Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

For those of you that are not voting BNP and maybe some that are

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2006, 12:07 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you that are not voting BNP and maybe some that are

This mainly to those which spout about how racist and what liers the BNP are etc etc.

I just urge you to read some or maybe just the first entry of Nick Griffins Blog and some of the follow up comments.

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blo...64950246992668

It saddens me that people seem to be taking the local elections as if they are to decide our government. I feel that if you read this you will realise that the party is more then just Racism, but about protecting your local community.
Old 04 May 2006, 01:49 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by farmer1
This mainly to those which spout about how racist and what liers the BNP are etc etc.

I just urge you to read some or maybe just the first entry of Nick Griffins Blog and some of the follow up comments.

It saddens me that people seem to be taking the local elections as if they are to decide our government. I feel that if you read this you will realise that the party is more then just Racism, but about protecting your local community.
As a Plymouth lad with Cornish ancestry I have some sympathy with the observations made in the entry. I find this uncomfortable as I have always been publicly anti-BNP but conversely, given my libertarian philosophy, find myself in agreement with some of Nick Griffins comments. It's really difficult to swallow. However, I part company with the BNP and the isolationist ethnic communities when I read (between the lines) of intolerance and, in extremis, hatred. Griffin refers to the Celtic recognition of those who have 'the sight'. For me, not being able to embrace the constantly shifting cultural landscape that for millennia has shaped our country, shows a distinct lack of this very quality. I've been to both the Padstow and Notting Hill carnivals and thoroughly enjoyed both. If the BNP, Islamic Jihad, Front National or NOI had their way, I would have been denied the opportunity to have been party to these diverse, but compellingly similar celebrations.

I believe that this country's cultural woes cannot be simply attributed to government policy, but upon the human predilection for stability, consistency and uniformity (McDonalds built their empire upon these desires). A black doctor in Cornwall or a white Plymouth boy playing in a samba band at Notting Hill challenges this instinct and engenders a comparable response amongst both ethnic groups.

We have a clash of cultures that we are struggling to consolidate, but this we must do. To seperate will merely prolong the agonising transition towards mutual tolerance. Maybe, just maybe, we'll one day be able to embrace the beauty of diverse cultures rather then recoil against them.

Last edited by JTaylor; 05 May 2006 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04 May 2006, 02:01 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by farmer1

Would I be welcome to join?
Old 04 May 2006, 02:06 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I really can see me writing "Non of the above" across my ballot paper tonight
Old 04 May 2006, 02:49 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
I think they have some Asian MP's dont they? I think its the Muslim ones they dont like!
Old 04 May 2006, 02:54 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I don't see too many "Patels" in this list
http://www.obv.org.uk/localelec2002/bnp-cand.html

There was some uproar recently about one ward putting forward the son of a Greek immigrant.
Old 04 May 2006, 03:07 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

We don't have a BNP candidate here in leafy Surrey

....So I won't be voting.
Old 04 May 2006, 03:13 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck

Why not register a protest vote by spoiling your paper with "None of the above". A non vote is considered to be acceptance of the policies of the incumbent, which somehow doesn't seem to fit with you.
Old 04 May 2006, 03:17 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

What are your thoughts about the Notting Hill Carnival UB?
Old 04 May 2006, 03:29 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Petem95
I think they have some Asian MP's dont they? I think its the Muslim ones they dont like!
LMFAO.
Go on make my day, post a link confirming the existance of the Asian BNP MPs.

Tip : just because you keep repeating the same nonsense, it doesn't make it true!

Suresh
Old 04 May 2006, 03:43 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
What are your thoughts about the Notting Hill Carnival UB?
Went one year. I got mugged. My girlfriend got mugged. All in all, a great day out. Won't be going again.
Old 04 May 2006, 03:45 PM
Son of Quatto
Scooby Regular

Labour have had too long to sort out immigration. They don't listen to anyone except the loony left. In many cases BNP is a protest vote against the worsening situation today albeit crime etc.

Personally I don't want to live in a chav infested, welfare spoon-fed, immigrant overloaded crime ridden society which doesn't seem to get any better. If the BNP can sort it out so be it, coz none of the other parties are prepared to.
Old 04 May 2006, 03:47 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Why not register a protest vote by spoiling your paper with "None of the above". A non vote is considered to be acceptance of the policies of the incumbent, which somehow doesn't seem to fit with you.
Probably what I will do. Would normally have voted Tory but I can't bring myself to endorse Dave and his antics.
Old 04 May 2006, 03:58 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
No but I'm sure they'd like you to leave
Old 04 May 2006, 04:00 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Went one year. I got mugged. My girlfriend got mugged. All in all, a great day out. Won't be going again.
Assuming this is true, you're implying that ethnic-centic gatherings are a hotbed for theives. Not dissimilar to the notion that all Mosques and centres of Islamic study harbour suicide bombers. You're a thinly veiled anti-multi culturalist* UB and confirm my prejudices against the mindset of BNP voters. For a bright bloke you can be awfully short-sighted

*adjective changed to protect Shauns bank balance and save the post from being deleted

Last edited by JTaylor; 04 May 2006 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04 May 2006, 04:08 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
What a complete load of ****e.

