Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police, Camera, Action (last night)

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2006, 10:14 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Police, Camera, Action (last night)

Did anyone else see it?

It had "never seen before footage", which is good, but container-loads of patronising bull**** from "Mr Convicted Drink Driver" himself, Alistair Stewart

Speeding causes death, end-of
1,200 lives could be saved every year if nobody broke the speed limit
One-third of ALL accidents are caused by speed

Oh, and they had the "35mph means that you kill children who are playing football on a busy town centre road in front of cars whose rear brakes have been disconnected" propaganda clip, in extra slow-motion

Sure, there were plenty of nutter drivers and bikers who absolutely deserved to be nicked (overtaking on blind bends, white lines, in the pouring rain etc.), but purlease - can we have less of the Self-righteous Stewart spouting government anti-car propaganda

mb

p.s. I thought that ITV sacked the hypocrite a couple of years ago?
Old 20 January 2006, 05:53 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

Am i the only person to hate Alistair Stewart?

mb
Old 20 January 2006, 07:10 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boomer
Am i the only person to hate Alistair Stewart?

mb
Probably not...However, I missed it, and maybe eveyone else managed to steer clear of the government-foghorning-drink-driving wine-o.

Remind me about this thread next time we're in Wales
Old 21 January 2006, 04:06 PM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

was i the only one with X-ray eyes because the "Blind bends" he kept reciting were bends in which the plod camera car could see round whilst being 1/4 mile behind...

iuf he cant see that far he shouldnt be driving and this is another spin program to justify speed cameras and other taxationin the name of law enforcement/safety
Old 21 January 2006, 05:21 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

I also can't stand the bloke. It makes me laugh when he spouts on about drivers who are driving without due care and attention, when he is driving along looking and speaking into a camera !!
Old 21 January 2006, 05:47 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

What seems to be even more frightening about these shows is, in some cases, the standard of driving exhibited by the police drivers. It is quite a while since I've seen one of the shows but in the last one I had the misfortune to experience there was some awful police driving including examples of relying on members of the public to take avoiding action to avert an accident with the police car rather than driving such that the police officer was always in control of and responsible for his own circumstances.

If anything it is a good example of why we need a return to high quality training for police drivers. The fact that the, presumably, senior management who release the videos don't see that some of the police driving is less than ideal just highlights the problems that rank and file police officers are up against. In turn lower standards of driving filters down to all of us through lack of well trained officers on the roads, automated enforcement and a management system which allows those responsible to hide behind simple phrases like "speed kills" when, quite patently, this is far from the truth.
Old 21 January 2006, 08:05 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

What made me angry, was that they showed cars that were clearly stolen, driven by idiots who didn't want to go to jail, yet making out that this is what happens when you speed. Bollox. No one drives like that in their own car.

Propaganda bullsh*t
Old 24 January 2006, 08:52 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Here's a heads up!!!

PCA is on tonight at 11:00pm on ITV. Make sure you place any bricks out of reach, otherwise you may end up throwing them at the telly

mb
Old 31 January 2006, 06:48 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

I know that i am the only person in the country watching this, but if you want to give it a try, PCA is on tonight at 23:00hrs.

I noticed last week that the police videos were all dated 1999 to 2002 - so obviously this whole series was shot before Alastair Stewart got banned and sacked. ITV probably held back on showing it until the dust had settled (and he got his licence back ).

mb
Old 31 January 2006, 09:17 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Hedgehog I had to SKY+ a clip that I still cant believe on one of these progs - think it was Road Wars on SKY. The policeman is giving chase in a T5 with his seatbelt off and is squealing his tyres [admittedly easy in a FWD T5] whilst he continually has one hand on a walkie talkie that is clipped to his vest. The way he leans his elbow against the door to keep his balance is beyond the pale - he is in full pursuit with one hand on the wheel.