Barbados!

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2006, 11:52 AM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barbados!

It's summer holiday time

Been looking at prices for Barbados and they look tempting. All Inclusive seems costly so thinking of room only and eating out as I like variation anyway.

A few reviews seem to say decent meals for about £7-10 per head is this about right?

I'd be staying with 3 mates (all early to mid twenties) near st Lawrence Gap, we don't like chavs but would like some decent nightlife. Will the nightlife be good for people our age? I've seen mixed reports. If anyone has been to Cancun and can compare that would be ace? I'm assuming it's a bit calmer than Cancun but still plenty of goings on?

Any comments appreciated
Old 01 May 2006, 12:34 PM
carlem
Scooby Regular

If you're staying near St Lawrence Gap then self catering is definitely the way to go. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the gap and surrounding area so you will have lots to chose from. It's not a massive area, maybe 1/2 mile from start to finish but it's a pretty cool place to hang around.

There are a couple of decent night clubs in the gap as well.

Not far from there you have a few places near Rockley Beach which are pretty cool including Bubba's sports bar. You need to pay it a visit.

Also worth doing is Oistins fish fry on a Friday night....it's a real insight into the real barbados and how they like to party.

I'd budget on a little more than that for a meal though. Barbados isn't chepa when you get there. I wouldn't like to put a figure in your head but I would reckon more than £10 per head for a meal. Make sure you avoid The Cliff restaurant then.....was in the top 50 restaurants in the world recently with prices to match!

There's a nice area on the west coast calld Holetown which might be good for a night out as well.

Have fun...it's a truly wonderful place to be.

Mike
Old 01 May 2006, 12:35 PM
carlem
Scooby Regular

Meant to say, if you need any more information just give me a shout.....I've been a few times and absolutely love the place.
Old 01 May 2006, 12:47 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the useful info Mike.

Seems that you can eat at little street side stalls to try food for a few pound. I saw about the Cliff, I'll be staying away

I'm planning to go for 2 weeks and gonna budget about £80-100 a day spending money.

What age are you if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering what your tastes in nightlife are and how you found it?

I've seen the fish fry recommended a few times will definitely try that!
Old 01 May 2006, 01:13 PM
carlem
Scooby Regular

No problem at all Richard, I'm 29 and was there for the first time when I was 24. I really wouldn't worry about having a good time over there, it'll happen!

Night out - my preference is a quick bite to eat, loads of drinks and a good laugh. There are nice restaurants over there is that's you're thing but there are plenty of little outlets and fast food joints for a quick meal.

The best bit about the place though is the people, they seem to have an ability to make everything a total laugh.

What apartments are you looking at?
Old 01 May 2006, 01:22 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

I've been looking at the Melbourne Inn near St Lawrence and the Rainbow Beach.

Cheap and cheerful accomodation, I'd rather spend my money out and about than on a quality hotel!

Do you know anything about them?

The worries were day to day costs and possible lack of nightlife, doesn't look like either of these will be too much of a problem
Old 01 May 2006, 05:20 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Im back again this year, ive been every year for the past 6.
I stay at the Royal Pavilion and would highly recommend it.
As for nightlife i cant help as ive got a young son so thats us in bed by 10 !

Im leaving on the 2nd June back July !