Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Biting your change when your given it...

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2006, 07:50 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biting your change when your given it...

Pee's me off when I pay for something with a note and they hold it in the air checking its real...so now if someone does it to me I bite the change they give me to make sure its not chocolate.... You should see the looks I get
Old 15 March 2006, 07:52 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Pee's me off when I pay for something with a note and they hold it in the air checking its real...so now if someone does it to me I bite the change they give me to make sure its not chocolate.... You should see the looks I get
Jack Dee line
Old 15 March 2006, 07:57 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Thats as maybe but its fun to do .........
Old 15 March 2006, 08:06 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

I was down in yorkshire at xmas for a funeral, was in a shop & handed the non reflective girl a scottish £20, she then spent about 3 fcukin minutes checking it, so she eventually accepted it.

When i got my change i procceded to check every note & then bite the coins. Everything was fine & gave her a wee wink on the way out.

Fcukin arseholes
Old 15 March 2006, 08:21 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

think of how many people with strange diseases have had each coin in their **** stained trouser pocket right next to a cheesy ****. You sure you wanna bite that
Old 15 March 2006, 08:23 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

I like it
Old 15 March 2006, 08:23 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke
think of how many people with strange diseases have had each coin in their **** stained trouser pocket right next to a cheesy ****. You sure you wanna bite that
That'll be fast bloke pissing on all his loose change from now on then!

Trending Topics

Old 15 March 2006, 08:25 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
I was down in yorkshire at xmas for a funeral, was in a shop & handed the non reflective girl a scottish £20, she then spent about 3 fcukin minutes checking it, so she eventually accepted it.

When i got my change i procceded to check every note & then bite the coins. Everything was fine & gave her a wee wink on the way out.

Fcukin arseholes

So a business does not have the right to check notes are real then ? Who do you think pays f a shop accepts dodgy notes ?
Old 16 March 2006, 12:11 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
So a business does not have the right to check notes are real then ? Who do you think pays f a shop accepts dodgy notes ?
fecken ME

tbh with Scottish notes, when i first started i had never seen them before so i would have been clueless if they were real or not.

now i have seen them i know what is right and what is not, so its no trouble, people from England do seem to be a bit "funny" with them

i had a bloke paying for a £5 wash he opens his wallet and thumbs through his notes, there all 10`s, he picks out the Scottish one in the middle and gives it to me with a kinda "thank **** im getting rid of it" look on his face.
i give him a cheery smile as i hand him his change, which was a Scottish £5 note

****en priceless

we take loads in now, probably as they pesky scots keep coming down here to live in a proper country

i did have a bloke from Ireland (i think?? or maybe jersey) trying to pay once and i had no idea what he was trying to pay with
i might have posted on here about it actually, he was telling me that it was sterling and i could ring the bank of England to check
it never had any sterling on it but rather then hassle on with him i took the note, and kept the que moving.

bloke in post office had never seen one either when i paid it in TBH but i was assured it was legal tender
Old 16 March 2006, 08:08 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
i had a bloke paying for a £5 wash he opens his wallet and thumbs through his notes, there all 10`s, he picks out the Scottish one in the middle and gives it to me with a kinda "thank **** im getting rid of it" look on his face.

We don't see them so often up here nowadays but about 10 years ago £1 notes were still very popular. You could go in a shop in Engerland - spend under a £1 and get change from a £5 - Shows how closely a lot of shop assistants check the money you give them !

ps Scottish notes are not "Legal Tender" but the English banks have an understanding to send it all back up to Jockland without charging them