Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The underground

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2005, 10:27 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The underground

Does anyone moan about their job anymore than these they constantly want to strike

Old 22 December 2005, 10:34 PM
4x4chris
Scooby Regular

apparently they are on a 35 hour week too!

wish i was!
Old 22 December 2005, 10:39 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I found out our bin lorry drivers earn more per hour than I do, and they STILL moan

Think I'll retrain, finshing work at lunchtime seems a nice proposition.
Old 22 December 2005, 10:46 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

They whinge like nothing else, but if they can get away with it why are they gonna stop ?? 30k, 35 hour week, greedy buggers!
Old 22 December 2005, 10:49 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Ideal time to wheel out the underground song...

http://www.rigleys.com/pickup/08LondonUnderground.mp3

NSF work or kiddies.
(Yes it's been done before!)
Old 22 December 2005, 10:59 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

great tune
Old 22 December 2005, 11:00 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 4x4chris
apparently they are on a 35 hour week too!

wish i was!
same here - our hours have been put UP
Old 22 December 2005, 11:02 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

The sooner they roll out the DLR method (i.e. no drivers) across the whole network, the better. Can't come a moment too soon in my opinion.
Old 22 December 2005, 11:02 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HankScorpio

NSF work or kiddies.
Like it
Old 22 December 2005, 11:05 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

makes me laugh everytime. first heard that on someones fone
Old 22 December 2005, 11:39 PM
Mr Smith P1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by HankScorpio

NSF work or kiddies.
Old 22 December 2005, 11:59 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

£30k is nothing in London ............ in fact, its nothing ANYWHERE!

Remember these people may be blown up!!

If a Fireman is worth £30k for doing absolutely NOTHING - then the Underground drivers are worth £60k!

Just my opinion

Pete
Old 23 December 2005, 12:09 AM
PG
Scooby Regular

How did I know when I saw Pete's name on this thread that he would mention that !?
Old 23 December 2005, 12:14 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Because I always step in with the truth??

Pete
Old 23 December 2005, 08:06 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by pslewis
Underground drivers are worth £60k!
C'mon Pete - They must be worth at least the UK average (£95k per annum).

Most of them are "Red Brothers" you know !

Old 23 December 2005, 11:46 AM
AlfasudQV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris L
The sooner they roll out the DLR method (i.e. no drivers) across the whole network, the better. Can't come a moment too soon in my opinion.
Yes, thats right, lets get rid of more decent working people, makes sense. As long as Ive got my job everything in the world is fine. I guess that I can just laugh at my displaced and marginalised brother as he struggles to provide for his family.
Cant we get a 'Moderator' to Moderate the 'Mods' for being crassly Moronic !
Grow up son, an I.T qualification does not mean that you can even pretend to understand the basic human dignity of work. One day you will be displaced or marginalised, maybe, but only maybe will you then understand the grown up world.
Old 23 December 2005, 11:52 AM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

striking for more money is amoral...for better working conditions, possibly justifiable, but for more money is holding the country to ransom...if you want more money, get a better paid job...!

Old 23 December 2005, 12:03 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

AlfasudQV the IT geek slayer?

30k a year is crap money as said, especially in London. I'd rather have a driver on the tube than some automatic system anyway. TBH I thought they were on more money than that.
Old 23 December 2005, 12:43 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by AlfasudQV
Yes, thats right, lets get rid of more decent working people, makes sense. As long as Ive got my job everything in the world is fine. I guess that I can just laugh at my displaced and marginalised brother as he struggles to provide for his family.
Cant we get a 'Moderator' to Moderate the 'Mods' for being crassly Moronic !
Grow up son, an I.T qualification does not mean that you can even pretend to understand the basic human dignity of work. One day you will be displaced or marginalised, maybe, but only maybe will you then understand the grown up world.
You seem to be the one having trouble coping with the real world as you put it. There will be plenty of Polish folk willing to drive a train for less the £20k a year.

Anyone in a Labour intensive industry is going to have to learn to live on a lot less money under the Third Reich than they do today.

Get yourself trained up in something requiring a Brain and you should be able to feed your family.

Cheers Mr Blair.
Old 23 December 2005, 12:56 PM
AlfasudQV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
You seem to be the one having trouble coping with the real world as you put it. There will be plenty of Polish folk willing to drive a train for less the £20k a year.

Anyone in a Labour intensive industry is going to have to learn to live on a lot less money under the Third Reich than they do today.

Get yourself trained up in something requiring a Brain and you should be able to feed your family.

Cheers Mr Blair.
Actually I am an ex shop steward, with four I.T qualifications over the last ten years, I did retrain. I dont have to feed the Family anymore and only bother working about six months a year to earn about £20k. I can actually live and survive on about £12k. Does not mean that I have to though. Of course people have to learn to live on less, how could all parliamentarians award themselves 100% pay rises if we didnt.
Now go back to your Edexcel business bible try to attain NVQ 1 and come up with some more ways of shafting your brothers and sisters out of work.

Last edited by AlfasudQV; 23 December 2005 at 01:15 PM.
Old 23 December 2005, 01:16 PM
Reality
BANNED

Actually I am ex shop steward, with four I.T qualifications over the last ten years, I did retrain. I dont have to feed the Family anymore and only bother working about six months a year to earn about £20k. I can actually live and survive on about £12k. Does not mean that I have to though. Of course people have to learn to live on less, how could all parliamentarians award themselves 100% pay rises if we didnt.
Now go back to your Edexcel business bible try to attain NVQ 1 and come with some more ways of shafting your brothers and sisters out of work.
I'm not shafting anyone out of work. Unlike Mr Blair my Brain power is being used to keep UK people and their families gainfully employed.

