Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Advice from watch experts please!

Search this Thread

Old 01 February 2006, 07:29 AM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Advice from watch experts please!

Hi guys. I would look this up myself but I'm abroad and the internet cost here is $$$$$$$$$$$$. I passed through Dubai last week and noticed the Rolex Daytona at duty free. There were pure silver/silvergold mix/ pure gold varieties. I'm going back to Dubai for a few nights in 72 hrs time. Can someone tell me the usual price of these watches in the UK so I can figure out if its a good deal?

Also are there any probs with warranty if you buy from Dubai?

Many thanks.
ps its 32 degs out here!!!
Old 01 February 2006, 07:46 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Some models and RRP's listed here:

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/produc...&sex=0&type=25

Dunno about Rolex but a mate of mine bought a Breitling Cosmonaute in Dubai when he was there on business, £3000 in the UK and £2200 in Dubai. As long as you buy from an official dealers the warranty will be worldwide so you can't really go far wrong.

Maybe check on the Rolex website that the shop you saw is listed as an official outlet.
Old 01 February 2006, 08:55 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a waiting list for the steel Daytona - buy one and sell it at premium?
Old 01 February 2006, 04:27 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Talking

Thread calling Yoza- i think they are defo cheaper and if you see a stainless steal one the waiting list over here is 6 years + so would buy it regardless as you will no doubt get more then retail for it over here ....

yoza is your man ...............
cheers....
Old 01 February 2006, 05:41 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

There are lots of variety of Daytona Cosmograph.

When you say pure silver and pure gold, are you talking about the colours or the material? By saying gold / silver mix I'm assuming it's the colour you're refering to.

The steel daytona cosmograph starts at just over 3600 pounds recommended retail. This is probably the "silver" one you refer to. The price here will be dependent on waiting lists.

An 18k gold Daytona is going to be upwards of 12500 pounds........

Warranty will not be an issue, international. Generally I found Dubai to be great value for jewellery, it's very likely you will get a good deal, and probably be able to get your money back if you traded it in in the future.......

Last edited by 2000TLondon; 01 February 2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02 February 2006, 04:34 AM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
There are lots of variety of Daytona Cosmograph.

When you say pure silver and pure gold, are you talking about the colours or the material? By saying gold / silver mix I'm assuming it's the colour you're refering to.

The steel daytona cosmograph starts at just over 3600 pounds recommended retail. This is probably the "silver" one you refer to. The price here will be dependent on waiting lists.

An 18k gold Daytona is going to be upwards of 12500 pounds........

Warranty will not be an issue, international. Generally I found Dubai to be great value for jewellery, it's very likely you will get a good deal, and probably be able to get your money back if you traded it in in the future.......
Many thanks.

Yes I 'm refering to the colour not the actual metal. Is there more than one kind of silver coloured Daytona? If so how do I tell the difference? Is there really a 6 year wait meaning I could flog on for a profit? Maybe I could buy 2 or 3??? Please tell me more!!

Where the hell is Yoza when you need him??
Old 02 February 2006, 04:42 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
Many thanks.

Yes I 'm refering to the colour not the actual metal. Is there more than one kind of silver coloured Daytona? If so how do I tell the difference? Is there really a 6 year wait meaning I could flog on for a profit? Maybe I could buy 2 or 3??? Please tell me more!!

Where the hell is Yoza when you need him??
I don't know about waiting lists mate, take a punt, you're unlikely to lose anything on them, as long as you make it through customs with them! There are dealers in London who would probably buy off you if the price was right.

You may or may not be able to get different colour steel bands, maybe a shiny or a dull finish or both, i'm not sure. There are black or silver faces in the steel watch.

Trending Topics

Old 02 February 2006, 09:20 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

shiny oyster bracelets is probably platinum.
stainless steel oyster bracelets are brushed, so matt.

the shiny bit in the president bracelets is still SS i think.

SS daytonas retail at about £3.5K, but there is a waiting list, so £5K upwards for a valid one with seals, docs (in wallet) and box.
Old 02 February 2006, 09:01 PM
Boarder1
Scooby Regular

Stainless Daytonas are £3800 rrp, dealers (not official rolex) sell them for £5000+ because of the waiting list.

If you see an all stainless daytona with stainless strap for £4000 or under in dubai, buy it and sell for £1000 profit on your return to UK. But I doubt you will ifnd one, especially in dubai or anywhere else for that matter.

If you see what looks like a stainless on a leather strap, then this is the white gold model and prices start about £7000 for these.

You wont find an all stainless in dubai for much less than £5000, I was there for a week in december looking at watches and went to most of the official outlets and un-authorised delears.

One of the best 2nd hand dealers is Ranoon watches near the Deira gold souk, a gret selection and the lady in there will do you a good deal.

www.ranoonwatches.com.

Mark
Old 03 February 2006, 04:55 AM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate, thats just what I wanted to know. I saw the ss Daytona at the duty free as I transited through Dubai. I just presumed that an official duty free shop would have them at rrp ie approx 4k ie not be marked up due to rarity. You are probably right though, but I'll check when I'm there again tommorrow.

Deep