Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Diet supplements.......

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2006, 12:59 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diet supplements.......

I've put on a bit of weight in the last two years or so. I've a large frame (6'4") and am pretty broad, and was always active and pretty lean.

I hurt my back in a car crash a few years back and all of a sudden, 18 months later I'm carrying two and a half to three stone more

I've pretty much been at that level for about a year since I realised........

Very busy schedule, lack of motivation, blah blah blah, got into a really lazy frame of mind, got married and became comfortable, love a ruby and a beer and apparently didn't modify my diet quickly enough when my lifestyle was modified for me........

I can commit myself and don't mind working out, am jogging lightly a few times a week now I have more time on my hands, using my speedball and skipping, and trying to eat more sensibly. I understand the diet and excercise requirements, but I KNOW that if I don't see results quickly, my interst and commitment will wain again.

I KNOW it is not necessarily healthy, but does anyone use metabolic booster supplements or diet supplements with any success? I take vitamin B in various forms to try and keep my metabolism up, and I don't eat badly (less than my size 8 wife!!!!!! ) so am hoping there is a miracle supplement that will really help with my motivation............. Or maybe a placebo???
Old 18 February 2006, 07:21 AM
super_si
Scooby Regular

eat cleaner to be fair. could add protein shakes just to take on board more protein

S
Old 18 February 2006, 09:53 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

There are no miracles. It's a very simple formula to lose weight.

Exercise+eating less=weight loss.

And that is all there is to it.

Chip
Old 18 February 2006, 10:23 AM
mad555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
There are no miracles. It's a very simple formula to lose weight.

Exercise+eating less=weight loss.

And that is all there is to it.

Chip

Agree,put a bit of effort in to it instead of taking the easy route of "fat burning tablets" you'll feel better for it!
Old 18 February 2006, 10:32 AM
POC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by super_si
eat cleaner to be fair. could add protein shakes just to take on board more protein

S
Spot on, eat clean, not less, in fact eat smaller and more often, think of your body as a furnace, keep the fire fed at all time and the met will burn harder/longer giving better results.

Protein shakes may be a good addition, use them purley as a sup, first thing in the morning (with water to get the P into your body asap) and immediatley after training (with milk to give a slower release and essential fats).

At the end of the day its all about giving your body what it needs when it needs it, nothing more, nothing less.

Paul
Old 18 February 2006, 12:12 PM
richmilly
Scooby Regular

If you are eating a balanced diet then taking vitamin supplements wont make a difference at all, if the body is getting the amounts it needs through your diet it wont store any extra that you are ingesting, it will just pass through your system.

Dont spend all the money on things like this, am afraid to say as others are saying training and a proper diet is the way to go.

Work at around 50 - 60% of your heart rate max (220-age - basic value of Heart rate max) to get the biggest fat burn.

Rich
Old 18 February 2006, 03:12 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

I was afriad that the answers would be sensible!

Cheers guys!
Old 18 February 2006, 03:45 PM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Location: Loving the ESC FAMILY thing. F*CK the TROUBLE MAKERS :D

Try Slimmingworld they have a very good healthy eating plan and you eat loads and loose weight too. I have lot 4lb in my first week might not sound a lot but a pound a week is 4 stone in a year .

For a class near you look up www.slimming-world.com

Good luck

And have joined the gym 3 times a week, am enjoying it too, good idea to go with a friend and it will give you more motivation

MRS ESC