Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Unemployment rising at fastest rate since the last recession in '92!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2006, 11:46 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unemployment rising at fastest rate since the last recession in '92!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4902294.stm

Nearly 15,000 job loses this Feb alone

Is this the start of the bubble bursting?.... We've had an economy based in government and consumer borrowing for the last 7years or so (totally unsustainable) - it was never going to last.

Most economists reckon the inevitable correction will be a nasty one...

I dont see where Gordon Brown will get the money from to create some more pointless government sector jobs this time - I guess he could raid pension funds?... oh hes done that one already. Sell off most of the UK's gold supplies? ... oh hes sold most of it already since coming to power, erm... he could borrow some MORE money?... if the banks will let him borrow EVEN more.. then at least he could keep the dream alive just a little longer!
Old 12 April 2006, 12:55 PM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

He could stop giving it away to other countries?
Old 12 April 2006, 12:58 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Petem95
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4902294.stm

Nearly 15,000 job loses this Feb alone

Is this the start of the bubble bursting?.... We've had an economy based in government and consumer borrowing for the last 7years or so (totally unsustainable) - it was never going to last.

Most economists reckon the inevitable correction will be a nasty one...

I dont see where Gordon Brown will get the money from to create some more pointless government sector jobs this time - I guess he could raid pension funds?... oh hes done that one already. Sell off most of the UK's gold supplies? ... oh hes sold most of it already since coming to power, erm... he could borrow some MORE money?... if the banks will let him borrow EVEN more.. then at least he could keep the dream alive just a little longer!
I feel a rise in fuel duty on its way soon.
Old 12 April 2006, 01:08 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

10% fall in value of 'City living' (crap posh flats) round here and the market seems deathly quiet generally.

The unemployed mentioned above will quickly be given a new title though and won't officially be unemployed and ruin TB's figures

Phew
Old 12 April 2006, 01:24 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Article from February

The point to take away from it is this:
'The statistics office also reported that a record 7.9 million people are now classified as "economically inactive" meaning they are unwilling or unable to work, the highest number since records began in 1971'
Old 12 April 2006, 03:33 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I feel a rise in fuel duty on its way soon.
Wont have to wait long - the rise in fuel duty which was quietly announced in the Budget this year comes into force in September (they delay it so people dont associate the increase with a tax increase..)

That'll add a futher few quid to a tank, and prices will probably be over 100p/litre by then anyway..
Old 12 April 2006, 03:41 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Did you all see the news that he is giving 8 billion to Africa to pay for education. How about investing 8 billion on the UKs education system first.
Old 12 April 2006, 04:09 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Did you all see the news that he is giving 8 billion to Africa to pay for education. How about investing 8 billion on the UKs education system first.
Ah but this is Gordy's "legacy"

How about leaving a legacy to this country first, you grinning Scottish ****.
Old 12 April 2006, 06:03 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
TBH we will make billions and billions of africa from what could be regarded as unfair trade alone. All that nice cheap food, labour etc has to come from somewhere.
Old 12 April 2006, 06:40 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This goverment no longer serves the public,it dictates to them
Old 12 April 2006, 08:46 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Red face oh for ***** sake

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Article from February

The point to take away from it is this:
'The statistics office also reported that a record 7.9 million people are now classified as "economically inactive" meaning they are unwilling or unable to work, the highest number since records began in 1971'
The increase in inactivity (ILO definition) is due to an increased number of students who are busy getting themsleves educated, which is obviously terrible for the country . The upshot is that future generations of better-educated SN posters might actually post something based on facts. rather than just regurgitating Murdoch drivel .

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1012

Suresh
Old 12 April 2006, 09:04 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It still confuses me , all those thousands of extra degree qualified students - are there enough jobs for them out there..?
Old 12 April 2006, 09:09 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Suresh
The increase in inactivity (ILO definition) is due to an increased number of students who are busy getting themsleves educated, which is obviously terrible for the country . The upshot is that future generations of better-educated SN posters might actually post something based on facts. rather than just regurgitating Murdoch drivel .

