Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

My car's been vandalised...

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2005, 02:46 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car's been vandalised...

I am gutted. I parked my car on the road last night when I went out with some friends in Guildford. It's quite a way out of town, so when I decided to have a few drinks and leave the car, I wasn't too concerned about it - it was all locked up and I'd folded the mirrors in.

When I got back to the car I noticed quite a nasty dent in the middle of the bonnet and felt that sinking feeling that I am sure so many others have experienced. I went over to look closer and noticed a footprint in the middle of the dent. I then looked at the roof and sure enough, another nice dent on the leading edge of the roof complete with footprint. There's another footprint just at the top of the tailgate but no dent.

Why do people do things like this? It probably took them less than five seconds to do that and what did they get from it? Now I am stuck filling in insurance claims, paying the excess and sorting out the repairs!

It'd been raining last night so if the guy had slipped and broken his neck when he did it at least I might feel better. As it is, he probably carried on his merry way with his friends and never gave it a second thought.

This kind of thing just doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 30 October 2005, 02:49 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Hope the ***** who did it are involved in a horrible accient of some sort.

Pisses me off beyond belief that theres people who just have zero respect for other peoples stuff.

Hope you get it sorted ok - I guess just dont leave it anyway even slightly dodgy parked on the road in future.
Old 30 October 2005, 02:50 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Very sorry to hear that Butkus.

The sooner we introduce a culling policy for these scum, the better.

Mossman
Old 30 October 2005, 02:55 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Horrible

I was playing pool one night when my mate came in saying he'd just seen a drunk/drugged guy run a set of keys down the side of every car in the street. We all had our cars in the car park so no problem there but I was trying to talk my mates into going and giving the guy a total hiding but they just weren't up for it. Not their problem, etc, etc. Therein is the problem - when you leave you car on its own it is just that, alone and unprotected. Therefore any ****** can do what he wants and knows nothing is going to happen. A very sad state of affairs.
Old 30 October 2005, 02:59 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
I was playing pool one night when my mate came in saying he'd just seen a drunk/drugged guy run a set of keys down the side of every car in the street. We all had our cars in the car park so no problem there but I was trying to talk my mates into going and giving the guy a total hiding but they just weren't up for it.
Shouldve given the tw@t a serious seeing to Im not one for fights and violence, but sometimes its all these people will understand.
Old 30 October 2005, 03:12 PM
stabb
Scooby Regular

at 4.30 am last night some toss decided to try help him or i suppose to be pc her self (lol) to my v6 spoiler which im glad to say split due to lots of bonding and broke hence they never got away with a lovely spoiler to get a bag of sugar with, if u get my drift, gotta laugh (or will go on a rampage) comes with the territory with these sort of motors unfortunately. Jason
Old 30 October 2005, 03:23 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I woke up yesterday to find my mirror plastic on the floor and a trail of similar all the way along the street. It even had the trainer print still on it. Luckily the mirror clipped back on but its the second time in 2 weeks that some one has smashed or hit that mirror. Last time was a white van that hit it then belted of up the high street at full speed. My mum has had her land drover hit by so many vans that she doesn't even get the mirrors or car fixed anymore just fixes with gaffer tape.

Trending Topics

Old 30 October 2005, 03:32 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

my car was keyed outside my house on Friday night

left it at a hotel yesterday whilst at a wedding, Im still yet to pick it up
Old 30 October 2005, 03:40 PM
scoobypreza
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Butkus

This kind of thing just doesn't make any sense to me.

it makes no sense
Old 30 October 2005, 03:46 PM
scoobfan
Scooby Regular

What goes around comes around!

Rob
Old 30 October 2005, 04:04 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Question

What a fecking shame, some ***** need teaching a good lesson!

As a matter of interest
Did you report it to the Police?
Did they turn out to investigate?
How long did they take to respond?

The reason i ask is the Turvelo thread and how quick the response was. I just wonder if the public get the same treatment.
Assuming both cases are vandalism

I understand the Truvelo was on fire but i know the location 15m from the nearest house.
Old 30 October 2005, 04:09 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
What a fecking shame, some ***** need teaching a good lesson!

As a matter of interest
Did you report it to the Police?
Did they turn out to investigate?
How long did they take to respond?

