Sex and Violence

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2006, 05:48 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sex and Violence

I knew that would get your attention !

I was wondering why whenever somebody is moaning about tv, they complain about Sex and Violence, whats wrong with Sex ? Its natrual (usually), most people partake at one time or another, Violence isnt nice but I cant understand why they get lumped together, I think Eastenders is more corrupting than seeing **** and fannies !
Old 15 January 2006, 05:56 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

morals?
Old 15 January 2006, 05:57 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I have no problem with sex or violence in films. Infact its an artistic right. A film isnt real no matter how realistic it is and sometimes it is warrented. People who moan about them arent the target audience and 9/10 havnt even seen the offending material. Seeing animals being mistreated in film/tv isnt nice but as long as you can switch off and understand its not real i dont see the problem. Unless its glorifing it for no real reason.
Old 15 January 2006, 06:05 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Personally, I think Easternder and Coronation street is far more corrupting to the young and weak minded. If anything should be banned, it should be the soaps.

I happened to be at home having a late lunch last week and Des and Mel happened (it's not a regular thing )to be on the box interviewing that Ex-bill bloke off Eastenders. And how he was getting real life death threats for killing Dennis (bang goes my lookalike career ). Death threats? What are these people on? Don't they understand the concept of acting, and that it's all pretend?
Old 15 January 2006, 06:09 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Absolutely... many 15-rated films show women penetrated by knives but none show them penetrated by a *****, which is a natual and beautiful thing (well mine is anyway)
Old 15 January 2006, 06:11 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Personally, I think Easternder and Coronation street is far more corrupting to the young and weak minded. If anything should be banned, it should be the soaps.

I happened to be at home having a late lunch last week and Des and Mel happened (it's not a regular thing )to be on the box interviewing that Ex-bill Bloke off easternder. And how he was getting real life death threats for killing Dennis (bang goes my lookalike career ). Death threats? What are these people on? Don't they understand the concept of acting, and that it's all pretend?

but thats just it it targets a specific audience, who as you can see have trouble in differentiaiting (sp) between reality and fiction, lets face it, if it went out showing normal day to day life it would be boring, or put another way, if it went out with content that was targeted at the more (flame suit on) intellegent members of society it wouldnt get any ratings (flame suit off),

critics argue its a method of escape, funny way of escaping if you ask me.

the whole concept of soaps, is so riddled with cliche,s huge plot gaps and make believe storylines, they must be doing subliminal messaging to get the viewers they do, or are the cast majority of the viewing public,, sheep??

Mart

i dont watch any of them either
Old 15 January 2006, 06:11 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Why morals ?

Morals to me are, do as you would be done by and all that, I think most of the Sex thing is just a hangover from religous dogma, i.e. we have been conditioned into the facts that its unclean, bad, sinful etc and even though most are not now religous its still there. Do we need to keep sex a bit taboo, i.e. does it loose its 'naughty' appeal if its to up front and available ?

I think that all sexual programmes should be kept well away from anyone to young to watch it but later on, why not. I also think that Eastenders is far too adult for the time it is shown, ok its not sexual explicit (thank god for that, Dot Cotton in skimpies, yuk) but there is teenage pregnancy every week, murder, violence, rape, drugs and all sorts. So if they can show that pre watershed, how come sex post (a long way after) watershed is so censored.

Perhaps I should just get a DVD and stop being such a cheapskate ?
Old 15 January 2006, 06:13 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sex an violence have gone hand in hand from the beginning..!
Old 15 January 2006, 06:16 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by dpb

Are you talking about anyone in particular?
Old 15 January 2006, 06:22 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Dont agree, they are opposites in my mind.
Old 15 January 2006, 06:26 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

erm ..since egyptian times and before who knows
Old 15 January 2006, 06:27 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I suppose there is a bit of that when people get there pleasure centres mixed up, hence s and m and all that stuff.
Old 15 January 2006, 06:28 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
You kinky devil!

Chip
Old 15 January 2006, 07:50 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

I've been in the states a few months, and the TV censorship is positively weird here. They show violent films on TV at all hours of the day on non-premium channels. They don't edit any of the violence, as far as I can tell, but they blur any nipple shots no matter how brief, they even blur the top of the buttocks on ER at 2pm! They also bleep the swearing, to the extent that they bleep the word GOD in GOD-DAMN but not the DAMN (and blank it on subtitles!) But a shooting or stabbing is okay!

The values here are truly weird. Every morning Jerry Springer is on at 8am. They blank the bad language and blur the flesh, so you shouldn't be able to hear or see that. Fair enough. However, you are encouraged to watch people beat each other senseless, the audience gang up and shout at the "guests" and encourage the violence, brutal mob mentality. They're all ******, crack heads or KKK too that can't solve their problems without violence, but as long as they don't swear..............
Old 15 January 2006, 07:56 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
I've been in the states a few months, and the TV censorship is positively weird here. They show violent films on TV at all hours of the day on non-premium channels. They don't edit any of the violence, as far as I can tell, but they blur any nipple shots no matter how brief, they even blur the top of the buttocks on ER at 2pm! They also bleep the swearing, to the extent that they bleep the word GOD in GOD-DAMN but not the DAMN (and blank it on subtitles!) But a shooting or stabbing is okay!

The values here are truly weird. Every morning Jerry Springer is on at 8am. They blank the bad language and blur the flesh, so you shouldn't be able to hear or see that. Fair enough. However, you are encouraged to watch people beat each other senseless, the audience gang up and shout at the "guests" and encourage the violence, brutal mob mentality. They're all ******, crack heads or KKK too that can't solve their problems without violence, but as long as they don't swear..............
Any country that let's you own a firearm when you are fourteen, but won't allow you to buy an alcoholic drink until you're twenty-one, is so fcuked up as to be irrelevant when judgement & standards are being discussed.

I personally have no problem with either sex or violence, on TV, but I do wish my wife would stop beating me whenever I ask for a ****
Old 15 January 2006, 07:57 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

2000TLondon, i remember when i was over there in 1997 and watched Childs Play 3 at 8am!!! Very weird scheduling as you say!
Old 15 January 2006, 08:06 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

'God' is big buisness over there of course....!..
Old 15 January 2006, 09:45 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

....So is Smith and Wesson
Old 15 January 2006, 09:55 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Guns and Religion, Yee Har !

Doesnt say much does it, beleiving all that and thinking a personal firearm is a great idea.