsullied by party politics. I think Diane and Michael should 'go out' .
Old 12 May 2006, 11:58 AM
Jonathan Davies
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
I enjoy This Week; honest and mostly unsullied by party politics. I think Diane and Michael should 'go out' .
This week is excellent. Even Andrew Neill isn't too annoying, and Diane n Mike are good value.
Old 12 May 2006, 01:03 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

This Week is a lot better than I expected, it has matured as they have got used to being on the TV together. I believe they were at the same school once, or so Portillo said anyway.

Rick Mayall is a very clever and funny comedian. He seems to have recoverd well from the horrific accident he had on a quad bike a while ago.

I am sorry I missed QT, I was busy catching a very large sea trout . I am not surprised at H Blear's lack of ability however. Typical Biily boy toady with no sign of competence at anything, can't even get her facts right!

Les
Old 12 May 2006, 01:13 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I was busy catching a very large sea trout .
Les
Assuming that's not a euphemism, nice one! I'm going out for some bass on Saturday afternoon; probably come back with an empty net though . Trout's lovely, great flavour .
Old 12 May 2006, 03:08 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I almost pity the way the ginger moose had to stick up for the complete n0bs who she works with and for. A country which prides itself on freedom of speech and yet our own government do not allow it within themselves.
She should have just said "Theyer all ****, they've always been ****, they'll continue to be ****, in fact this is ****, so I'm off back to the green room to get p1ssed"
That would have been almost as entertaining as the actual episode!!
I even sided with Pier "I'm a complete cvnt" Morgan a few times when he was having a pop at the ginger moose
Old 12 May 2006, 08:31 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Leslie

I am sorry I missed QT, I was busy catching a very large sea trout .
You can watch it online Les http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/s...bb!asx&cs=news
Old 13 May 2006, 10:59 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It was true JTaylor, and it was a lively one too, spent a lot of time in the air. Good luck with the bass, I find prawns to be a very good bait for them.

Thanks for that jonfelstead.

Les