Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why is it

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2005, 12:56 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is it

That when you buy something on-line you often get delivery problems.

Came home lunchtime and there on the mat is a note from Initial link., We tried to deliver an item, you werent in so we have taken it 40 miles away and you have to come and collect it. They wont change the delivery address and re-deliver, fair enough so ring the person I bought the item from.
They say we can change the address it will cost £10. Why you dont you use royal mail? (where i can collect it lunchtime and its a mile away). Change the delivery address to my work and now 1 off 600 people can sign for it and you never know I might not recieve it.

What are you supposed to do? Stay at home for 3 days and wait for them to deliver it? They dont tell you exactly when its coming so your on a hidding to nothing.

Gets on my txts........

Gary

ps i didnt pay the £10, told them they either deliver it or poke the order up their ****
Old 28 November 2005, 12:58 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

I dont think its an online thing, I would say its a ****y-link thing. We use them to deliver our products and pretty much can guarentee that if its urgent they will miss route it or not get it there on the allotted time.
Old 28 November 2005, 01:17 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Couriers are a bit of a lottery in my experience. I buy almost exclusively by mail order and it seems to be dependent on the attitude of the driver rather than any particular company.

I usually get things delivered to work unless the supplier insists it is delivered to the cardholder address. To work seems to be the best, not had any real problems.

To home I have had all sorts of problems, like them getting a random neighbour to sign for it, posting the card through the door whilst I am actually home waiting for them (twice I have run after them waving their card!! ) leaving the parcel in my barbeque and then scrawling 'bbq' on a random bit of paper and posting it through the door etc.

The best drivers ring your mobile when you are not in and ask if/where you want it left.
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
I dont think its an online thing, I would say its a ****y-link thing. We use them to deliver our products and pretty much can guarentee that if its urgent they will miss route it or not get it there on the allotted time.
I would have to say a blind royal mail deliver man could do more deliveries in a day than sh1ty-link,they are useless round here as well, now we ask who's delivering it?, if it's sh1ty-link we tell them sorry we are not going to order it from them
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a sign on my door saying something like, "Please deliver to number 3 if no answer"

Always works ....... no issues

All they want is a signature

Pete
Old 28 November 2005, 01:23 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pslewis
I put a sign on my door saying something like, "Please deliver to number 3 if no answer"

Always works ....... no issues

All they want is a signature

Pete
Or just give it to matron usually works for you pete
Old 28 November 2005, 01:27 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
Or just give it to matron usually works for you pete
Well, yes, as you know .... matron lives in Sheltered Accomodation with us and her flat is number 3!!

Pete
Old 28 November 2005, 01:28 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Its just annoying. People may slag off the royal mail but its easy, they try to deliver, cant so take it to the local sorting office and you get it from there.

Do they really expect me to drive 40 miles each way to collect it?

The trick is to ask which postal service they are using and then a note on the door by the sounds of it.

ohhhhhhh and dont get me started on the other lunchtime phone call to Nokia. Phone given up the ghost after 3 weeks and apparently they are not suprised. ''You must have used it in the rain sir, its pitted the board'' Of course they failed to mention that on checking the board they had slipped with the screw driver and chiselled a trough straight across all the tracks ..........
Used it in the rain indeed ......

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 28 November 2005, 01:30 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

You think Nokia are bad??

Try getting some Customer Service from LG!!

Horrific!!

I would advise anyone to ring LG Customer Services BEFORE they buy an LG product!! JUst ring and see what you get!!

Pete
Old 28 November 2005, 01:32 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pslewis
Well, yes, as you know .... matron lives in Sheltered Accomodation with us and her flat is number 3!!

Pete