Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Heather Mills McCartney (Fur Traders)

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2006, 09:59 PM
All Torque
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heather Mills McCartney (Fur Traders)

Just watched on BBC1 about her fur trade campaign. cats and dogs being skinned alive. Didn`t know they did that to get their fur coats, but we have been wearing furs and eating meat forthat matter since prehistoric times and I for one could not live without meat, but it gets you thinking.
Old 19 April 2006, 10:10 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Why be surprised at the treatment of animals in china ?

They're executing prisoners on demand and flogging their organs ffs.
Old 19 April 2006, 10:11 PM
All Torque
Scooby Regular

I must be leading a sheltered life.
Old 19 April 2006, 10:19 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

I heard that Paul McCartney bought Heather a plane for her birthday.......................................... ...................... so now she can shave her other leg.

Old I know, but it still kills me

D
Old 19 April 2006, 10:19 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

If we dont eat them, they will eat us

Well thats what my ex cell mate told me
Old 19 April 2006, 10:23 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

I dont mind eating it but dont want to look at it before hand, much like an ex of mine
Old 20 April 2006, 07:08 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

it made me feel sick watching that last night, I couldnt watch when he pulled the alsatians leg back to skin the poor thing whilst it was still alive
Old 20 April 2006, 07:45 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
it made me feel sick watching that last night, I couldnt watch when he pulled the alsatians leg back to skin the poor thing whilst it was still alive

Could they not kill the poor thing first if they must do this, i saw the chucking around crates (some from the back of lorries) packed with animals and kicking them. Some of the people involved seemed to enjoy their work just a little too much - sick sad *****

I never saw any skinning thank God however i heard dogs yelping with pain and i can imagine what was going on. I am glad i did not see it!

It is cruelty, they say you can see how civilised a country is by how it treats its animals

I will not visit China and it is a shame it can get the Olympics with such a terrible human rights record and how it lets its animals be treated.

Hardly civilised in some ways.

Still it is an up and coming economy so i cannot see human and animal rights getting in the way of business.

Not just china, going on in the checz republic as well

Being lobbied at the EU but as usual bureaucracy and apathy rule

Well done Heather for bringing this to light and getting publicity keep up the good work!

Last edited by The Zohan; 20 April 2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old 20 April 2006, 08:22 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have to fly that far to see fur made from domestic animals: at least until a few years ago, fur coats made from cats were common in Turkey. Unless you can think of another animal which has tabby fur.

M
Old 20 April 2006, 08:27 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
You don't have to fly that far to see fur made from domestic animals: at least until a few years ago, fur coats made from cats were common in Turkey. Unless you can think of another animal which has tabby fur.

M
I suppose that if people do not buy it then they will not do it. I do not buy fur, nor does my partner and nor will my kids, if my kids want to then they can watch to see how it is 'made' (when they are old enough to handle ihis sort of info) and make up their own minds.

Slightly different point but i eat meat, my partner is veggie, i eat meat and so do the kids, when they are old enough they will learn where it comes from.

Last edited by The Zohan; 20 April 2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 20 April 2006, 10:34 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Could they not kill the poor thing first if they must do this............
Not sure its China as well, but some Asian countries beleive that the more the animal is scared before being destroyed for food, the better it will taste.

Hence why they are killed in front of each other, the poor treatment and indeed the skinning and chopping up whilst still alive.

F*cking freaks IMO.
Old 20 April 2006, 01:27 PM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Not sure its China as well, but some Asian countries beleive that the more the animal is scared before being destroyed for food, the better it will taste.
Do you have any references for that 'fact'?
Old 20 April 2006, 01:41 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

where do you start though???? china is just as grim to its people as its pets! Humans are animals and in some parts of the world thats more obvious than others.

Wouldnt it be nice if you could inhabit another planet....but do it right because God screwed up on this one!

Just take the nice animals (no big spiders or nasty snakes) and only take inteligent people that have moved on from their primate past (make folks watch Ultimate Fighters on Bravo as a test...anyone enjoys it stays behind!)

Then take off and nuke the earth

Nice poss thought for the day

We just need a modern day Ark with a much tougher screening process!
Old 20 April 2006, 02:21 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

This is a country that under Mao starved its people so much the villages resorted to cannibalism. The tortures that went on for the most minor of crimes were horrific. A peasant who was found guilty of eating some of the food he grew and harvested could be sentenced to death as the food belonged to china not the farmer. It shouldn't surprise people that they don't care much for animals.
Old 20 April 2006, 03:27 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew Dixon
Do you have any references for that 'fact'?
My "facts" come from a television program I watched a while back - somthing like an undercover type program.