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1012

Suresh

You believe goverment statistics
Old 12 April 2006, 09:22 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Default back to school

Originally Posted by kingofturds
You believe goverment statistics
You're right now naiive to have any faith in ILO standard statistics. Can I borrow your Sun when you're done with it, so I can find out what's really going on

Originally Posted by dpb
It still confuses me , all those thousands of extra degree qualified students - are there enough jobs for them out there..?
Theortically the Poles can take all the manual work and the better-educated will help to expand the knowledge economy. e.g. provide banking services to all those Poles

Suresh
Old 12 April 2006, 09:32 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

You're right now naiive to have any faith in ILO standard statistics. Can I borrow your Sun when you're done with it, so I can find out what's really going on

Theortically the Poles can take all the manual work and the better-educated will help to expand the knowledge economy. e.g. provide banking services to all those Poles

Suresh

The sun daily sport for me son, You just need to look at the offical crime figures to realise they talk utter bollox.
Old 12 April 2006, 09:40 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

lol - the knowledge economy is migrating outta here - do we not have enough bank tellers already..
Old 12 April 2006, 09:47 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Theoretically, you are correct. In practice, I suspect that Burger King will never have had better qualified burger grillers.
Old 13 April 2006, 07:58 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

increased number of students who are busy getting themsleves educated,
Would you seriously employ the drivel that comes out of schools and 'University' now? Those top qualities of adding up and spelling are missing for a start.

My wife deviously confused a Bank Teller the other day by presenting her with some pound coins to count.She nearly fainted under pressure.

Nope,I can't see who will employ the next lovely bunch of abusive children/fake degree crowd.Add that lot to the figures as well
Old 13 April 2006, 09:29 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Oh dear, Labour lover Suresh has turned up with some more spin

Obviously hes chosen to ignore record trade deficits, massive government and consumer borrowing propping up the economy, the millions on incapacity etc etc

I can only assume Labour granded him asylum, and showered him in benefits - so hes got a soft spot for them now...
Old 13 April 2006, 09:44 AM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Doesnt every government in the world borrow apart from the oil rich middle eastern nations?
Old 13 April 2006, 10:06 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
Doesnt every government in the world borrow apart from the oil rich middle eastern nations?
Yes, but most borrow an amount they are likely to be able to pay back at some point...
Old 13 April 2006, 12:15 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Default stomme lul

Oh dear, Labour lover Suresh has turned up with some more spin

Obviously hes chosen to ignore record trade deficits, massive government and consumer borrowing propping up the economy, the millions on incapacity etc etc

I can only assume Labour granded him asylum, and showered him in benefits - so hes got a soft spot for them now...

What I posted about the reason for the increase in inactivity is a fact, in fact. You could check your facts on incapacity and find that your wrong in your assumptions there too. Actually, if you removed your head from your rectum you might be able to see that quite a lot of what you assert to be true is quite simply, bollocks. I can only assume that your bitterness stems from being one of life's losers, who feels they need to blame someone else for their own inadequacies. Either that or it's half term again

Happy Easter anyway!

Suresh
Old 13 April 2006, 12:33 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

We could stop giving the 25 MILLION pounds a day to the fecking EU

Makes my blood boil every time I remember this.......
Old 13 April 2006, 12:47 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Suresh
Look up how many banking jobs have gone overseas, and you'll see the futility of your agument!
Old 13 April 2006, 12:55 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Look up how many banking jobs have gone overseas, and you'll see the futility of your agument!
Do you actually have any employment or GDP statistics for the UK banking sector? I think you'd be surprised.

Suresh
Old 13 April 2006, 12:56 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Red face

What I posted about the reason for the increase in inactivity is a fact, in fact. You could check your facts on incapacity and find that your wrong in your assumptions there too. Actually, if you removed your head from your rectum you might be able to see that quite a lot of what you assert to be true is quite simply, bollocks. I can only assume that your bitterness stems from being one of life's losers, who feels they need to blame someone else for their own inadequacies. Either that or it's half term again

Happy Easter anyway!

Suresh

Its a pity non of us have the connections that Suresh does - which provide him with all the FACTS which he knows to be 100% true....

The rest of us are just fed lies it seems, and we only know these are lies when Suresh comes along to put us in our place
Old 13 April 2006, 01:09 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Yes, but most borrow an amount they are likely to be able to pay back at some point...
More money gets borrowed to pay it back. Most governments work in that way.
Old 13 April 2006, 01:14 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

Everyone's fed lies every day of their life. Fun bit is trying to figure out which approach the truth. In fairness, The Economist is quite even minded and has had a few recent articles about this topic.