Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

If you never do anything wrong you have nothing to fear

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2006, 02:14 AM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you never do anything wrong you have nothing to fear

Even the police are feeling the full force of the surveliance state. That any state can be allowed to let their interference in the lives of private individuals, no matter their job, reach this level is beyond me to comprehend:

The Sunday Times January 15, 2006

Police face sack for private jibe over 'pondlife'

Daniel Foggo

A DETECTIVE is facing disciplinary action by his force for referring to a career criminal as "pondlife" in a private conversation with another officer.

The detective constable, who faces possible dismissal from his job, has been told that the criminal "might have been offended" had he heard the remark, although he was not present at the time.

The officer was informed that he will be subject to disciplinary action together with three colleagues * a detective sergeant, a uniformed sergeant and a constable * after covert video recordings were made of them at their police station in Nottingham. The other officers are accused of also using "inappropriate language" in private conversations.

All four have been taken off frontline duties that might bring them into contact with members of the public while they await formal decisions as to their futures.

The covert taping was being carried out by Nottinghamshire police to investigate alleged corruption by another member of staff. The officers facing disciplinary action are not suspected of any criminal activity and the fact that their comments were recorded was a coincidence.
Old 16 January 2006, 02:39 AM
Billbill
Scooby Regular

Excessive Political Correctnes, in my opinion!
To be honest, I didn't know many of your police, when I was in England.
But the few that I met were polite, in public.
Only in GB would the PC cops involve themselves in others private conversations.
If law enforcement cannot discuss the "merits" of the criminal element, especially in their own terms and in their own vernacular..........I'm speachless.

When you mix with the element you absorb their dialect.

Next you will have cameras in the prisons, covering administration!
I can hear he PC conversations now!

"I say, Sargent, the two Homosexual individuals, in cell #31B, are requesting a divorce.

Instead of, "Hey Sarge, those fagots in Gay Block 31B are feckin fightin again!"

Last edited by Billbill; 16 January 2006 at 02:41 AM.
Old 16 January 2006, 03:28 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Absolutley unbelievable! What the **** is happenig to GREAT Britain?

They should find the jobsworth who made the tape and have a private conversation with him! Then sack everyone who had anything to do with disciplining them!

Absolute disgrace and utterly demoralising for the rest of the force who are already up against it!
Old 16 January 2006, 07:28 AM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Well, work this one out! A few years ago I worked with a woman from Dominica and she complained that I was taking the pi$$ when I mentioned by name in a conversation someone called 'Dominique' - I was told it was inappropriate behaviour! Can I help what someone's parents called them?

Also, in the late 80s, a certain supermarket chain used to have CCTV in the toilets .....

It won't be long before we're not allowed to speak
Old 16 January 2006, 10:30 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

So calling pondlife "pondlife" is not allowed, but covertly filming people is ok?

What are they supposed to be called then "valued clients" or somesuch nonsense I suppose.
Old 16 January 2006, 11:33 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

There was an item on national news on sunday that said that new laws are to brought in to make the police more accountable and easier to sack!

GREAT: let's get rid of the lazy fekkers that hide behind scameras all day for a start

Alcazar
Old 16 January 2006, 11:40 AM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

Whenever any dopy old mare says' those words to you 'If you've never done anything wrong you've got nothing to worry about' you should just remind them that in the entire history of the world its only ever GOVERNMENTS that have embarked on wars that killed millions, it's only ever GOVERNMENTS that go 'off the rails' and turn into totalitarian nightmares. It's only ever Governments that license the sale and mass manufacturer of ARM all over the world..

Its THEM not US that need watching...

we just go to work, buy nice cars, pay our mortgages and enjoy life...they're the nutters - not us!!

Just tell them to 'bugger off, mind their own business' and spend some of your tax money on actually helping people. Start doing their jobs properly."
Old 16 January 2006, 12:46 PM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

err... it used to be that part of being british and british democratic and personal freedom is that "the government was accountable to the people" but it now appears that "the people are accountable to the government" it appears now that All civil liberties to be urinated on is the way forward

perhaps "el Tone" our president and dictator read George orwell's legendary book and thought it was a manifesto

Last edited by ||VaNDaL||; 16 January 2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 16 January 2006, 02:43 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Have you seen the words used on internet forums?
"Goodness, how awful, it's about time we sorted that out. No more "anonymity" there then. Let's have a computer licence and keystroke reading".
Old 16 January 2006, 04:30 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by hedgehog
has been told that the criminal "might have been offended" had he heard the remark.
But the criminal didn't hear the remark so what is the big deal!!!!

also if this scumbag hadn't been a scumbag criminal in the first place then the cop wouldn't have made the remark about him would he???
Old 16 January 2006, 04:57 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Who has allowed this to become a disciplinary action ?, IMO they should be the ones facing a disciplinary for allowing it to go so far and yet again waste the tax payers money !
Obviously some very politicaly correct person who is trying very hard to climb the police ladder, quite clearly on the back of his collegues!
Richard
Old 16 January 2006, 04:59 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a crying shame when PCs have to be PC when they use their PC....

(ok, so they weren't using a PC at the time but it works in theory )
Old 16 January 2006, 05:28 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

There was a chap in the paper the other day who had , in a slightly pished state, remarked to a mounted officer that his horse was gay.

The bloke was given a fixed penalty under the Public Order Act as he was considered to have "caused harrassment, alarm or distress".

To effect the arrest the mounted officer called on two vehicles and 6 officers.

Having refused to pay the FPN, he was summoned before Oxford Magistrates.

Mercifully the CPS (Criminal Protection Service) discontinued the case before it was put before the bench.

