Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Kids can't even be KIDS anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2005, 11:18 AM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kids can't even be KIDS anymore!

12 yr old daughter (pleasant, sociable, popular) has put up with teasing from one very unpleasant, thuggish (jug-eared) lad at school for some time now, since she sarted there last year actually!
He makes fun of the fact she's dyslexic (a sensitive topic for her!), trips her up & calls her fat & ugly (even though she's a very slim, fit (& pretty as it happens!) sports fanatic!
Nothing done about it by school, as he's one of the 'thickies' & teachers don't want to be seen 'picking on the less able' or some such twaddle! (Given up on the little **** more like!)

Yesterday, horrible kid loses book in class & starts loudly proclaiming "Where's my book, where's my book?"
Quick as a flash, daughter retorts "Have you checked behind your ears?", which I thought was quite witty!
NO! Removal from lesson, detention, trip to head of year & black mark in her record for 'bullying'!

It's a PC world gone mad!
Daughter really upset as she has never bullied anyone in her life & is always first on the scene if anyone cries, falls over, hurts themselves etc.
Bl**dy ridiculous!

Old 02 November 2005, 11:21 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by ScoobyAddict
12 yr old daughter (pleasant, sociable, popular) has put up with teasing from one very unpleasant, thuggish (jug-eared) lad at school for some time now, since she sarted there last year actually!
He makes fun of the fact she's dyslexic (a sensitive topic for her!), trips her up & calls her fat & ugly (even though she's a very slim, fit (& pretty as it happens!) sports fanatic!
Nothing done about it by school, as he's one of the 'thickies' & teachers don't want to be seen 'picking on the less able' or some such twaddle! (Given up on the little **** more like!)

Yesterday, horrible kid loses book in class & starts loudly proclaiming "Where's my book, where's my book?"
Quick as a flash, daughter retorts "Have you checked behind your ears?", which I thought was quite witty!
NO! Removal from lesson, detention, trip to head of year & black mark in her record for 'bullying'!

It's a PC world gone mad!
Daughter really upset as she has never bullied anyone in her life & is always first on the scene if anyone cries, falls over, hurts themselves etc.
Bl**dy ridiculous!

If the school/board of governers is of no help then it is time to contact your local and national papers/press. This has to stop. Your daughter has a great sense of humour and quick witted BTW and good for her!

I would talk to your mp also. It does not sound fair and she is being discriminated against as she is 'normal' - How very PC!

Last edited by The Zohan; 02 November 2005 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02 November 2005, 11:27 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Have you raised a complaint with the school?

Failing that some 'hand that rocks the cradle' style justice for jugears wouldn't go amiss... just make sure there are no witnesses or marks. He needs a good scare.
Old 02 November 2005, 11:30 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I would certainly go flat out in defence of your daughter. Don't let the PC schoollies and the bullies get away with it.

Les
Old 02 November 2005, 11:39 AM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Unbelievable.

No, actually that's not true. Sadly all too believable.

DON'T just accept it. Kick up a fuss. Go see the head/head of year. Go to the board of governors (I'm assuming it's a state school?) Don't bother with the LEA though - that's where the crap comes from in the first place.

Make sure you document *everything* because you need to have some record in place for when this comes round and bites her bum come the time to get into a good 6th form

SB
Old 02 November 2005, 11:43 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

FFS laugh it off, the teachers cant do nothing without any proof that hes been bullying her.... he obviously must be doing it in play time etc....

Your daughter (very witty indeed) was silly enough to make a comment infront of the teachers, dont expect her to get any sympathy of the teachers when she gets a crack this dinnertime of jug ears they'll be thinking what did you expect?

Im not being nasty but come on what did you expect???? These are kids, not pub talk with a mate where it'd get laughed at for calling a mate jug ears....

Tell your daughter to ignore the teachers in situations like this, the good ole way of stopping bullying is to bully back twice as hard worked for the last lot of generations why not this lot?
Old 02 November 2005, 12:12 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

And how Davegtt is a girl supposed to bully a boy, without getting a good hiding?

Just to add: Some people just can't adopt a bullying attitude and unfortunately quick witt just get's you in even more **** with them because they have no verbal come back and hence use physical force.

Last edited by T4molie; 02 November 2005 at 12:14 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 02 November 2005, 12:22 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

hang on? your prob is with the lack of action taken against the bully surley, not what has now happened to your girl???

your kids big mouth got her in trouble.....tuff luck, she'll learn a bit of tact maybe? now deal with the bully problem.