UB goes to the NH Carnival - He gets mugged, his GF gets mugged - he says he's not going back. That makes him a racist

Stop talking out of your **** !
I wasn't addressing you and you're unfamilier with the pretext to my supposition. You only need to scratch the surface.
Old 04 May 2006, 04:11 PM
Reality
BANNED

I wasn't addressing you and you're unfamilier with the pretext to my supposition. You only need to scratch the surface.
I suggest you use PMs if you're going to accuse people of being racists.

You could get Scoobnet into trouble with un-substantiated slander !
Old 04 May 2006, 04:14 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
I suggest you use PMs if you're going to accuse people of being racists.

You could get Scoobnet into trouble with un-substantiated slander !
The policy card
Old 04 May 2006, 04:16 PM
Reality
BANNED

The policy card
It's there to protect Shaun's bank balance from people with the right intentions doing the wrong things
Old 04 May 2006, 04:19 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Probably what I will do. Would normally have voted Tory but I can't bring myself to endorse Dave and his antics.
Yeah, right!! Are you telling me that anyone is going to vote for a party led by a bloke who goes to Norway to show us that snow melts in spring and who travels to work on a bike while his shoes go in a car? Surely this is some sort of joke? What do you mean "no" it's got to be a joke!!

Loony Dave is out there along with David Ike with his MPs all hopping about trying to fly except Cameron's lot are trying to stop the sun coming out.
Old 04 May 2006, 04:22 PM
DazW
Scooby Regular

The Hitler & Eva Braun fancy dress didn't go down well, then?
Old 04 May 2006, 04:25 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Assuming this is true, you're implying that ethnic-centic gatherings are a hotbed for theives. Not dissimilar to the notion that all Mosques and centres of Islamic study harbour suicide bombers. You're a thinly veiled anti-multi culturalist* UB and confirm my prejudices against the mindset of BNP voters. For a bright bloke you can be awfully short-sighted

*adjective changed to protect Shauns bank balance and save the post from being deleted
Old 04 May 2006, 04:29 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

voteing BNP is sooo 4 years ago
Old 04 May 2006, 04:29 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Assuming this is true, you're implying that ethnic-centic gatherings are a hotbed for theives. Not dissimilar to the notion that all Mosques and centres of Islamic study harbour suicide bombers. You're a thinly veiled racist UB and confirm my prejudices against the mindset of BNP voters. For a bright bloke you can be awfully short-sighted
1. Of course it's true. It's New Labour that thrive on telling lies.

2. I'm not implying anything. Simply telling you what happened. Surely if I was the 'frothing at the mouth' racist you seem to imply I wouldn't have been there in the first place?!?

Not dissimilar to the notion that all Mosques and centres of Islamic study harbour suicide bombers.
I assume you have a link to the post where I stated that? Yes? No?

Oh dear... it seems that far from your 'prejudices' you seem to be displaying some kind of agenda led muddled thinking. Perhaps your brain needs 'descrambling' like that school teacher's in the blogg.
Old 04 May 2006, 04:30 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

One thing that occurs to me is that if I had consistently bad service or treatment from, say M&S, then I wouldn't go back to their shop. It might, therefore, be reasonable to extrapolate this concept to UB and the Notting Hill Festival without any need to imply that he is anything more than a person who is applying common sense based upon experience. The fact that he went once to the festival might tell me that he was willing to give it a try and had no inate dislike for the festival or the people he might meet while there.

In view of his experiences of the event it might be reasonable to conclude that his actions represent evolution in action, at a very superficial level, and had he of returned to the festival on successive years then we might file him along with David Cameron in the total nutters section.
Old 04 May 2006, 04:31 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DazW
The Hitler & Eva Braun fancy dress didn't go down well, then?
New Labour moron
Old 04 May 2006, 04:32 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by hedgehog
The fact that he went once to the festival might tell me that he was willing to give it a try and had no inate dislike for the festival or the people he might meet while there.

In view of his experiences of the event it might be reasonable to conclude that his actions represent evolution in action, at a very superficial level, and had he of returned to the festival on successive years then we might file him along with David Cameron in the total nutters section.
Unless he went there to kick some black *** and lost
Old 04 May 2006, 04:33 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

New Labour moron
I'm not sure that you are allowed to say that any more without the police having to interview you for some thought crime or other. Remember the poor chap who said something out of place at party conference last year? I think they arrested him as a terrorist. Watch your step UB, the Tories may be absolute loonies but New Labour is Big Brother.
Old 04 May 2006, 04:36 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by hedgehog
I'm not sure that you are allowed to say that any more without the police having to interview you for some thought crime or other. Remember the poor chap who said something out of place at party conference last year? I think they arrested him as a terrorist. Watch your step UB, the Tories may be absolute loonies but New Labour is Big Brother.
That's true Race hate *and* thought crimes all in one thread I am clearly stuffed. The PC indiginous population loathing biggots will be on my case for sure

And yes, I went to Nottinghill with the best of intentions and fell foul of the criminal element there. You don't tend to go back for more once you know you are a target.

Of course, if you believe Red Ken etc it's a great family day out in a super multi cultural utopia where everyone dances happily in harmony. Not what I found.

Last edited by unclebuck; 04 May 2006 at 04:41 PM.

Quick Reply: For those of you that are not voting BNP and maybe some that are