Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How Stupid Are Some People?

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2005, 10:14 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs down How Stupid Are Some People?

Coming in the Roman Road this morning 08.35. It's wet, the traffic is heavy & slow & it is rush hour + kids going to school.

Bloke on a BM trailee comes up the traffic on the outside, I see him & I pull over and adjust my speed in order to make it clear & safe for him to pull back in lane before the pedestrian crossing which has a central reservation.

I now know why it has 'cos this idiot went over it the other side of the bollard Good job no pedestrians were coming over The central reservation is needed for idiots like this.

Anyhow, he stops just after in the middle of the road. The traffic on my side has backed up a bit as a bus was stopped 100m up loading/unloading. The next 100m has a long central reservation in it + another pedestrian crossing in the middle. This is obviously as this is a busy road and there are shops and housing estates either side - stops overtaking and stops pedestrians running across the road.

Idiot could have easily driven to the head of the traffic on my side, safely & on the proper side of the road. Instead the reason he had stopped in the middle of the road was that he was waiting for oncoming car to go past him before gunning it down the WRONG SIDE OF THIS 100M CENTRAL RESERVATION

I remember thinking what a pillock when all of a sudden a silver golf comes out from in front of the bus, turning right towards me. He sees the bike about 5 m from him, heading straight for his bonnet and goes wide, the bike hits the brakes, I see the front wheel lock up but he has the sense (lol ) to release by which time there is enough of a space for him to pass between the bus & the golf.

It certainly made my heart lurch seeing it happen - I just hope that he pi44ed himself & that his pillion (yes 2 up ) tore him a new a-hole.

I've seen some silly things but that takes the biscuit.
Old 13 October 2005, 10:24 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More likely he'll be boasting of how his amazing riding skills got them out of trouble, when a 'lesser' rider would have crashed.

Old 13 October 2005, 11:12 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Oh, but Puff, you just don't understand mate. It's any biker's RIGHT to pass standing traffic in any way he chooses, and b*gger the consequences. Why should HE wait? HE'S riding a motorcycle. HE's better/braver/richer/more intelligent/a better driver * than us.

* delete those that do not apply, (not more than two)

Alcazar
Old 13 October 2005, 11:16 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
Oh, but Puff, you just don't understand mate. It's any biker's RIGHT to pass standing traffic in any way he chooses, and b*gger the consequences. Why should HE wait? HE'S riding a motorcycle. HE's better/braver/richer/more intelligent/a better driver * than us.

* delete those that do not apply, (not more than two)

Alcazar

Oh, but Alcazar, I'm a biker myself, infact the worst type, a london courier so I know all about that stuff This is not anti-bike.

The point here is that this guy is stupid of the largest order and should not be allowed on the road as he is a serious danger to other road users.
Old 13 October 2005, 12:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being a recent ex biker I agree with PTMW. We have got a few like that down here and every so often one bites the dust-permanently.

Trouble is, it is a bit hard if he takes someone with him!

Les