Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Was Hit on a Roundabout today, where do I stand ?

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2006, 11:58 PM
fromage
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was Hit on a Roundabout today, where do I stand ?

I was on and roundabout going straight over when a car pulled out of the left turning right into my back 1/4 spinning me. There is'nt much damage to my car only the back arch has been split (£100 max) their whole front bumper has come off.

So i got out the car and thought easy one it was so obvious it was their thought, after all they crashed into me on the roundabout when I had right of way but no. They came out and said I didnt see you as you were'nt indicating.... i then told them I was'nt indicating as I was going straight over so their excuse suddenly changed to me going too fast lol. I know I'm in the right as they hit me when I was on the roundabout and almost at my exit and they hit the very back of my car but where do I go to prove this? No witnesses etc and my excess is way more than my damage.

Many Thanks
Old 12 April 2006, 12:04 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fromage
I was on and roundabout going straight over when a car pulled out of the left turning right into my back 1/4 spinning me. There is'nt much damage to my car only the back arch has been split (£100 max) their whole front bumper has come off.

So i got out the car and thought easy one it was so obvious it was their thought, after all they crashed into me on the roundabout when I had right of way but no. They came out and said I didnt see you as you were'nt indicating.... i then told them I was'nt indicating as I was going straight over so their excuse suddenly changed to me going too fast lol. I know I'm in the right as they hit me when I was on the roundabout and almost at my exit and they hit the very back of my car but where do I go to prove this? No witnesses etc and my excess is way more than my damage.

Many Thanks
Firstly they have to give way to whoever is already on the roundabout. Secondly, you ought to indicate that you are going to leave at the next exit when level with the previous exit, even when going straight on, but even if you weren't indicating to leave then that doesn't give them the right to drive into you, LOL .
Old 12 April 2006, 12:26 AM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

if they wont back down tell em u'll go thru the insurers, which should get them to 1) shut up and 2) cough up. If not, insurance investigaters will be able to see what happened from the damage on the cars and the location of the accident (ie roundabout) regardless of what story they put together and then they will have to pay for the whole lot- tw@ts
Old 12 April 2006, 01:04 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

so their excuse suddenly changed to me going too fast lol.
lol standard repsonse from a 3rd party that, when a scooby is involved. You should have no problems getting 100% liability admitted by their insurer.
Old 12 April 2006, 02:01 AM
hectic
Scooby Regular

so where was Zebedee when this happened , or Florence for that matter?
Old 12 April 2006, 08:19 AM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
lol standard repsonse from a 3rd party that, when a scooby is involved. You should have no problems getting 100% liability admitted by their insurer.
fromage has a 106GTi not a scoob
Old 12 April 2006, 08:19 AM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Many Thanks
What roundabout was this on?
Old 12 April 2006, 09:04 AM
fromage
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nevetas
What roundabout was this on?
Just before Danbury going straight over towards Chelmsford/Danbury
Old 12 April 2006, 09:07 AM
fromage
Scooby Regular

I have sent the driver a letter today giving her the chance to do a out of insurer settlement to avoid loss of no-claims on her part etc As I think the damage will only be £200 max on mine as she only hit my rear arch and only the plastic has snapped no damage to any other bodywork what so ever.

Anyway will post up when I have heard from her
Old 12 April 2006, 09:29 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I have sent the driver a letter today giving her the chance to do a out of insurer settlement to avoid loss of no-claims on her part etc As I think the damage will only be £200 max on mine as she only hit my rear arch and only the plastic has snapped no damage to any other bodywork what so ever.

I'd get it looked over by a mechanic to be safe. I got bumped from behind, slight dent in the bumper, thought little of it, but said to the guy I'd get it checked out. Turns out the whole rear sub frame was bent under the boot floor - car was a right off.
Old 12 April 2006, 11:48 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its never worth standing on the roundabout in my experience!

Les
Old 12 April 2006, 12:15 PM
Rage!
BANNED

If she is maintaining it wasn't her fault then there's no point asking her if she wants to settle without insurance. Have you not told your insurance company yet then? It might look a little dodgy for you if she has already reported it to hers....

It's clearly not your fault so I'd report it ASAP and stick to your guns as people are downright liars. Get as many photos of the scene and the damage as you can to support your case.
Old 12 April 2006, 12:38 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Its never worth standing on the roundabout in my experience!

Les
I don't know, my first thought was that the bit of grass in the middle would be dead handy for the job. A bigger problem is where to park the car, I mean, if standing on roundabouts became trendy it could get quite busy out there in the middle.
Old 12 April 2006, 07:30 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nevetas
fromage has a 106GTi not a scoob
DOWH! alright then, 3rd party saw the GTi badge, 'oh he was ragging it' same difference
Old 12 April 2006, 08:07 PM
Ian_S
Scooby Regular

she can claim speed all she likes cos it cant be proven and her insurers will tell her that too.
Old 12 April 2006, 08:10 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog
I don't know, my first thought was that the bit of grass in the middle would be dead handy for the job. A bigger problem is where to park the car, I mean, if standing on roundabouts became trendy it could get quite busy out there in the middle.
Yeah, that bloke on the telly had a little zoo in the middle of one.