Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was during road works so usually 60 limit

any points ??
Old 04 May 2006, 07:02 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

You can expect every whinging old bloke on this forum to appear wagging their fingers and telling you how you deserved it and have it coming to you and how you are the biggest threat to western civilization since the end of the Cold War. Then everyone will bicker and rant and get on for the next three days over who is right and who is wrong and why it is the fault of the government.

In the mean time, while all that goes on, take yourself over to www. pepipoo.com and see if you have a reasonable defence. No point paying up if you haven't actually done the crime and, quite often, it is them rather than you in the wrong. Specially in a 50 as many of these are legally quite dodgy.
Old 04 May 2006, 07:14 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyTal
It was during road works so usually 60 limit

any points ??
From experience I'd say the usual 3 points and £60 fine.

**** happens, pay the fine and carry on truckin!!
Old 04 May 2006, 07:20 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog
You can expect every whinging old bloke on this forum to appear wagging their fingers and telling you how you deserved it and have it coming to you and how you are the biggest threat to western civilization since the end of the Cold War. Then everyone will bicker and rant and get on for the next three days over who is right and who is wrong and why it is the fault of the government.

In the mean time, while all that goes on, take yourself over to www. pepipoo.com and see if you have a reasonable defence. No point paying up if you haven't actually done the crime and, quite often, it is them rather than you in the wrong. Specially in a 50 as many of these are legally quite dodgy.

Couldnt have put it any better myself....

Just to add to that, i probably wouldnt reply anymore to this thread, as more often than not, it will turn out to be the longest 10 pages of crap you will ever read in your life, get over to the site, see what happens, if it ends up being a fair cop, theen so be it, if you can get away from it, then do it...#

Good Luck

Old 04 May 2006, 07:21 PM
charshaun
Scooby Regular

Old 04 May 2006, 07:24 PM
ScoobyTal
Scooby Regular

So 3 points then will that effect my insurance ??
Old 04 May 2006, 07:26 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

I got 3 points. Didn't affect me much. Alternatively, don't tell them
Old 04 May 2006, 07:27 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

depends on who you ask, if its happened once, it can happen again

one things for certain, 3 affects it a million more times than none does

theres another way of looking at it
Old 04 May 2006, 07:28 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nathanb
Alternatively, don't tell them

Old 04 May 2006, 07:37 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Alternatively, don't tell them
How many more times do I have to tell readers? If you get found out your insurance will be invalid, you will go to court, lose your house and even end up in a jail cell with a large homosexual burglar
Old 04 May 2006, 07:45 PM
paulquest
Scooby Regular

Assuming that you got your NIP within the 14 days. Return it unsigned and ask for the photo to be sent to you as they have not provided you with the evidence to show it actually happened.

Sometime this is enough and nothing else happens.

Or you might want to try the letter below. It has helped others apparently. Don't know who though.

Sorry it's a cr*p scan. If you save it though and then enlarge it you will be able to read it.

Old 04 May 2006, 07:55 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Under no circumstances return the NIP unsigned unless you are in Scotland and have a very clear idea of what you are doing. This loophole in the law has been closed for some considerable time now.

Do not enter into any communication at all until you have formulated a suitable defence plan. In road works there are even laws relating to the size of the lettering allowed on the BACK of the speed limit signs (Contractors often stencil their names on the back for example) so there is lots of scope for a perfectly reasonable and sensible legal defence. If you take advice on pepipoo there is no reason at all why you should have to concern yourself about the effect points might have upon your insurance.
Old 04 May 2006, 08:03 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

Drama queen!! I've been driving 10 years and had 3 points most of them at one stage. Its not that serious
Old 04 May 2006, 08:04 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

Drama queen!! I've been driving 10 years and had 3 points most of them at one stage. Its not that serious

but
im sure you would rather have none....
Old 04 May 2006, 08:08 PM
nathanb
Scooby Regular

LOL funny enough I've just cleared 3. Straight and narrow for me now!! Gonna buy a micra
Old 04 May 2006, 08:11 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

lol

points mean prizes when you have 12 of the *******

you get fit, or the bus
Old 04 May 2006, 08:38 PM
ScoobyTal
Scooby Regular

I am just going to take in on the chin its not the end of the world is it !!