T
Old 02 November 2005, 12:26 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Go an speak to big ears Dad, wont take long to sort it out
Old 02 November 2005, 12:31 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
FFS laugh it off, the teachers cant do nothing without any proof that hes been bullying her.... he obviously must be doing it in play time etc....

Your daughter (very witty indeed) was silly enough to make a comment infront of the teachers, dont expect her to get any sympathy of the teachers when she gets a crack this dinnertime of jug ears they'll be thinking what did you expect?

Im not being nasty but come on what did you expect???? These are kids, not pub talk with a mate where it'd get laughed at for calling a mate jug ears....

Tell your daughter to ignore the teachers in situations like this, the good ole way of stopping bullying is to bully back twice as hard worked for the last lot of generations why not this lot?
True but the nauseating thing is that she has had to put up with all HIS stupid comments etc, while the teachers take the attitude of "Well, he's thick as pig-sh*t so nothing gets through anyway" but the ONE time SHE comes back with a single comment, she gets done for it!

Even more galling, she is not remotely afraid of him & is quite capable of kicking his stupid head in, as she still holds a middle-ranking belt in Shotokan karate & is a more than capable & fearless combatant, able to take a strike as well as dish 'em out but also knows if she did ANYTHING to him, she would be in deep wotsit at school & may even get her karate license revoked!
Has slapped & booted all the other lads who've challenged her into submission & respect but this little **** seems to realise he's somehow 'protected' as he doesn't go in for playground rough & tumbles, unless he's beating the cr*p out of someone else!
Very frustrating!
Old 02 November 2005, 12:31 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I am so glad I am not a growing kid in this day and age, FFS I bet more than half of you can remember all the **** we used to get upto as growing kids in the 70's and 80's!!!

I would be either in permement detention or expelled if I was growing up in todays society!!!!
Old 02 November 2005, 12:33 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by ScoobyAddict
Even more galling, she is not remotely afraid of him & is quite capable of kicking his stupid head in, as she still holds a middle-ranking belt in Shotokan karate & is a more than capable & fearless combatant, able to take a strike as well as dish 'em out but also knows if she did ANYTHING to him, she would be in deep wotsit at school & may even get her karate license revoked!
Has slapped & booted all the other lads who've challenged her into submission & respect but this little **** seems to realise he's somehow 'protected' as he doesn't go in for playground rough & tumbles, unless he's beating the cr*p out of someone else!
Very frustrating!
I retract my earlier statement
Old 02 November 2005, 12:42 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Know the feeling,

my 13 yr old was picked on by a lad when he was at junior school, you know the sort of thing,, "i,m gonna get you" you wait till breaktime etc...

anyway this kid decides to have a go and starts to get going, whilst my nipper is in the loo.... anyway my niper decides enough is enough, and confronts the oik, one spat later and my nipper is oiked up infront of the head for bullying!! my nippers mate! had decided to side with the bully

when i went to see his teacher he was very surprised and could not understand why my nipper had done it, and he must have been provoked and it appeared the head was not listening to the teachers defence...

after a wasted visit to the head i got the NL pc crap et al, to which i gave her a few home truth, and informed her i would take it to the board of goveners etc.

as i was leaving my nippers teacher collared me for a chat... of the record he admitted, although wrong, he was actually quite proud of my nipper for having a go..

suffice to say my nippers mate is no longer his mate, and the other kid does not bother my eldest enay more...

I dont condone it in any way, and my nipper knows its wrong, but is stopped his problem

Mart
Old 02 November 2005, 12:47 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T4molie
I retract my earlier statement
Yeah, if one of the 'normal' lads caught teasing a friend & asked to stop by her for example, suggests "Show us what you've got then!", her reply would be "Karate, kickboxing or plain old fisticuffs?" If they then wanna play, they're on their own! (Gotta be fair as she'd never dish out more to anyone than they were capable of giving back! But it's all pretty harmless, no real pain is inflicted bar lads getting mocked by their friends for taking on & then getting smacked by a girlie & she gets respect & admiration for being more than the Barbie she looks like!

Little jug-eared **** though doesn't hang around with 'lads', he's too much of a coward & prefers picking on those that can't or won't defend themselves & is bright enough to realise my daughter would pound him into mush, so refuses to touch him!

God, made her sound horrible now, she's not really, just finds it annoying that there is NOTHING she can do to shut the little geek up without getting into trouble herself!
Old 02 November 2005, 01:28 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

By the sounds of it, this lad is upsetting you more than your daughter. She can handle herself, popular, pretty etc etc.... Who gives a stuff what some loser in her class says to her.

