Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Good customer service from NEXT

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2006, 08:14 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good customer service from NEXT

Its all to common to see posts about bad service, just thought I would share a good one with you.

I ordered two settees through NEXT homeware, they turned up a few weeks faster than their lead time.

I left them in their plastic wrapping for a few days as I was still decorating our new house.

When I eventually opened them, I noticed one was damaged. On the back panel, one of the corners of cloth was coming away. After closer inspection, and removal of the corner so I could see inside, one of the main wood struts was split all the way through with a chunk missing.

I phoned NEXT and before I could even get upset they were appologising and arranging for their upholsterer to come and inspect. He arrived the weekend and told me what I already knew. It was a remake.

NEXT phoned me up to appologise again and said that they would remake both sofas, to ensure that the material matched perfectly as shades vary between rolls of material (I wasnt expecting them to offer this to me without me even asking).

I have just had a letter through from them stating that the sofas are in production and will be sent soon, and again appologising for the substandard item.

They have also contacted the finance company (we got 0% interest for 2 years), to make sure our payments and the 0% doesnt start until we receive the two new sofas.

They dropped into the last little paragraph that once we have received and are happy with the new sofas, they will contact us again to arrange for an appology payment to recompense some of the dissappointment with the items.

Considering I only had to make the one phonecall to them, their customer service team seems to be doing their job well.

After dealing with NTL and BT, British Gas etc, dealing with NEXT was damn easy.
Old 13 April 2006, 09:04 AM
watto52
Scooby Regular

your best writing a letter stating that ur pleased with their customer service and and hoping it continues. just a thaught. lol
Old 13 April 2006, 02:26 PM
billywizz
Scooby Regular

I can only praise NEXT as well.
I too took the 2yr deal and ordered a complete range of Kansas furniture in JAN 2006.

All the stuff came well within the delivery time, though a few parts were missing or damaged.
Upon calling the missing parts were with me within 48 hours, but I am now on my 7th table top as there seems to be a manufacturing problem.

NEXT have been very understaning, and admit that although they do not make the table, they accept that it is their problem and they have told me that due to the messing about they will suplly the table FOC.

Fair play I say!!!!!!!
Old 13 April 2006, 02:48 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They've been doing their homework. Better to have an advocate than a dissatisfied customer. I'll make sure to pop into "NEXT in Kew when I am over in the UK for Easter. Their range for kids is superb.
Old 13 April 2006, 03:02 PM
D.K.1
Scooby Regular

I love NEXT, the kids clothes there are fantastic, I have found that they last and wash well, so although they're more expensive than a lot of shops, the quality is far better and you don't have to replace something after it being worn about three times because it's changed colour or looks old and tatty