My first ebay knobber?

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2005, 12:33 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My first ebay knobber?

I suppose it had to happen.

So far had no problems selling or buying. not lost any money or been buggered about

It has not gone **** up yet but it is just annoying to be messed about.
I should have put something on the about people with no history contacting me or not bidding but we all have to start somewhere.

Person opts 'buy now' on my old latop, only £ 50.00 no questions or anything from the buyer and states that payment will follow the next day.

3 days on and all i have had is a series of questions, eight in total about the condition and does it work ok what does it come with etc which i have answered affermatively each time. The ad has pictures of the laptop, disk drives, network card and a full detailed description of the laptop and included item

I wish he would have asked the questions prior to hitting the 'buy now' button

Not exactly life threatening but just a pain

moan over
Old 20 November 2005, 12:44 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Thats the story of my life on Ebay.

I always give accurate descriptions listing every aspect of what people should be asking on my items, yet CONSTANTLY get people asking questions that they could answer for themselves if they just read the descriptions. I also get people buying my items THEN asking about them.

I dont get it. Ebay is based around buyers trusting the sellers description, so what kind of person buys something without even reading the description? Do these people go shopping in Asda and just grab tins at random off the shelf without reading the labels?
Old 20 November 2005, 12:50 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Annoying isn't it. Must be human nature...

You get the same people here who don't read posts/threads, and go ahead asking the same question or giving the same reply.

It's like people just read the big print or first one or two lines then switch off. I can understand with many eBay ads though, as they often are a whole page of waffle, with stupid colours and font sizes that a 5year old kid would use. Which doesn't exactly help
Old 20 November 2005, 01:08 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Aye, I make a point of avoiding ads like that, either big, coloured fonts, or where they list reams of useless crap about the type of item instead of actualy describing their actual item properly.

Conversely, quite a few times, I have been looking for a specific car on ebay and found something suitable to be confronted by a 2-line ad and 1 small blurry photo. Its costing money to list items, why not at least make best use of the listing?
Old 20 November 2005, 05:57 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

£50 - seems a bargain

if he doesn't get in touch drop me a PM with the details (or ebay item number) and i'll probably have it
Old 21 November 2005, 12:27 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Well known fact that most Ebay buyers read the title, look at the picture and just fill in the rest themselves to suit what they want to buy, rather than what is advertised.

I've lost count of the amount of emails I've had when selling stuff with people asking me questions that are already anwswered in the listing.

If you start an auction for a large red jumper, with photos, guaranteed you'll get at least 3 people asking what colour it is, one asking if it is a jumper, two asking what size it is, and one asking if you have one the same in small.

The eventual winner will email after the auction and say 'can I have it in blue' or claim that their husband bid on it and he's just died so wont be needing it now.

It really is like a big online magnet that draws all the muppets to it.
Old 21 November 2005, 12:38 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike, I'm interested now. What colour is the small blue jumper?

F
Old 21 November 2005, 03:55 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Ahhh but the twist is the jumper never existed - I just stole a pic off an old auction and listed it on my scam account, you send the money via western union cash transfer to my 'cousin' in Croatia and I'll send a couple of emails pretending to be concerned that it has got lost, then dissapear into the night cackling to myself.