Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ever sent a text to the wrong person?

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2006, 01:22 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Ever sent a text to the wrong person?

As above. I witnessed a real bad one recently.....
My mate's (Rob) wife left him some time ago, and we decided to have a lads night out. His wife's mate's husband (Paul) also joined us. Halfway through the night I saw Rob looking at his phone in a somewhat confused way. It turned out that he'd received a text from Paul saying that Rob was eyeing up women as per usual blah blah blah. It became clear that Paul had intended to send the text to his wife. Rob had a right go at him and was convinced he was spying on him on behalf of the ex-wife!
We don't see Paul anymore

I've made similar mistakes myself, but thankfully the content was halmless for anyone to see.

Anyone else got any funny stories similar to above?
Old 10 February 2006, 01:29 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Yes, i have. Had an UTTER disaster. Was speaking to a "friend" at a party, and another girl i wanted to get to know texted me right in the middle of what was a slightly steamy conversation. Not realising it was her, i answered what i thought was quite a coy question for my friend with total and utter filth. I realised what i'd done as soon as i'd pressed the send button, and literally went cold with sweat. "I didn't appreciate that, Terry" came the terse reply. That was the end of that then
Old 10 February 2006, 01:34 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I thought id text my mate about this lass texting me and i wasnt sure what to do, id sent it to her by mistake!

All others i send on purpose and say i sent by accident
Old 10 February 2006, 01:36 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

Well, not exactly the wrong person, but I did once send a text in German to an English friend. We were sat at a large table in the Pistenklause in Nurburg and I nipped to the loo and sent my mate a text in German knowing that he'd ask Sabine to translate it, which he did

His and her face was a picture when she read it out in English for him

Dear ****,
Last night was really great, could we do the same tonight but this time with me behind you?

Love,
Heinz
Old 10 February 2006, 01:39 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

in my old job my boss (the MD) texted me details of meetings he wanted me to attend. One day my mate texted me to say that I sould drive to the pub and stay sober, would I pick him up in 20 minutes. At the same time my boss texted me details of Monday meeting with the FD and asked if I could attend. I replied 'go f**k yourself to my mate as he was on the wind up, but accidentally added my boss to the list (without realising) I show up for the meeting on Monday and he says 'I thought you were not coming" - Then he showed me the text. I nearly **** myself, but he laughed at the explanation
Old 10 February 2006, 01:40 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Karl 227
Well, not exactly the wrong person, but I did once send a text in German to an English friend. We were sat at a large table in the Pistenklause in Nurburg and I nipped to the loo and sent my mate a text in German knowing that he'd ask Sabine to translate it, which he did

His and her face was a picture when she read it out in English for him

Dear ****,
Last night was really great, could we do the same tonight but this time with me behind you?

Love,
Heinz
PMSL - taxi for sabine
Old 10 February 2006, 02:05 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

No, but I did once get a text from a girl at work which was suggesting, shall we say, slightly beyond a professional relationship.

Unfortunately my wife happened to pick it up

Happily she also accepted the girl's horrified phone call about 30 seconds later when she realised she'd sent to the wrong Simon...

Oh how we laughed. About a year later...

SB
Old 10 February 2006, 02:11 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

LOL, i can imagine!!
Old 10 February 2006, 02:13 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

hehe, I've never sent one, but I did receive this one a while back.
"I know that mate, but how can i tell my parents i'm gay?"
I sent back:
"I Think you may have the wrong number, but for what its worth, if your parents love you they'll understand"

astraboy.
Old 10 February 2006, 02:16 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I indeed believe i MAY have - which is even worse than knowing you have..!
Old 10 February 2006, 02:19 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

My friend was going to pick up this, shall we say large, girl one night for a quick date / ****. Standing outside her house, my other friend texted him asking what he's up to, and he replied that he was about to pick up his fat bag of ****e, throw some food / drink into it, and then f**K the fat cow.

But, instead of sending this text back to my friend, he sent it to the girl instead. Got the texts mixed up.

Bang....... front door burst open, she came out, slapped him, telling him to f**K off and walked back in.

hahahaahah

SBK
Old 10 February 2006, 02:27 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Had several long textual conversations with unkown people relating to meetings in pubs ,where sat etc etc etc ..an they go along with it for too long...... no wonder these phone cos make such profits..
Old 10 February 2006, 02:29 PM
aboredworker
Scooby Regular

Had an argument with the the misses once at a time when I was texting my mate, I ended up writing a text something to the tune off "Stupid cow is doing my head in blah blah" and sent it too her by accident

She didnt find the funny side but who cares, she was in a bad mood anyway.
Old 10 February 2006, 02:36 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

I once sent my Male Boss a text intended for my girl friend saying 'thanks for the fantastic Bl0w Job!'

I felt sick and started sweating like a punk!

Luckily he saw the funny side!
Old 10 February 2006, 03:05 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I've recieved one a while ago. An angry text alledging they knew what I was doing, and why I was sh@gging somebody else, and that this person was going to exact some sort of revenge.. So I thought I'd have a bit of fun, and exchanged a few texts, and in the end got a reply "who the f**k are you?" and a sorry. I feel sorry for the other person when she eventually get hold of him.
Old 10 February 2006, 04:22 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

A mate once sent a text to what he thought was his fiance when she was away with work, telling her all sorts of things. Unfortunately it got sent to my wife by mistake and she received it at 0830h on a Sunday morning. Oh how we laughed when i called me mate back.....
Old 10 February 2006, 04:26 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

left some fruity pics of me and a girl on an old phone of mine once, forgot all about it, until i got a text message from my sister after giving her said phone to replace her lost one...!!!

Old 10 February 2006, 04:37 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Tried to send a text to a female work friends saying something like "have you found any decent birds for me at the pub yet?" all the while thinking how bad it would if i accidentally sent it to girlfriend...'cause i was thinking about it I did it!

Tried one of my mates sent it but she didn’t buy it lol
Old 10 February 2006, 04:42 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Someone I work with sent her fiance a jolly steamy text over Christmas. Problem was she sent it to his mother - and you know how BT now voice texts over the phone. Well, his mum picked up her messages on speaker phone........

Old 10 February 2006, 04:57 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine does it all the time. He sent me a message he intended to send his girlfriend of the time. She was a real clingy, immature sort of bird and when i read the message I learnt they had nicknames for each other and spoke in a care bear type language! He got a lot of grief for that one, considering we used to spar together too!!!

He also sent one to the said girlfriend after they broke up, which he intended for another mate, saying you were right about her, will listein in future etc etc...... D'oh! He was with her six years!!!