Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sky + questions

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2006, 08:30 PM
Geddon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sky + questions

Ive already done a search but can't find what i'm looking for.....

I currently have normal sky dig but want to be able to record but not pay the earth. I'm reaching the end of my tether on Sundays at 9pm when I want to watch all of 24, best of top gear and planet earth
Assuming I can blag a cheap sky+ box out of them by threatening to cancel (65quid from my reading on here):

1) Do you get a new contract with the sky +? Ie am i tied in and not able to cancel for 12 months?
2) Can I change the package to a cheaper one at the same time or the month after the blag?
3) Do the sky + boxes have a digital audio out? My current crappy thomson one doesn't and I get annoyed watching films broadcast in Dolby dig without being able to experience it.

If I was to cancel entirely what are the channel differences between freeview and free to air sattelite? Or can someone point me to a list?

I see the current sky+ offer ends at the end of this month. Do you reckon there will be a new deal with Sky HD coming out? Is it worth waiting.

Thanks in anticipation
Old 20 March 2006, 09:26 PM
vallumlj
Scooby Regular

dont think you will get one for less than 85 quid i couldnt and i did say i would quid.

It is 12 month contract and i think it has digital out
Old 21 March 2006, 01:10 AM
avonvilla
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geddon
Ive already done a search but can't find what i'm looking for.....

I currently have normal sky dig but want to be able to record but not pay the earth. I'm reaching the end of my tether on Sundays at 9pm when I want to watch all of 24, best of top gear and planet earth
Assuming I can blag a cheap sky+ box out of them by threatening to cancel (65quid from my reading on here):

1) Do you get a new contract with the sky +? Ie am i tied in and not able to cancel for 12 months?
2) Can I change the package to a cheaper one at the same time or the month after the blag?
3) Do the sky + boxes have a digital audio out? My current crappy thomson one doesn't and I get annoyed watching films broadcast in Dolby dig without being able to experience it.

If I was to cancel entirely what are the channel differences between freeview and free to air sattelite? Or can someone point me to a list?

I see the current sky+ offer ends at the end of this month. Do you reckon there will be a new deal with Sky HD coming out? Is it worth waiting.

Thanks in anticipation
1. Will be a new contract yes
2. Packages can be changed but you have to pay for Sky+ features which is £10 per month or free if you subscribe to at least one premium channel which ends up at £32ish a month, without this the Sky+ box is just as useless as a normal Sky box. Personaaly i would wait the month if your gonna try a blag lol.
3.Believe all Sky+ boxes now have digital out, mines 2 years old and has one.

Even if you get the free to air Sky package you will have to pay them £10 per month for the record features on Sky+ etc. You'd be better off with a dual tuner freeview box if you get a signal where you are.
Old 21 March 2006, 08:40 AM
Geddon
Scooby Regular

cool thx.
Where can I get a dual tuner freeview box?
Old 21 March 2006, 10:50 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geddon
cool thx.
Where can I get a dual tuner freeview box?
http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/p...roduct_ID/2379
Old 21 March 2006, 01:41 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Sky+ needs two cables and a different electro gizmo gizmo on your satelite dish too.

We run our box into the surround sound via the scart socket but it also has the red and white phono jobbies too.