Think the fear thing also had something to do with consuming the soul of the animal too.
Old 20 April 2006, 04:51 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

No doubt about it, the Chinese are an odd bunch. Just see what they did in Tibet!
Old 21 April 2006, 12:11 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
My "facts" come from a television program I watched a while back - somthing like an undercover type program.
Think the fear thing also had something to do with consuming the soul of the animal too.
This was probably the prog on Dogs as dinner in Korea. They battered them to death with a baseball bat making sure they were terrified before hand and that all the other dogs see it so as they know whats coming next. Adrenaline in the bloodstream actually makes meat taste worse. Stick that in yer Samsung!

Still horrified at that Alsatian being skinned alive - blinking as the last of his fur was pulled off over his head. Stunnned any human could be so cruel.

Bit confused by the remarkable [and quite tidy !] Heather Mc as to why the focus on dogs and cats though. Preventing ANY animal being treated barbarically for the sake of selfish fashion and vanity should surely be the message.

And those dull muppets who countered that 'anyone who eats a bacon sandwich shouldnt have a problem with fur' If we reared and killed livestock so savagely and with zero compassion and such barbaric cruelty then we humans deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth. Such a non analogy - to use fur/leather from animals cared for and killed humanely and who were primarilly for food purposes is morally and biologically sound; what they do is quite the opposite although of course I aknowledge it can name them look 'rich' . Sad.

D
Old 21 April 2006, 09:41 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

If you google for skinned alive and PETA, you'll find a rather horific video to watch. I shouldn't have done, but did, and didn't sleep that well for a couple of nights due to the images going around in my head.
It's streamed on winamp as well IIRC.
Old 21 April 2006, 09:44 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
If you google for skinned alive and PETA, you'll find a rather horific video to watch. I shouldn't have done, but did, and didn't sleep that well for a couple of nights due to the images going around in my head.
It's streamed on winamp as well IIRC.
Had a similar experience in a foreign country some time back watching the news, not knowing/understanding the languauge but had it on for company if you know what i mean

Next thing is a video piece on three men being excecuted.

Images stayed with me for a while
Old 21 April 2006, 04:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Old 21 April 2006, 04:30 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I worked in a slaughter hall a few years back and i never saw any cattle sufferring after having the bolt gun through the head treatment,although i think they now electrocute them now.

If you want to see inhumane you should watch the halal practice of slaughter which goes on in the uk. I have seen a video of an animal strugging for minutes after its had its throat cut slowly bleeding to death
Old 21 April 2006, 04:48 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Another thing that p isses me off is the lengths labour went to ban fox hunting which was "barbaric". Yet when anyone brings up the topic off banning halal slaughter methods they are strangely quiet, **** scared of offending any Muslims.
Do a google for halal and watch the video of a cow with its throat slit taking nearly 6 minutes to die whilst the butcher is laughing away to his assistant and tell me what is more in humane
Old 21 April 2006, 05:27 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

As I understand it they stun cattle with an electric current and THEN fire the captive bolt into the brain.

I'm unsure if the halal method is much worse to be honest? They slit the carotid and let the animal bleed to death. God! It's all so quite bloody unpleasant really.

It is God's ultimate irony to make me love a nice juicy steak and then give me a big fat dollop of compassion for sauce!

Anyone think we simply have a monopoly on compassion here in the West and shouldnt worry so much [I'm clearly torn and no! I hated being veggie for that long 6 months once!]

D
Old 21 April 2006, 05:32 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

as long as the effort is made to kill the animal as quick as possible im fine with it. a lion killing a zebra is worse than a bolt gun on a cow....ban lions?

but skinning alive is something else - cant think of many animals that would do that to each other?
Old 21 April 2006, 10:25 PM
All Torque
Scooby Regular

There is a slaughter house 2 miles away from me a few lads from the village works there one killing cattle and one killing sheep all bound for Tescos.
I regulary see the lorries bringing them in.
The way the cattle are killed is they walk into a pen as if being milked, the walls close in on their feet preventing any struggling then the bolt in the head, not all of them die instantly. The sheep walk into a large area filled with water, then an electric current is passed through, they are then hung up on a line and their throats are cut, again some of them come round before this, and some even found to be pregnant. They are cut up and packed and on the back of a lorry in about an hour.

I for one could never work there, but there is a high unemployment in the area so the company knew where to build, and the management are pigs (excuse the pun).
There is an agency that supplys labour for them and they bring them all the way from Poland, the put a load of them to share in some houses that they have bought and pay the BELOW the NMW.
Theres also a poultry factory near that kills 30,000 birds a shift.
Old 21 April 2006, 10:30 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Sheep have to be chilled for 24 hours and cows for 48 before being boned out
Old 21 April 2006, 10:42 PM
All Torque
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Sheep have to be chilled for 24 hours and cows for 48 before being boned out
It must take an hour after this then.

Quick Reply: Heather Mills McCartney (Fur Traders)