Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Unteachables - an opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2005, 09:46 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Unteachables - an opinion

I believe that children who behave the way some of the kids on this programme do, shouldn't be treated to special schooling and opportunities they don't deserve. Instead, I feel that they would be better off being used as an energy source to heat retirement homes and hospitals in the winter...
Old 11 October 2005, 09:50 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Hmmm.... that's similar thinking to the Rio de Janeiro Death Squad solution to the problem of Street Kids. A problem created by Adults in a similar way.
Old 11 October 2005, 09:51 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Ho............you should see the amount spent by our LEA in a TINY authority on sending those sorts of kids to different schools, some HUNDREDS of miles from here and ALL TRANSPORT PAID!!

Get chucked out of one school, the authority PAY for transport to another, sometimes a TAXI
Disgusting

Alcazar
Old 11 October 2005, 10:29 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, because it would be cheaper keeping them in prison after they resorted to a life of crime instead.

No wait, it wouldn't - actually it would cost at least twice as much.

So your solution to is to abandon any problem that seems difficult? Does the same apply to, say, the disabled? They're expensive to teach as well. Or are you going to say it's these kids' own fault they are badly behaved?

M
Old 11 October 2005, 10:50 PM
amazinggrace
Super Muppet

Location: Little Green Men, come from Mars, look they've stolen all my bra'''''s'''''!'''''''

I could read and write (basic stuff) when I started school at 5. I remember always being jealous of the kids that got "special help" they read the easy books and got to do fun things one to one with "special helpers"
We would walk past the "special school" on our way to school and see kids being dropped off by taxi. We would look in at the swings, see-saws and slides, the hopscotch squares painted on the soft playing surface and then we would get to our school with its bare tarmac yard, not even a bench to sit on. We would cram into our class room (40+ pupils to one class) and share books from the 1960's!
We wanted to be "special" too
Old 12 October 2005, 12:20 AM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

I knew someone who did a taxi run for kids like this, he did 5 days a week, took the kid and helper to school and back, made something silly like 30k a year just doing that.
Old 12 October 2005, 12:29 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Bring back the cane.

Les
Old 12 October 2005, 08:26 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
it's these kids' own fault they are badly behaved?
I agree with you 100% on this.
Old 12 October 2005, 08:30 AM
Reality
BANNED

The solution to these problems is to neuter anyone leaving school;

a) with no o levels (or whatever they're called now)
b) Before they reach the age of 16
c) with a drink / drug problem

Would take a generation but would sort it
Old 12 October 2005, 08:55 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
The solution to these problems is to neuter anyone leaving school;

a) with no o levels (or whatever they're called now)
b) Before they reach the age of 16
c) with a drink / drug problem

Would take a generation but would sort it
Probably the best solution to be honest, but can you imagine what the leftie lettice munching idiots would say to that !
If I was PM I probably would be thinking along these very lines !

Richard
Old 12 October 2005, 11:18 AM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rsarjantson
Probably the best solution to be honest, but can you imagine what the leftie lettice munching idiots would say to that !
If I was PM I probably would be thinking along these very lines !

Richard
If you thought along those lines you probably wouldn't be PM ... ore likely just be sat behind some keyboard somewhere ranting on a web forum ..
Old 12 October 2005, 11:34 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Yes you are correct probably wouldn't get voted in to be PM !
Honestly believe that the majority of parents are to blame for their badly behaved childen, I realise there are some genuine cases where children with difficulties / learning difficulties can only release tension / frustration through aggression etc and these need and deserved to be treated differently.
Yet I still feel that most "special case" children are no more special than other but have parent/s that spend time with them and have instilled some basic disapline into them.

Forgot to add that at the rate that this country is going, one or possibly more of the solutions mentioned above may well have to be considered !
Richard

Last edited by richs2891; 12 October 2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12 October 2005, 11:42 AM
King RA
BANNED

Sweden, many years ago actually had a policy to stop the stupid reproducing. Thousands were forcibly made sterile so only the 'normal' could procreate.
Old 12 October 2005, 11:53 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Didn't China in the 70's or 80's have a two children limit per family ?
Richard
Old 12 October 2005, 01:02 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Unfortunately, the problems kids are having now are a direct result of left-wing activists gaining control of our schools in the seventies, they spent,and still spend, so long teaching kids about their rights, they have no time left to teach them about their responsibilities

Originally Posted by hutton d
I'm with you on this one! I'm 100% certain that my son (now 16 months) will NOT end up like those *******. He will be able to read rite and do rithmetic by the time he goes to secondary school. In fact well before that!

Dave
Unfortunately Dave, if he can do all that before he reaches school and goes to a typical comprehensive, he will soon get branded 'difficult' by all the teachers because he will be getting bored and restless whilst the teachers are forced to concentrate on the poor kids whose parents don't give a toss Trust me, monitor your kid's progress AT ALL TIMES
Old 12 October 2005, 02:53 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
Unfortunately, the problems kids are having now are a direct result of left-wing activists gaining control of our schools in the seventies, they spent,and still spend, so long teaching kids about their rights, they have no time left to teach them about their responsibilities

Unfortunately Dave, if he can do all that before he reaches school and goes to a typical comprehensive, he will soon get branded 'difficult' by all the teachers because he will be getting bored and restless whilst the teachers are forced to concentrate on the poor kids whose parents don't give a toss Trust me, monitor your kid's progress AT ALL TIMES
I'd go so far as to say he'll be bored BEFORE he even gets to comp. You're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't

Alcazar
Old 12 October 2005, 03:02 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by rsarjantson
Didn't China in the 70's or 80's have a two children limit per family ?
Richard
Yes but only cause its over populated not because of them growing up to be little sh!!ts, think its something along the lines of you have to earn x amount per year to have a kid etc.... you dont get any benefits if you have more than 2 kids....
Old 12 October 2005, 03:40 PM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

Blimey I'm amazed that everyone on here was such a complete angel when they were at school.

Obviously "we" never disrupted classes, never got sent out of lessons, never played weak teachers up. never gave any lip to adults, class A students all of us.

Come off it, surely everyone recognises that not all people learn the same way, therefore a classroom environment is not going to work for all kids, this program just gave a very small insight into how different methods culd be used to motivate different individuals. I agree there were some real ******* in there but there were also others that weren't that bad. Zak for one.

Rgds
Neil

Last edited by Sport160; 12 October 2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 12 October 2005, 03:52 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport160
Obviously "we" never disrupted classes, never got sent out of lessons, never played weak teachers up. never gave any lip to adults, class A students all of us.
Funny you should say that...
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=462805
Old 12 October 2005, 04:11 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Sport160
Blimey I'm amazed that everyone on here was such a complete angel when they were at school.

Come off it, surely everyone recognises that not all people learn the same way, therefore a classroom environment is not going to work for all kids, this program just gave a very small insight into how different methods culd be used to motivate different individuals. I agree there were some real ******* in there but there were also others that weren't that bad. Zak for one.

Rgds
Neil
Yes but the real problem is the cost and the environment afforded the ******* who play up.

The message seems to be - play the **** and you'll get a better start in life than if you just buckle down and try harder.

Unteachables should be put down - save us a fortune in Taxes, police time, court time, disrupted class time for others etc etc etc.

Extreme but effective.

Ghengis
Old 12 October 2005, 05:06 PM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

I believe that children are our future,
teach them well and let them lead the way,
show them all the beauty they possess inside,
give them a sense of pride ....