Yet another ebay help request

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2005, 10:20 PM
Pistol_Pete
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another ebay help request

So many ebays topics in NSR these days we should just call it the ebay room

OK here is the question. Im dealing with a non paying bidder who purchased a mobile phone from me and then never completed checkout or returned any of my emails.

On checking I discover that they actually bid on ( and won ) another mobile phone at the same time as mine, so I presume my item was just a back up. I want to leave them negative feedback out of principle but I dont really want a tit for tat action and bad feedback left for me - Ive done nothing wrong.

I have a 100% high feedback rating and I dont want to lose it. My question is how can I leave them bad feedback ( deserved ) with out them doing the same to me ( undeserved )

Ive never had to leave bad feedback before and would appreciate any hints on how is the best way to do it.

Help please.
Old 24 September 2005, 10:52 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Sorry, I can't help you but what a tool the other guy is! If I accidentally ended up buying two items (in fact I have done that) I'd just relist the other one.

On one occasion I bought two Accumate battery chargers -- relisted the second one and came up with >£10 profit on it!

On another I had two "buy it now" windows open for Nintendo DS screen protectors and I accidentally "bought now" the wrong one. I e-mailed the guy and explained the problem -- told him if he wanted to put the purchase through I'd honour it, but I'd only end up relisting and he said no problem and cancelled, which was nice.

But just ignoring your e-mail is bang out of order, IMHO.
Old 24 September 2005, 11:29 PM
Smiler
Scooby Regular

Feedback is there for a reason. Yes you might well have 100% but one day you will lose it. So what if they return a negative on you. You can always leave a follow up comment stating the facts.

When leaving negative feedback just state the facts, along the lines of Why bid if you don't pay? NPB filed.

I have 100% fb, out of the feedback I have left for others 2.5 of it was negative, and 2% of it neutral.
Old 24 September 2005, 11:41 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by carl
On one occasion I bought two Accumate battery chargers -- relisted the second one and came up with >£10 profit on it!
Did you have the other seller send it direct to your buyer?
Old 24 September 2005, 11:58 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been told that if you respond to an negative feedback on your profile and put *any questions about this e-mail me on .....@......co.uk then e-mail ebay and ask them to remove your e-mail address, they have to remove the whole feedback including the negative.

I havent tried this. so cannot guarentee it works, but reading it, it makes sense that it would work.

James
Old 25 September 2005, 08:48 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Pete,i dont think there is a way of doing what you want.Whats the other guys feedback like,if its bad already then i wouldnt bother.
Old 25 September 2005, 08:53 AM
walkpau873
Scooby Regular

First of all you need to report it to e-bay through unpaid dispute, that will get your listng fees back. Sometimes its best to let sleeping dogs lye, if you relist the item you will sell it agin no problem.

Paul
Old 25 September 2005, 11:04 AM
Pistol_Pete
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the answers people.

Strange thing, this morning the buyer has marked the transaction as payment sent, two weeks to the day since the auction ended. So fingers crossed its not another delaying tactic.
Old 25 September 2005, 06:15 PM
Da Booga
Scooby Regular

You have 3 months to leave feedback from when the auction ended. So you could simply time it so you leave him negative feedback just as the 3 months is running out so he doesn't then have time to return the favour
Old 25 September 2005, 07:02 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TopBanana
Did you have the other seller send it direct to your buyer?
Unfortunately not
Old 08 October 2005, 11:05 PM
Pistol_Pete
Scooby Regular

OK an update. I gave it a week after payment was sent then registered a dispute and left the following feedback... ` TIMEWASTER -- Did not pay and does not respond to my emails` This was on 1st Oct.

Today ( 8th Oct ) she returned the negative feedback compliment with `waited weeks 4 email re paypal never he replied to me then leaves a neg`

This makes me so angry because I know she is telling fibs but what can you do, even though it has cost me my 100% record I would rather people know how bad she was.

Oh the item concerned was here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6429988719
Old 09 October 2005, 12:14 AM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pistol_Pete
OK an update. I gave it a week after payment was sent then registered a dispute and left the following feedback... ` TIMEWASTER -- Did not pay and does not respond to my emails` This was on 1st Oct.

Today ( 8th Oct ) she returned the negative feedback compliment with `waited weeks 4 email re paypal never he replied to me then leaves a neg`

This makes me so angry because I know she is telling fibs but what can you do, even though it has cost me my 100% record I would rather people know how bad she was.

Oh the item concerned was here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6429988719
I know wat ye mean. I bought a 6230i of a girl who said it was totally brand new. I paid top going rate. When it arrived it was clearly second hand. Found a photo on it from 3 months earlier so at least that old. When i left Neg feedback so replied accusing me of lying and tampering with it. It was £60 well over price to wat a 3 month old one was worth.
Old 09 October 2005, 02:46 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pistol_Pete

Exactly the same thing is happening to me now.I sold an item and the seller wont pay or respond.I've just registered a dispute.A few points.

1.The other person keeps asking me the same question re can he pay by paypal.How can you be sure he is receiving the messages?

2.Cant you contact ebay,who will have proof that you sent the emails and he received them and get them to remove the negative.If they investigated surely they could see its a lie?
Old 09 October 2005, 02:49 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Pete,i've had a look at your item.What if there is a problem with the ebay message centre and she never did receive your emails.How can you be 100% sure she did?

(i'm not doubting you btw,just asking the question.)
Old 09 October 2005, 06:02 PM
Pistol_Pete
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
Pete,i've had a look at your item.What if there is a problem with the ebay message centre and she never did receive your emails.How can you be 100% sure she did?

(i'm not doubting you btw,just asking the question.)
I ticked the box that said send a copy of the email to myself, also if you waiting to pay for a item would you do nothing for a whole month ?
Old 09 October 2005, 06:34 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Okay.

By the way,as soon as i sent a no-payment dispute to him he paid up through paypal.

Now he's paid is there any way he can retract it?