Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

you're view on cheating (on the other half)

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2006, 02:56 PM
JCScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you're view on cheating (on the other half)

How many folk on here would admit to having cheated on there other half?

It was just after a conversation i had with a mate on saturday night about this, it got me wondering what most folk think. He said if his g/f was to cheat on him he could let it go as everyone makes mistakes. I wish i could have such a laid back attitude, but instead i'm fairly paranoid about the whole thing.
I mean how many folk hate the idea of being on the recieving end but then when they are out get tempted if put in a situation?
Old 01 May 2006, 03:45 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

I'm married and I've always said that any affair on either side and the marraige is over. I can't see how you can go on when the trust has gone.

Cheers
Lee
Old 01 May 2006, 04:04 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

I'm single at the moment, but I still have very strong views on this. If someone cheated on me, it would make me sick to the stomach. It's similar to the thought of an ex (usually a recent ex) with someone new - sickening.

So, because of this I would have to say if I was on the receiving end, or if I did it to someone else (because of my views, I would like to think I will NEVER do it to anyone), then the relationship would have to be over. No compromises.
Old 01 May 2006, 04:10 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by logiclee
I'm married and I've always said that any affair on either side and the marraige is over. I can't see how you can go on when the trust has gone.

Cheers
Lee
I think people can go on.Sometimes,due to deep emotional attachment,people forgive their cheating partners.If not fully,partially.Such relationships may go on but they are not same as before,ever.But it happens.
Sometimes people forgive their cheating partners because they lack trust within themselves.
Human being is a strange animal.
Old 01 May 2006, 04:12 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

have been cheated on.... gf then left me.
I have cheated on.... and then I left her.

I could of taken the first one back if she wanted to come back but she didn't. funny really as I thought "she was the one".

Second one, well I left... then wanted to come back
Trying to have my cake and eat it

Andy
Old 01 May 2006, 04:17 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would never cheat as i know what it feels like to be on the recieving end and it crushed me finding out after 5 years together. Ended up taking her back only for her to do it again 6 months down the line
Although it is tempting to cheat when you are out with your mates, i was never really tempted because it was never worth losing what i had at the end of the day
Old 01 May 2006, 04:36 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

would any of you lot cheat if you absolutly would not get found out, i mean if somehow it was an inpossibilty for you to be caught. Hypothetically ofcourse
Old 01 May 2006, 04:42 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

dam right... but then I am coming from a single persons point of view now.

Andy
Old 01 May 2006, 04:44 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

Yep..
Old 01 May 2006, 04:45 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

married...would split in a second if she cheated and vice versa.
Old 01 May 2006, 04:46 PM
matchmaker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by molko
would any of you lot cheat if you absolutly would not get found out, i mean if somehow it was an inpossibilty for you to be caught. Hypothetically ofcourse
Nope - but I've been married for 21 years
Old 01 May 2006, 05:08 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Saying nowt
Old 01 May 2006, 05:11 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Saying nowt
me too
Old 01 May 2006, 05:22 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Would be the end of our marraige. Neither of us would be prepared to take back second hand goods.
So faithfull we stay
Anyway, why go looking for mince, when there is steak at home
Old 01 May 2006, 05:32 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

cos it might turn out to be Venison
Old 01 May 2006, 05:34 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

I hate the thought of being cheated on. I have done it once though (drunk blah blah blah ) and she didn't find out, but we split up shortly afterwards anyway (mutually).

I feel bad about it and I know it was wrong, but the fact it didn't mean anything to me stops me feeling too bad!

If I was ever cheated on, I'd hope it would be in a similar way i.e. she'd had too much to drink, and it was a one-off thing, just sex.

I could forgive my girlfriend, but it would make me feel physically sick for a while and the relationship would not be the same for a long time.

But if it was a long term cheating episode, then it's "see you later love"
I think sneaking around behind someones back is 100 times worse that a one-night stand.
Old 01 May 2006, 06:23 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

I had this discussion at work and was amazed at the number who couldn't forgive a partner for a drunken one off kiss. Situation was described as partner got very drunk and was kissed (then kissed back) a stranger which meant nothing to them.

