Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old 24 March 2006, 03:37 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice Please

I have been suffering with pain and other symptoms recently which seem to point towards kidney stones, I know it could be something else with the same symptoms, I have an appointment on Monday with the doctor to see if I can get this sorted.
It started last year when I was sick and got pain which was round the front at the top of my leg and all the way round the back, I was curled up literally and couldn't even walk, it felt like labour pains which is easy for me to describe, I seen the doctor who told me I had a water infection, so I got antibiotics, but the pain was awful, it didnt matter how much I tried to move about or get comfortable I just couldn't make the pain feel any easier, I was very hot like fever/chills and to pass water really hurt, after 5 days it disappeared, In February it came back and I was in pain so much I was in tears, seen the doctor again, and got more antibiotics! Yet again since Wednesday of this week I have had the pain starting again, it hasn't come on severe yet where I am sick with fever etc but I can feel it nagging away, I have a pain at the top of my leg all the time but I get pain round my back near my kidneys, It seems to be the right hand side at the back, the left side doesnt seem to bother me, I have had pain passing water like I can feel where the pain is coming from and it seems to be coming from where the nagging pain is. I was just wondering if anyone else has suffered with anything like this and if there is anything I should be prepared for to say to the doctors as they have palmed me off every other time so far, Please noone scare me in to thinking its something serious as I have already thought about other things it could be.
Sorry for it to be so long. And yes I am seeking medical advice, but would like to know anything for going to the docs on Monday. Thanks
Old 24 March 2006, 03:41 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Can't advise but I seem to be coming out with sympathy pains having read that .

Nothing a pint or two can't solve
Old 24 March 2006, 03:46 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

If it is Kidney stones you should drink lots of water, sure you'll end up going to the toilet alot but it helps apparently
Old 24 March 2006, 03:51 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

That's the thing, I have been drinking loads, but I seem to be away to the loo before finishing a pint of water , I've been like a horse this week!! I love my coffee but have kept off it as I know that can't be good for you if you have something like stones, My Dad used to get kidney stones but he died so I can't exactly ask him what the pain was like, I can vaguely remember what he was like when we used to have to call for the ambulance, but I was young so that's why I'm asking here as there is noone I know friends/family that has had anything like this. This time when I see the doctor I'm making sure they are going to do something about it coz it's getting me down now as the pain just wears me out and I get tired with it, not nice when I have to try and run around after a 3 year old everyday either.
Old 25 March 2006, 10:00 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Well I'm finally getting somewhere with these cr@p doctors here, had to phone up today coz of being in pain this was 3pm, eventually at 8:30pm a doctor phoned me and said I have an appointment at the hospital.........guess when................tomorrow morning at 8:30am, great mothers day but atleast I seem to be getting closer to finding out the problem. I'll keep you posted on what happens.
Thanks for the PM's people sent aswell.