3 points and a tank of fuel !!
Old 04 May 2006, 10:30 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I would be reluctant to take it on the chin if i hadn't actually committed an offence or if the signs were incorrect or the camera partnership were doing something dodgy. You have to consider that some offences attract 6 points, get landed with one of those and all of a sudden you are only one slight notch over the limit away from getting a ban. I think a lot of people on 9 points find themselves wishing they had fought against the first 3.
Old 04 May 2006, 10:46 PM
EVOLUTION
Scooby Regular

you offered, he declined help, nothing you can do mate

although his post was only asking what he could expect

anyway, hope its nothing more than the 3 points and a £60 fine mate

john
Old 05 May 2006, 09:00 AM
bugsti
Scooby Regular

From my own experience (more than once):

3 points and £60.

Probably no effect on insurance though.
Old 05 May 2006, 09:58 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I would be reluctant to take it on the chin if i hadn't actually committed an offence or if the signs were incorrect or the camera partnership were doing something dodgy. You have to consider that some offences attract 6 points, get landed with one of those and all of a sudden you are only one slight notch over the limit away from getting a ban. I think a lot of people on 9 points find themselves wishing they had fought against the first 3.
But he has done the crime he was caught doing 68 in a 50 and he has admitted it! stop going on about mitigating circumstances and blaming contractors for not putting signs up at the correct angle or the lettering being to small or the wrong colour etc etc.

The guy was speeding in roadworks, and knows it. If you really want to get petty then ask for the calibration sheets of the speed camera but FFS don't try and get out of it by blaming someone else, or the signs.
Old 05 May 2006, 10:09 AM
thedon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
But he has done the crime he was caught doing 68 in a 50 and he has admitted it! stop going on about mitigating circumstances and blaming contractors for not putting signs up at the correct angle or the lettering being to small or the wrong colour etc etc.

The guy was speeding in roadworks, and knows it. If you really want to get petty then ask for the calibration sheets of the speed camera but FFS don't try and get out of it by blaming someone else, or the signs.

cor who's side are you on??

if there's a way of getting off with it why not?
Old 05 May 2006, 10:53 AM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thedon

if there's a way of getting off with it why not?
It is not a question of "getting off with it" it is a question of the law. There is no room for principle or the truth in the law the only thing that matters is the law as laid down. If the law states that he hasn't committed a crime because of various factors then he hasn't committed a crime and there is nothing to "get off with."

There are roads in this country where, because of the law of the land, no speed limit at all applies, not even the NSL. There are probably still people paying fines and taking the points in these areas.
Old 05 May 2006, 10:57 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

3 Points £60
same speed as me two years ago.
Old 05 May 2006, 11:13 AM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

there was a guy down where i live caught doing 135 mph in his dads porka no insurace and had not asked to "borrow" the car as they were away he got off the speeding charge as he was on a clear road and the car was made to do those speeds and could stop quickley if needed to so fight it **** em there not geting any more tax out of me
Old 05 May 2006, 11:18 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I was wondering why you were assuming he had not been speeding myself Hedgehog. He admitted it in the first place.

If they get anything wrong in the summons or signs etc. then plead not guilty. They do have to get it exactly right by law. Make them work for it as you are entitled to do. They would treat you back "by numbers" in exactly the same way!

I don't believe that radar or laser cameras are consistently accurate enough to be acceptable evidence of speeding anyway.

I reckon £60 and 3 points is about right.

Les
Old 05 May 2006, 11:37 AM
thedon
Scooby Regular

It is not a question of "getting off with it" it is a question of the law. There is no room for principle or the truth in the law the only thing that matters is the law as laid down. If the law states that he hasn't committed a crime because of various factors then he hasn't committed a crime and there is nothing to "get off with."

There are roads in this country where, because of the law of the land, no speed limit at all applies, not even the NSL. There are probably still people paying fines and taking the points in these areas.
but can't you end up with more points and/or a higher fine if you contest a notice of intended prosicution in court??
Old 05 May 2006, 11:42 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

There are roads in this country where, because of the law of the land, no speed limit at all applies, not even the NSL.
Any examples? Is this due to incorrect signage or something?

Quick Reply: Just got a NIP 68 in a 50 what can I expect