Admittedly none of them are from Mr Blair's new found European Allies - but I quite like keeping Brits employed .

Keep voting Labour mate - they're doin a great job for the working classes - in Poland .
Old 23 December 2005, 01:19 PM
Reality
BANNED

Ps Merry Christmas.

I'm off home now .
Old 23 December 2005, 01:22 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

Can't see what the problem is here, especially blaming Blair (boring zzzzzz)

Cheap foreign labour is not a new thing on these shores, it's been going on for centuries. Stop moaning about some foreigner with the brains and ability to make it in a foreign country and work for themselves. I'd rather have somebody here who's got the brains and the ambition to make something of their live than some Sun reading dole jockey, who was born and "raised" in this country, whose main ambition in life is getting out of bed. All these workaholic foreigners will be paying our pensions in a few years time.
Old 23 December 2005, 01:27 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

£30k to work in London, unsociable hours and risk being killed is absolutely outrageous!!

£60k would be fair, considering.

I mean, come on, who would work for £30k?? It's laughable!!

Pete
Old 23 December 2005, 01:27 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Can't see what the problem is here, especially blaming Blair (boring zzzzzz)

Cheap foreign labour is not a new thing on these shores, it's been going on for centuries. Stop moaning about some foreigner with the brains and ability to make it in a foreign country and work for themselves. I'd rather have somebody here who's got the brains and the ambition to make something of their live than some Sun reading dole jockey, who was born and "raised" in this country, whose main ambition in life is getting out of bed. All these workaholic foreigners will be paying our pensions in a few years time.
I'm with you - It's Brother Alfa above who wants the gravy train to continue forever. I think its great that Blairs's hurting all the fcukwits that voted him in .

Now I'm really going home
Old 23 December 2005, 01:35 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Talking

Mmmmm gravy. Go home
Old 23 December 2005, 02:04 PM
AlfasudQV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
I'm with you - It's Brother Alfa above who wants the gravy train to continue forever. I think its great that Blairs's hurting all the fcukwits that voted him in .

Now I'm really going home
And of course parliamentarians and suits have never been near a Gravy train all of our lives. They are not guilty of shafting the 'Working class', they have never awarded themselves obscene pay increases. They are in fact all innocent and philanthropic. I suppose that you believe todays headline about Tories 'redistrubuting the wealth'. Labour, Tory, Liberal. No difference they will use their power to subscribe to the 'Market' and will of course steal the pensions as they have stolen jobs. You really believe that there is a political distinction and that you can see it dont you ? Understanding will reach you one day.
BTW Merry Christmas safe journey home
Old 24 December 2005, 09:13 AM
jasey
Scooby Senior

I suppose that you believe todays headline about Tories 'redistrubuting the wealth'. Labour, Tory, Liberal. No difference they will use their power to subscribe to the 'Market' and will of course steal the pensions as they have stolen jobs. You really believe that there is a political distinction and that you can see it dont you ? Understanding will reach you one day.
BTW Merry Christmas safe journey home
Absolutely not.

Under Labour everyone is worse off.

Under Tories those wlling to get off the ***** and do something to change the **** have a chance of being better off.

It's just a shame that the great British public can't see this .

It's a simplic view gained having seen what happens under Labour, Tory, then Labour Governments .

Can't see it changing until we get some real change in the way this Country runs itself !
Old 24 December 2005, 01:38 PM
AlfasudQV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
Absolutely not.

Under Labour everyone is worse off.

Under Tories those wlling to get off the ***** and do something to change the **** have a chance of being better off.

It's just a shame that the great British public can't see this .

It's a simplic view gained having seen what happens under Labour, Tory, then Labour Governments .

Can't see it changing until we get some real change in the way this Country runs itself !

Hmmm, Straight from the Tebbit/Thatcher bible.

The 'Great British public' bought Thatchers Lies that it was dirty and nasty to be Working class. They decided to subscribe to the Greed is good/shaft your brother ethos. Normal people suddenly decided not to be proud of their working class credentials. The tories of course assisted by removing skills/jobs and replacing them with 'Business' orientated occupations designed for 'Market' compliancy and to make a 'quick buck'. All this did was fuel the 'greed is good' culture. Superb !
Meanwhile all of Thatchers little Business parasites attacked the Unions for being greedy. This is true. The difference is, that a Union being greedy benefits all the brothers and sisters, An idiot yuppy being greedy is just amoebic. Why defend the obscenely rich ??
BTW the country does not run itself, it is run by Digby Jones and his Billionaires club of thieves who will no doubt be dining well as always.

The very basics of the market economics system drives the prices of our toys down, it also drives down skills, jobs, pride and human decency. Remember that 90% of the wealth in the U.K is controlled by 10% of the population. Thatcher, Heseltine, Tebbit, Lamont, Lawson cannot believe their luck with the current Tory government, surpised you Tory supporters have not realised this yet.
Oh **** , there is a crack appearing in my soapbox better get off and sweep up some Alfasud we had rain last night
Old 24 December 2005, 09:41 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Very impressed with the rant Alfasud - not often you can get a shop steward talking about "brothers and sisters" in one breath, and the benefits of "market economics" (lower cost of production) in another. Except of course, how it is everyones right to have a job. How the "working class" are "decent working people". How the better off are described as "obscenely rich". Market economics "drives down skills".

History teaches a lesson, and that is that crap systems get overthrown eventually because they dont work. The NHS will not and can not work for another 20 years and will disappear. Communism has failed every time. Market economies actually provide profitable employment - you should be celebrating the success stories - or obscenely rich as you call them. But your ideas wont let you. Unfortunately for you, reality will get you in the end

Quick Reply: The underground