Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

best mobile phone upgrade / package offers at the moment?

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2006, 10:15 AM
Edcase
Scooby Regular

Location: Throwing myself down a mountain at every opportunity...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best mobile phone upgrade / package offers at the moment?

Right, I am currently out of contract on a pay monthly with orange business. I am in the highest valued band of customers as I have been with them many years and my monthly commitment is quite high.

I was trying to just go in and upgrade my phone for a new one, but there seems to be an amazing amount of offers on the high Street at the moment offering things like free PSP, half-price line rental, huge amounts of free calls etc.

I don't want to go through the hassle of changing provider, however I do want to screw orange for a much better deal.

Has anybody done this recently (renegotiated an existing monthly agreement with orange) and what kind of deal were you able to get??

thx

Ed
Old 16 January 2006, 11:01 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Edcase
Right, I am currently out of contract on a pay monthly with orange business. I am in the highest valued band of customers as I have been with them many years and my monthly commitment is quite high.

I was trying to just go in and upgrade my phone for a new one, but there seems to be an amazing amount of offers on the high Street at the moment offering things like free PSP, half-price line rental, huge amounts of free calls etc.

I don't want to go through the hassle of changing provider, however I do want to screw orange for a much better deal.

Has anybody done this recently (renegotiated an existing monthly agreement with orange) and what kind of deal were you able to get??

thx

Ed
Ring up their cancellations dept and tell them you have an offer of "<insert what you think would be a great offer - preferably one you've seen but you could be really cheeky and make up a super-plan>" and see if they match it / otherwise tell them you will be cancelling at the end of the month.

Loyalty counts for nothing with these mobile phone companies - they have to think you're off before you'll get a decent offer.

If you don't get a decent offer you will need to go elsewhere !
Old 16 January 2006, 11:44 AM
2old4this
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
Ring up their cancellations dept and tell them you have an offer of "<insert what you think would be a great offer - preferably one you've seen but you could be really cheeky and make up a super-plan>" and see if they match it / otherwise tell them you will be cancelling at the end of the month.

Loyalty counts for nothing with these mobile phone companies - they have to think you're off before you'll get a decent offer.

If you don't get a decent offer you will need to go elsewhere !
yea i did that with vodafone couple of years ago got 1000 Xnet for £35month normal price is £75
Old 14 April 2006, 09:28 AM
Edward
Scooby Regular

http://www.bootsphones.com/ - you can get upto £360 to spend at Boots with a years contract (you need to remember to send the a copy of the 7th bill).

Cashback offers:
http://www.reestitmutton.co.uk/