The world really has gone mad!
Old 16 January 2006, 06:19 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I wonder could we claim that we are distressed by having to watch those who are now attempting to "micromanage" our lives behaving like idiots? I mean, surely the collective distress of finding members of our police force attacked for disapproving of criminals is much greater than the likely offence felt by the criminal who didn't overhear that the police officers were not dead keen on him?

The world is truely going mad and this is exactly why it is vital to fight against all modes of automated policing and the various systems being put in place to support them.
Old 16 January 2006, 08:55 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Soon enough they wont be able to call them "criminals"

Country has lost the plot
Old 16 January 2006, 09:12 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

about 5 years or so ago uk police were no longer allowed to be called police FORCE as it could be wrongly interprated by the public as (military like) and subsequently referred to as police service... complete and utter crap. imo the poice need a harder tougher image. todays youth/public laugh at the police and the law. it will all end in tears....... or the government will and should completely reverse this mad, political correctness that has plagued our gracious lands in recent years..bring back birching for me. thats a start
Old 17 January 2006, 11:19 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It will just keep getting worse unless there is a very big change in this country. It is a real worry that this senseless PC attitude has been allowed to spread and to have so much infliuence on our lives.

Anything like this will accelerate exponentially unless stopped until we can be arrested merely for our personal thoughts and opinions if we are unwary enough to mention them. There will be enough creeps around who are only too ready to denounce others as well in an effort to increase their own standing in the eyes of the authorities.

Look at what has changed in the last few years and project it into the not so distant future!

Les
Old 19 January 2006, 11:11 AM
||VaNDaL||
Scooby Regular

Location: I am lost. I have gone to find myself, if I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

sorry I just had to show this...
kinda sums it all up - dont ya think???
Originally Posted by Deadbrain
Blair denies Britain is a police state

Prime Minister Tony Blair today denied that Britain is now a police state, despite claims by Magistrates in Bootle that they had been 'overwhelmed by evidence' from the security services in the case of a man convicted of a parking offence.

Doug Ramsbottom, a salesman, said: "I had intended to plead guilty to the offence of being three days late paying my parking fine, but I was shocked when I thought what would be a ten minute hearing turned into a 17 day trial. The prosecution felt obliged to present all of the evidence they had against me."

Prosecution witness DC Dibble Mullet said: "We have a duty to present all of the evidence we have on an individual in order to secure a prosecution, and obviously the more evidence we have the longer it will take. In Mr Ramsbottom's case this involved evidence from the traffic warden and the DNA sample the warden took from the car door handle, related evidence from the national DNA database, and as he had decided not to opt out of the NHS database, Mr Mullet's NHS records."

"We also had to provide evidence of how we had located Mr Mullet on a variety of CCTV cameras and on our national vehicle database which maps all UK vehicle journeys and stores them for at least two years. Even though he was already on his way to the Courthouse, we also had to show how we had located Mullet by his mobile phone signals."

"We think this man is clearly misguided as his Internet history shows that he is always looking at Automobile Association (AA) route maps. We also found references to 'Iran' in his emails, cleverly disguised as a resume, in which we identified 'Iran a recruitment agency' and 'Iran a charity for old people'. These messages were the main reason for asking the magistrate to keep him locked up for 90 days - to allow us time to decode them. That said, we really got him when he made a phone call to complain to his own MP during the trial, admitting the offence and asking 'what the hell was going on'."

Ramsbottom added: "The most worrying thing about all of this is not my civil liberties, but the fact that the satellite location photographs they presented show that I have a slight bald spot that I didn't know about. I am also a little concerned that I am now on 'List 100' and not allowed a library card anymore, and that Tesco know that I will run out of milk at 10:53am tomorrow morning."

A spokesman from MI5, who wished only to be known as "Tony", said: "We have done the British public a great service. This man is clearly potentially dangerous and our analysis shows that it could only be a matter of time before he becomes a Muslim, turns into some sort of terrorist asylum seeker, or does 71 mph on the motorway."

Ramsbottom was fined £15, advised to lower his cholesterol, buy a decent map, and not to park illegally again.
Old 19 January 2006, 11:21 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ||VaNDaL||
sorry I just had to show this...
kinda sums it all up - dont ya think???
LOL

Political Correctness = 'New Fascism'
Old 19 January 2006, 11:38 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

The only reply to this is that what you think is "nothing wrong" is not what the Government thinks
Old 19 January 2006, 11:42 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't say i'm fond of police but this is ridiculous.
Old 19 January 2006, 11:42 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Does Tony Blair actually talk to the public. Surely people must be voicing their distain to him. I don't know one single person who isn't angered by the way he tries to run our country and our police force. He either ignores them, or disagrees. Either way, he's an **** hole!

at the end of the day, the responsibilty to run everything in the UK falls on his shoulders (civil services)
Old 19 January 2006, 12:12 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kyl3cook
Does Tony Blair actually talk to the public. Surely people must be voicing their distain to him. I don't know one single person who isn't angered by the way he tries to run our country and our police force. He either ignores them, or disagrees. Either way, he's an **** hole!

at the end of the day, the responsibilty to run everything in the UK falls on his shoulders (civil services)
I'm pretty sure the lying ******* said pretty much the following after having his majority massively reduced after the last general election:
"This is a message from the public to show they are happy with what we are doing, we must however listen more to what the public wants"

Nice to see him keeping his promises
Old 19 January 2006, 12:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He very rarely allows the public to speak to him because every time he does, he gets it right between the eyes on some subject thet he is unable to defend and it all descends into his personal embarrassment.

Les