Speeding advice

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2005, 01:39 PM
sosidge
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speeding advice

Just looking for a bit of advice...

Trying to keep my lisence clean and have been caught doing about 85 on a motorway by a cop with a radar gun on a bridge. They obviously have photographic evidence as they got my plate and didn't stop me.

When I send it back in do they check the photo to make sure it's me driving or are they just developed and used if it goes to the court?

Does anyone know just how the photo is used?

Cheers.
Old 15 September 2005, 01:59 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

They send you an NIP (notice of intended prosecution), and ask who was driving.

At that point you can ask to see a copy of their evidence, (the photo), and either admit to it, or deny it was you, suggesting it was someone else. If you give them a name, they have to write to that person to ask them to affirm or deny it.

I'd suggeast a visit to www.pepipoo.co.uk

Alcazar
Old 15 September 2005, 02:06 PM
sosidge
Scooby Newbie

Cheers... I'll go have a look!

Both me and the missus were driving that day and for insurance purposes it's better that she gets the points rather than me. What I'm trying to find out is wether they check the photo with who has been put down as the driver on the NIP? Or do they not check the photo at this stage? is that just when they need to prove who was driving?
Old 15 September 2005, 02:18 PM
Scrappy9
Scooby Regular

They accept what you say on the form.

There have allegedly been cases where people (well students - sort of the same thing!!!!) have taken points for others speeding offences for say £100.
Thats if you believe whats written in some newspapers.
Old 15 September 2005, 02:56 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I'd be suprised if you were done at all. If your speedo said 85 you were probably closer to 80 and its not common for folk to be done at that kind of speed (having watched many of these traffic cop shows)...
If you get the nip then you will own up to it as you were speeding and you're not a fanny who would try and wiggle out of it (surely), but I doubt (and hope) anything will come of it to be honest...
P
Old 15 September 2005, 03:26 PM
scooby_99turbo
Scooby Regular

They dont check they take your word for it as long as the other party puts there hands up to it..I took 3 points for a company director who was very nice to give me 900 quid for the pleasure of signing a piece of paper to say yes gov i did it..

my advise find a poor student.

Originally Posted by sosidge
Just looking for a bit of advice...

Trying to keep my lisence clean and have been caught doing about 85 on a motorway by a cop with a radar gun on a bridge. They obviously have photographic evidence as they got my plate and didn't stop me.

When I send it back in do they check the photo to make sure it's me driving or are they just developed and used if it goes to the court?

Does anyone know just how the photo is used?

Cheers.
Old 15 September 2005, 04:06 PM
lucylastic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scrappy9
They accept what you say on the form.

Not quite, a friend of mine (male) completed the form saying it was his friend (female) driving, and gave her details - they wrote back to him and said he must be mistaken as the photo clearly showed a male driving....
Old 15 September 2005, 04:32 PM
kammy
Scooby Regular

/\ that bloke should have replied "How dare say that about my sister!Shes just big boned! "
Old 15 September 2005, 04:44 PM
delbert
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
I'd be suprised if you were done at all. If your speedo said 85 you were probably closer to 80 and its not common for folk to be done at that kind of speed (having watched many of these traffic cop shows)...
If you get the nip then you will own up to it as you were speeding and you're not a fanny who would try and wiggle out of it (surely), but I doubt (and hope) anything will come of it to be honest...
P
THEY ARE RUTHLESS WITH SPEEDING NOW-A-DAYS I WORK IN INSURANCE AND YOU GET DONE FOR DOING 1 MILE OVER THE LIMIT!!