CSA Help!

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2006, 10:02 PM
cinders
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry CSA Help!

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with some advice over the evil CSA...

I don't want to start a thread on the rights and wrongs of what I'm doing, or have done in the past so please don't try and judge me, I'm not going to go in to details about my child or the reasons I don't see her. Just that it's been a very hard time for eveyone involved over the past 5 years. I've never tried to get away from paying the CSA in the past, I've paid them every month for the past 5 years whilst I was working in the UK.

I'm 29 and I'm living in Australia at the moment, I'm doing an IT course over here in Sydney and I'm not working. I spent many years saving up to allow me to do this course and only have limited funds to do it with.

I have a house in the UK which I have a mortgage on, I didn't want to sell the house as I want to come back to live in it, so it's currently being rented. The cost of renting the house just covers the mortgage, I probably have about 50 pounds a month left over once the mortgage is paid.

I've just had an e-mail of my ex telling me she's skint and she's been on the phone to the CSA and now they're going to investigate me as I still have a house in the UK which I'm renting and getting an income from.

Now I'm quite concerned that the CSA may try and take my house from me or make me sell it. Does anyone know if they can do that?... I'm thinking of calling the estate agents now and tellng them to sell it asap. I'd rather not.

I've heard so many horror stories about the CSA in the past it scares me. This is the last thing I need at the moment, I've just been diagnosed here with having a nasty disease, ankylosing spondylitis, bugger!

Any advice is appreciated!
Cinders.
Old 23 January 2006, 10:04 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Pay up bitch!
Old 23 January 2006, 10:05 PM
TheBigMan!!
Scooby Regular

Phone the CSA and ask. They're a government agency, not Robin Hood.
Old 23 January 2006, 10:14 PM
cinders
Scooby Regular

My ex has plenty of money, she drives about in fancy cars. She knows I've got limited funds to complete my course here and unfortunately she wants blood!

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about her as she's a bitter twisted woman and she'll push this as far as she can.
Old 23 January 2006, 10:16 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Thought they take a % after costs so I assume she is entitled to a % of the £50. If you were not married of common law I would have thought she has no claim on the house. Let them investigate.
Old 23 January 2006, 10:18 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

LOL - I'd love to hear her story.
Old 23 January 2006, 10:20 PM
cinders
Scooby Regular

We were never married or lived together which is definately a bonus.

Hopefully all she is entitled to is a % of the money I get for renting the house, which won't be much at all.
Old 23 January 2006, 11:41 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

15% mate, unless there are other children involved.

NO other circumstances will be taken into consideration

The rules changed around two years ago, making this how its worked out

1 child = 15% of earnings
2 children = 20% of earnings
3 children or more = 25 % of earnings

HTH
Old 23 January 2006, 11:42 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

I have a feeling she will be entitled to a share of the income not the profit.

However - as above contact the CSA they will get to the bottom of your financial situation very quickly so you might as well talk to them openly and directly.

They aren't the mafia and they will have policies on what can be collected and how. These policies should be open to scrutiny.

Good luck.

Rannoch
Old 23 January 2006, 11:43 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Don't forget they'll make you pay arrears as well, so i'd try and get it sorted ASAP
Old 23 January 2006, 11:45 PM
cinders
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies guys.

I collect 400 pounds a month for the house, so 15% of that is 60 pounds a month which is fine as I have roughly that left over once the mortgage is paid.
Old 24 January 2006, 01:42 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

If your ex is capeable of behaving like an adult without red misted clouding over her eyes. It is better to forget the CSA and to settle up a child maintanence agreements where you pay certain amount every month, and obviously get a solicitor to create the legal documents and be witness to both you and your ex agreeing to the terms.

Two reasons for this: CSA are a bunch of To****s. They take your money, pay the wages for the fat arsed unhelpfuls, and give the rest to someother family...whilst your own children get a small % of what you intially paid them. - Does your ex know that?

And bypassing the CSA will mean that your child will get more of what you give them (unless your ex is into drugs and gambling ). Many spilt couples should consider this, but falsly assume that the CSA should handle it, when it need not be the case - if they can sort out their own maintanence terms.

But if you can't even start level a conversation with your ex, well, your stuckdealing with the CSA I'm afraid and half your money not going to where it should be

Last edited by ALi-B; 24 January 2006 at 01:46 AM.
Old 24 January 2006, 02:03 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
If your ex is capeable of behaving like an adult without red misted clouding over her eyes. It is better to forget the CSA and to settle up a child maintanence agreements where you pay certain amount every month, and obviously get a solicitor to create the legal documents and be witness to both you and your ex agreeing to the terms.

Two reasons for this: CSA are a bunch of To****s. They take your money, pay the wages for the fat arsed unhelpfuls, and give the rest to someother family...whilst your own children get a small % of what you intially paid them. - Does your ex know that?

And bypassing the CSA will mean that your child will get more of what you give them (unless your ex is into drugs and gambling ). Many spilt couples should consider this, but falsly assume that the CSA should handle it, when it need not be the case - if they can sort out their own maintanence terms.

But if you can't even start level a conversation with your ex, well, your stuckdealing with the CSA I'm afraid and half your money not going to where it should be
AFAIK this is the "old" CSA, since the shake up, all what gets paid in gets paid out to the gardian.

i went through the motions recently, luckily we came to agreemnet and bypassed the CSA
Old 24 January 2006, 02:25 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Well, you can tell how long it's been since I last had dealings with them
Old 24 January 2006, 08:22 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

i had a call from csa just over a year ago about an ex, me and wifey got v worried, i denied everything they asked me to have a dna tried to make me pay 260 quid for the dna told them no they pay then the child turned out not to be mine
Old 24 January 2006, 09:57 AM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

I don't think I'll have children. Sounds like a right nightmare.
Old 24 January 2006, 10:11 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Best preventative method out there the CSA by the sounds! one way to try and cut teenage pregnancy rates...
Old 24 January 2006, 10:40 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Best preventative method out there the CSA by the sounds! one way to try and cut teenage pregnancy rates...
Thats the blokes taken care of. What about the millions of teenage girls that can't be arsed with school or any form of contribution to society except getting up the stick as many times as possible to ensure a lifetime of handouts and a free house.

Introduce contraceptives into the water supply!

Old 24 January 2006, 10:56 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Or how about stop giving hand outs and making the dirty tramps sleep on the street in poverty, the next generation might think twice about getting up the duff

Might make the streets a horrible place to be for a while but the long term future of the country would be better
Old 24 January 2006, 11:12 AM
Shonen
Scooby Regular

I am not sure if you would have to pay anything on the £60 a month that you make on your house. My partners brother has a low income job and he doesnt have to pay anything to the CSA as he is deemed to have a low income. (He helps out in other ways by having the kids stay with him 3 - 4 times a week) As you are a student I dont think the CSA can make your pay anything as this £60 is your only source of income.

I could be wrong, so it is best to ring them to get it sorted.