The reason i ask is the Turvelo thread and how quick the response was. I just wonder if the public get the same treatment.
Assuming both cases are vandalism

I understand the Truvelo was on fire but i know the location 15m from the nearest house.
Yes I reported it to the police. However, that just consisted of picking up a special crime report phone in the police station and reporting it to what sounded like a call centre - I asked the guy if that sort of thing happened regularly in Guildford and he replied "I don't know, I'm not in Guildford". I was given a Crime Reference Number and asked whether I wanted to hear from the victim support person and that was it. He mentioned that there could possible be CCTV in the area, but he wasn't sure.
Old 30 October 2005, 04:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Butkus
Yes I reported it to the police. However, that just consisted of picking up a special crime report phone in the police station and reporting it to what sounded like a call centre - I asked the guy if that sort of thing happened regularly in Guildford and he replied "I don't know, I'm not in Guildford". I was given a Crime Reference Number and asked whether I wanted to hear from the victim support person and that was it. He mentioned that there could possible be CCTV in the area, but he wasn't sure.
Shame and no suprises there then. Next time i would suggest leaving your car next to a speed camera and say they are swinging on it and look like they may have matches and a can of petrol - You could get a result!

Oh and be grateful for small mercies.
If this piece of sh*t had fallen and injured him/herself then you could be looking at a lawsuit.

This sort of crime may not seem to be that 'big' but it is a problme and it does need treating accordingly. It needs stopping. The police need to take it seriously.

Antisocial behaviou is the scourge of the last few years and is getting worse. Why - because it does not appear to be being delt with or taken seriously.

Last edited by The Zohan; 30 October 2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 30 October 2005, 04:25 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Shame and no suprises there then. Next time i would suggest leaving your car next to a speed camera and say they are swinging on it and look like they may have matches and a can of petrol - You could get a result!
If there are no witnesses, no suspects, no SOCO evidence - there is not a great deal the police can do other than record it
Old 30 October 2005, 04:31 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
If there are no witnesses, no suspects, no SOCO evidence - there is not a great deal the police can do other than record it
Felix

How do you know there is no Socco - i imagine they used their hands to climb onto the car or may have slipped and landed on their hands. The thing is is is not even important enough to warrant looking at is it.

This is still real crime and on the increase because no-one seems to take it seriously. It has and will continue to get worse

read this
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=467185
i think you can draw enough parallels to see what is classed as important and what is not

N
It really is not a pop at the rank and file police it is their masters and decision makers!

Last edited by The Zohan; 30 October 2005 at 04:34 PM.
Old 30 October 2005, 04:32 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

This sort of crime may not seem to be that 'big' but it is a problme and it does need treating accordingly. It needs stopping. The police need to take it seriously.

Antisocial behaviou is the scourge of the last few years and is getting worse. Why - because it does not appear to be being delt with or taken seriously.
It is taken seriuosly. Why do u think they introduced ASBOS?
Old 30 October 2005, 04:36 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

ASBOS?

Having one of these is classed as cool in the hardcore chav undercurrent sub-culture. Being 'awarded' an ASBOS is something that some of them aspire to.
Old 30 October 2005, 04:37 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Please!

My experience of ASBO's.

The scum fromt the eastern Disrtrict moved thier 'operations' to our area. This includes robbing, thieving vandalism and making peopes lives a misery. BNow due to ASBO's and now they are banned from this area they have moved on to another part on Northampton - This info courtesy of our local copper.

In some cases it just moves the problem from one area to another.
Old 30 October 2005, 04:41 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

In some cases it just moves the problem from one area to another.

In almost all cases. The liberals and human rights wimps have yet to provide any better solution than euthanasia or shipping them off to a deserted island.
Old 30 October 2005, 04:45 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

A few points to the above replies.

If it was raining - no fingerprints would be found. Also if the car is parked in a public place CPS won't run it because his defence would be that he may have fell into it and touched it by accident.

I don't know why there were so many units going to the speed camera fire. It will depend on what was phoned in, were there suspects on scene, was the fire seen as a danger to traffic etc

ASBO's do work. The amount of conditions placed on a person will mean that they will be breaching something and can get locked up. The problem will be the courts who will send them back out.
Old 30 October 2005, 05:12 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

A few points to the above replies.

If it was raining - no fingerprints would be found. Also if the car is parked in a public place CPS won't run it because his defence would be that he may have fell into it and touched it by accident.

I don't know why there were so many units going to the speed camera fire. It will depend on what was phoned in, were there suspects on scene, was the fire seen as a danger to traffic etc

ASBO's do work. The amount of conditions placed on a person will mean that they will be breaching something and can get locked up. The problem will be the courts who will send them back out.
Re raining - did not know that about rain and fingerprints but thinking about it it is common sense.

Re the response to the camera - it appears to me that it is a priority!

Re ASBOs - well they don't work because as you say the courts let them out so how can you say they work. The point is that they are out again and should not be. The law is an *** and it is being ruined by the pc brigade, daft/out of touch judges, career politicians, etc and exploited by the uberclass.

Felix as i said it is not the police i have an issue with.

Last edited by The Zohan; 31 October 2005 at 09:35 AM.