Fair enough, shes been done for mouthing off but as long as she doesn't become a bully herself, what difference does it make. She sounds like she has a good strong character and all this will only make her stronger for the future.

If he turns things up a notch and really won't stop chiding her, I'd go back to the school and kick up enough grief they can't just ignore whats going on. However, if she gets a taste for causing a disruption you'll not be in such a good position if you go to the school.
Old 02 November 2005, 01:35 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Tell her to catch jug ears on his own away from anyone else and give him a kicking. he'll think twice next time and I doubt he'll go telling everyone it was the little barbie girl who beat him up....

Job done, shouldnt ear (get it ) from him again
Old 02 November 2005, 02:13 PM
ScoobyAddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
By the sounds of it, this lad is upsetting you more than your daughter. She can handle herself, popular, pretty etc etc.... Who gives a stuff what some loser in her class says to her.

Fair enough, shes been done for mouthing off but as long as she doesn't become a bully herself, what difference does it make. She sounds like she has a good strong character and all this will only make her stronger for the future.

If he turns things up a notch and really won't stop chiding her, I'd go back to the school and kick up enough grief they can't just ignore whats going on. However, if she gets a taste for causing a disruption you'll not be in such a good position if you go to the school.
You're spot-on dead right actually!
It's a hard lesson, realising sometimes that sh*t happens & there's b*gger all you can do about it but at least she's not letting her sensei down & abusing the karate etc. Now that would REALLY upset her!
Cheers for that m8! Who'd be a parent eh?
Old 02 November 2005, 02:19 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Mine will be 4 on Sunday

Think I might suggest a few martial arts lessons alongside her ballet - just in case
Old 02 November 2005, 02:21 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Did he find his book?
Old 02 November 2005, 02:36 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by Spoon
Did he find his book?
FPMSL
Old 02 November 2005, 05:09 PM
blubs
Scooby Regular

I was bullied relentlessly at school from day 1 and nothing was ever done about it, despite me going to all maner of teachers etc. Led to me playing truant, even getting suspended for trying to avoid them.

I'm not talking about pushing and shoving, I think that is part of growing up - or it certainly was when I was at school. I'm talking a real good kicking, stealing your money ripping your clothes.

Now the message to my two kids is simple and it has been effective so far;

If they take the mickey, just ignore them. Play the 'they don't exist game'. If it persists, keep igoring them. This usually works.
When it takes the next step and they actually hit you, then hit them back, just once - very hard and even if it results in a fight they will pick on someone easier in the future.

Not saying this works for everyone but it has for my kids on the very odd occasion that they have been bullied.

BTW thy are 8 and 4.
Old 02 November 2005, 09:54 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Just keep her away from pool cues.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...854159,00.html
Old 02 November 2005, 10:38 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bloody hell. The goofy Mr Ripley?
Old 02 November 2005, 11:01 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Bullying's a barstard of a thing, and no mistake. I went to talk to my 7-year-old's teacher today because a few kids ganged up on him this one day calling him "gay" FFS, they don't even know what it means. There was one ringleader who's a bit of a **** and the others go along with it because it might be them next. While I'm having a word, this little ****** is riving another kid around by his neck in the playground. His mother goes over and says to this kid "Oi! will you leave him alone, please?" She then took her turn with the teacher to complain about this numpty, bringing up other incidents where her lad has been victimised, punched in the stomach etc., when the lad's chavvy mother steps in and starts shouting the odds about "Don't you shout at my son, the only people who can discipline him are me and his teacher, you come to me if you have a problem". What does she think she's teaching her son by this behaviour? Complete disregard and disrespect for other adults and that his behaviour is acceptable, that's what.

Makes my blood boil.

Never mind talking to him, If he'd have been doing it to my lad I wouldn't have gone round looking for his mother I'd have lifted him up by his ears and converted him over the posts.
Old 02 November 2005, 11:17 PM
trubble
Scooby Newbie

ScoobyAddict, if you are concerned and dont want anything on her school record, I suggest getting in touch with her form tutor or head of year- the fact that he takes fun out of her for being dyslexic should not be ignored and she certainly should not face such a harsh punishment for ONE comment.

As a secondary school teacher in what I consider quite an "average" comprehensive, I deal with this s*** everyday. sometimes having knowledge of what happens outside the classroom (in this case all the rubbish he spouts) and having support from parents can really help make more informed decisions in the classroom. I know I would certainly appreciate more contact with parents (some of them anyway.....)