Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

boxing tonight your verdicts??

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2005, 10:34 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boxing tonight your verdicts??

Amir Kahn .. good fight, apart from the sudden bout of hameding!!

Audley Harrison... painfully slow, nearly gave up at one stage...poor performance all round..

and did you see the guest appearance from prince... comback next year?? looked like he was carrying a whole couple of weight divisions under his coat
and why did he have to get a religous angle in??

Mart
Old 10 December 2005, 10:37 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Amir Khan was a star, Harrison was a disappointment, my money was on him. The prince certainly looked over familiar with the sweet trolley, comeback my ****
Old 10 December 2005, 10:45 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Harrison was dissapointing, but come on what did you honestly expect, If anyone was dissapointing Danny Williams was.... Poor show all round really IMO and after the 12th round I would have given it to Audley...

Now am I the only one who saw in the final second of the 12th round Danny Williams floor himself after trying to uppercut Harrisson? I could have swore he did, comical, I was actually crying with laughter.
Old 10 December 2005, 10:46 PM
Nicks VR4
Scooby Regular

Amir Kahn's fight top match

Audley Harrison's fight even the crowd got pi$$ed off a few good bits
But the better boxer won
Old 10 December 2005, 10:52 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Audrey - what a *******.
Old 11 December 2005, 01:32 AM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Good fight from Kahn but what a disappointing display from Harrison. From somebody who touted themselves as the next world champion that was very poor. Harrison did genuinely look scared of Williams for the first 2/3rds of the fight. So much for all the pre-fight bravado from him.

Thought it was nice of Kahn to wish everyone Merry Christmas etc but did note Naseem's 'Muslim brother' religious statement as a bit unnecessary. Hopefully Kahn's success won’t go to his head like it did with Nas.
Old 11 December 2005, 01:44 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Harrison was knackered after 7 sedentary rounds - If he wants to become world champ he needs to work out how to win in 3 or do some decent training. - Davegtt - from where I was sitting it looked like he caught himself with as sharp uppercut. It might just have been the momentum that made him go down and the camera angle that made it look self inflicted though

Trending Topics

Old 11 December 2005, 10:17 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

The main contest was simply dreadful for first 7 or 8 rounds with Harrison's only tactic to smother Williams if/when he got close. Big girl's blouse. Last few rounds were more exciting and had the Williams punch that caught Harrison on the temple connected properly Harrison would still be out for the count. I think Lennox could have whupped 'em both
Old 11 December 2005, 10:31 AM
chrome
Scooby Regular

yup.

mind you; Danny Williams cant half throw a punch.. shame he couldnt string together more than 4 at a time

They both need to work on their stamina and footwork.
williams looked he was was wearing concrete boots

Harrison looked like he was going thru the motions with no heart
Real Deal?
Big Deal more like
Old 11 December 2005, 11:21 AM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know

Amir Khan fight was good. Just about lost the will to live on the Harrison / Williams fight....and these two reckon they are world champ contenders?!?!? They were sooo boring (I still wouldn't pick a fight with either of them though )
Old 11 December 2005, 11:34 AM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

Kahn - the business - will go far
Harrison - a disgrace - how ever much they paid him they should ask for it back. - Awful!!!

J
Old 11 December 2005, 11:58 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

totally agree !! what a waste , if that is the best we have god help us !
Old 11 December 2005, 12:06 PM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

After watching harrison train when he came to train with the army boxing team some years ago ,i realised then that he was an idle boxer.I become lethargic just looking at the man,suffice to say i never watched him fight last night.
Old 11 December 2005, 12:35 PM
ChungsterSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Harrisson and Williams were both shockingly bad - it was the worst fight I have seen and highlights why the Heavyweight division is currently dead. To me they were both carrying too much weight for a 12 round points result. Neither wanted to go for the KO and Harrison who I was backing was appalling. Williams deserved the win but only due to being the lesser of two poor fighters.

The Skelton fight was just a farce and Williams will flatten Skelton if they ever get it on. That guy from Essex was just a fat bloater who didn't look as though he had ever boxed in his life. If thats all Skelton is used to fighting then how did he ever get the British Heavyweight belt

The best fight was Kevin Mitchell, that was a cracking fight which went toe to toe from the first bell and both took good hits. He predicted he would knock him out in the 6th and he did. He looks very promising but the talk at the end of him fighting Khan in the future was laughable, Khan is twice his size and it would be no contest. Khan's fight was good but again not really much of a contest.

What happened to the days of Saturday nights being filled with top fights - Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Bruno, Benn, Eubank, Collins, Naseem. There has been no one to step into any of these fighters shoes and have careers on par with the above. Boxing has really fallen from the heights of 10 years ago.
Ricky Hatton! Now there's a guy who knows how to "box" and throw a few "punches"

Unlike the absurd "real deal Audley no idea what i'm doing Harrison"

What a pathetic match that was. But Danny Williams at least attempted to land some big whoppers despite having a reach disadvantage. Harrison just walked for a bit and waited for his pay check!
Old 11 December 2005, 12:58 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

heavy weight fight was a joke
Old 11 December 2005, 01:06 PM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

I hear what you are saying Bravo2zero, I wouldn't have moved an inch from the door if there was a Steve Collins fight on the box -- same for Eubank and if Nigel Benn was on the bill, there was a crowd round to watch it. Hamed was good value too until he got so far up his own backside he became embarrasing and boring to watch. Hatton is probably the only British boxer I'd change channels for these days and as for Khan, yes he's very talented but until they put him into the ring with someone with a bit more experience and firepower and hunger in their belly, he'll continue to be undercard material -- let's see him face a proper challenge and give us something to shout about as those glory days of British boxers worth watching are sorely missed.
Old 11 December 2005, 06:37 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

First fight Ive watched in a long time and it was woeful. Cements why I watch UFC now. None of these namby pamby gloves and the ref ready to split you up as soon as you get together.

Id love to see one of these heavyweight boxers go toe to toe with Andrei Arlovski in the Octagon - they wouldnt last one 5 min round. Shame I dont see it ever happening.

Simon.
Old 11 December 2005, 11:40 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Boring - except for Amir Khan match, that is