My personal take on it was that if the person was honest as clearly regretted it then that situation I could forgive.

A secret affair though is surely a trust breaker, I don't see how that could be forgiven.
Old 01 May 2006, 06:23 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The marriage would never be the same. It is just not worth the candle.

Les
Old 01 May 2006, 06:26 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_P
I had this discussion at work and was amazed at the number who couldn't forgive a partner for a drunken one off kiss. Situation was described as partner got very drunk and was kissed (then kissed back) a stranger which meant nothing to them.

My personal take on it was that if the person was honest as clearly regretted it then that situation I could forgive.

A secret affair though is surely a trust breaker, I don't see how that could be forgiven.
I could have forgiven my ex a lot easier if it was just a drunk one night thing, the fact that it was going on for a month behind my back was the biggest kick in the teeth.
Old 01 May 2006, 06:44 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fuzz
cos it might turn out to be Venison
deer deer
Old 01 May 2006, 06:59 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

My views are that cheating on a boyfriend / girlfriend is that it's no big deal. If I found out my girlfriend had been intimate with another bloke sure I'd be angry, but as long as she hadn't had sex with him (oral included) then I'd get over it if she was worth it.

I say this because, I can't say in all honesty that having a girl friend would stop me from having a bit of fun on side and if she were to find out I'd hope it wouldn't be the end of things. Everything is so damn serious these days and I do think some people take their whole girlfriend / boyfriend relationship that bit to seriously... you wouldn't want your current girlfriend / boyfriend to stop you getting to know the women / man who could be the one for you.

However, once married I think any form of cheating is completely wrong. Firstly I don't intend to get married for a very long time, because I'm not prepared to be in a sweet shop just eating crunchies and people change a lot when younger so I think it's better to wait until your 100% sure. Don't want to get it wrong and end up with a ball and chain.

Once your married then any cheating to me is completely unacceptable and would definately end a marriage - those vowes have to mean something and the trust for me would be totally destroyed.

Saying that I think many people do have affairs once married and I think women are very very good at keeping any affair secret from a husband. I believe a women can look you in the eye and tell you something with complete apparent sencerity, whereas blokes have a lot more trouble pulling this off when they know they have blatently done wrong. Something to bear in mind.
Old 01 May 2006, 07:00 PM
watto52
Scooby Regular

tbh. id feel to guilty if i cheated on a possible g/f. (im single), i wouldnt like it if she cheated, so i wouldnt do it.
Old 01 May 2006, 07:03 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by watto52
tbh. id feel to guilty if i cheated on a possible g/f. (im single), i wouldnt like it if she cheated, so i wouldnt do it.
i would turn into a bunny boiler
Old 01 May 2006, 07:09 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

My ex totally changed after she'd been with someone else, was'nt too hard to work out what she'd done...
Old 01 May 2006, 07:18 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Always seek her approval first of all, and maybe share.
Old 01 May 2006, 07:38 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Before cheating, ask yourself if you want to spend the rest of your life with your other partner. If not then cheat but finish the relationship straight away.
Old 01 May 2006, 07:47 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Always comes down to how would you feel if it happened to you, always that thought in the back of my mind. [Plus i couldn't lie to save my life ]

On a more serious note, trying to use drink as an excuse?, it's pretty poor, if your that easy after a couple of drinks prehaps you should give the drink up. No matter how much you have your always aware of what your doing sub-consiously[spelling]
Old 01 May 2006, 08:01 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Originally Posted by sarasquares
i would turn into a bunny boiler
me too
Old 01 May 2006, 08:21 PM
watto52
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Kinky
me too
why would you and sara want to boil bunnys?
Old 01 May 2006, 08:33 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

you think that's a twist on what she said to be funny....

How true it really is though...

From the 1987 film Fatal Attraction. The plot concerns a woman scorned, played by Glenn Close, who obsessively pursues her ex lover, played by Michael Douglas. The phrase comes from the plot device where the woman boils the man's daughter's pet rabbit.

Quick Reply: you're view on cheating (on the other half)