Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

east belfast looks like beiruit

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2005, 09:03 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default east belfast looks like beiruit

coming into work this morning. no more than 5 mins walk from my house, complete devastation. a stolen digger has felled every road lamp for 1/2 mile, bus shelters and one garage now has no cash machine, it was just ripped out of the wall. good old belfast showing its true colours. the vast majority of people do not condone this even if it is supposed to be my own side
Old 12 September 2005, 09:10 AM
dmc1980
Scooby Regular

North Belfast is the same bigman, coming along the shore road this morning is a complete mess. Mount Vernon is destroyed, lorry burnt out on the road and the junction there at the bottom of the fortwilliam offslip is in bits, no lights, massive pot holes caused by cars burning, walls pulled down to be used for bircks etc.
Was past Cloughfern corners yesterday and that place is in bits, the Northern Bank etc has been smashed to bits and was told last night that the chinese etc was all on fire.
The police are too soft, they should just shoot a few of these wasters and spare us all this sh1te.
Old 12 September 2005, 09:20 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

i remarked in muppets last night that a 50 cal machine gun would do the job. just mop up the area afterwards. it would be a long time before the ******* would be out again.
Old 12 September 2005, 09:31 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought that attitude was what started the Troubles...
Old 12 September 2005, 09:33 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

If this happened in England we'd all be lager louts, football supporting animals

sounds like what went on last night was disgusting, How can people destroy their own city? its beyond me, really is.
Old 12 September 2005, 09:34 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always said that "live" rounds are the answer.

If you see one of your stone throwing buddies getting dropped like ****e, you're not going to stick around!

Absolute disgrace, and completly organised by the gangsters of good old Northern Ireland.

Shaun
Old 12 September 2005, 09:35 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

sorry to hear that.......
Old 12 September 2005, 09:35 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Has Paisley made any comment yet?
Old 12 September 2005, 09:48 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
I thought that attitude was what started the Troubles...

brendan its about time the PSNI were allowed "to beat the ****e out of first, ask questions later". 50 rounds, thats LIVE rounds that can kill, were fired at the police. the PSNI should be alloed to relatiate and take a few of these gansters out. bit of a fuss for a few months then brushed under the carpet as always.
Old 12 September 2005, 01:20 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I reckon they should put some sort of colouring/permanent dye in the water cannon - we used to use stuff in chemistry that turned your skin purple for weeks. I bet there would be a few less rioters if they thought they would spend the next 6 weeks looking like tinky-winky. Also the police should be allowed to retalite in kind - IE they can throw bricks/petrol bombs/fire live ammo as appropriate. As far as punishment goes after arrest, there isn't really any point putting these people in jail, as they run the place anyway. They should be kitted up in rangers strips and dropped off in the middle of short strand (this works for both sides)

BTW - does anyone know if the top end of Cregagh Road was quiet? I have to see a client there tonight and I don't want to get hi-jacked
Old 12 September 2005, 01:37 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the water canon idea

Police/Army did return fire - all of 7 rounds Hardly suppressing fire is it?

Its about time some people wound their necks in - this is all over a rerouting of a "march" by, what, 100m?

I reckon that ALL marches ought to be banned on every side.
Old 12 September 2005, 02:27 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

I'm coming over to Belfast Mon - Wed next week - will someone please post something to convince IM that I'll not get my head blown off while I'm there?

Real shame about the violence - I've spent quite a lot of time in the city this year and have been telling everyone how fab it is (Especially around by City Hall). Now a few nights of trouble and the whole of the mainland seems convinced that they'll be shot the moment they step off the plane.
Old 12 September 2005, 05:08 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

seems to be a similar reaction here in wokingham, theres been a double murder - 2kids. so thats been 3 or 4 in the last few months
Old 12 September 2005, 05:22 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Drunken Bungle *****]I'm coming over to Belfast Mon - Wed next week - will someone please post something to convince IM that I'll not get my head blown off while I'm there?

I wouldn't panic about it just yet. During the day is fine - the rioters don't drag themselves out of bed until after lunchtime. Just be alert and be careful.

I feel kinda sorry for the PSNI and military guys. They have had thirtysomething years of trying to defeat terrorist tactics using "common law". Everything is stacked in favour of the rioter and the forces of law and order have their hands tied. The experienced guys have been turfed out when the RUC closed down - and the newly recruited guys are there with no experience beyond their 12 week training course!!!

In my view the Police and Army are overly-bound by Section 2 of the European human rights convention.

The thing that really gets on my **** is the republicans are very good about playing the human rights card when police / army move in on them. The loyalists are going bonkers this week because of a parades commission determination (thats not the only reason off course - just the excuse to light the fuse). I wonder how many of my loyal bretheren walk along Workman Avenue in a normal week - would suspect you could count them all on one hand!!! Yet they claim this has curtailed thier human rights - what about the cops and soldiers - what about thier human rights??? Bricks, bottles, lumps of wood still hurt even though the riot shield takes most of the impact. Petrol bombs & blast bombs are nasty devices to be on the recieving end off too. Look what is happening - those who do get arrested are being charged with riotus assembly. If I were to drop a brick on someone on a building site and kill them I would be charged with manslaughter, if I killed the guy by throwing the brick at him I would be charged with murder. But if I throw the same object at police lines - I get charged with riotus assembly. Its madness.

Some years ago during the Drumcree fun and games - some chavvy slack jawed teenage ****wit ordered me out of my car because he wanted it to block a road. I told him to **** off and go hijack one of his own - i'd taken this one to block my area. This morning as a precaution I equipped my scooby with a very effective anti-hijack device. These are available for not a lot of pounds - its the Draper BFH!!!

BTW - I am neither a cop or a soldier - but like the rest of you I will be footing the bill from my taxes.

Take care out there,
TT
Old 12 September 2005, 05:26 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

im only worried when you go out the hotel in the evening in a slightly tipsy state & wonder the streets exploring the place then stop someone to ask them where such'n'such a place is
Old 12 September 2005, 05:36 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Its just depressing to watch. Especially as the guys on TV are particularly young. Which means they are just as bad as Terrorists who get brainwashed into flying Airliners into buildings.

Just when people hoped it was nearing an end...
Old 12 September 2005, 06:15 PM
Ken 275
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rr_ww
Its just depressing to watch. Especially as the guys on TV are particularly young. Which means they are just as bad as Terrorists who get brainwashed into flying Airliners into buildings.

Just when people hoped it was nearing an end...
I'll echo that last sentiment, the principality/country has so much to offer with its people (the non-trogs) and its landscapes.

Will it ever end?

K.
Old 12 September 2005, 09:31 PM
a1oku
Scooby Regular

i left there 30 years ago cause of the crap.thought it was getting better.silly old me.
Old 12 September 2005, 09:33 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

It'll all settle down in a couple of days - one the petrol shortage kicks in there will be no more petrol bombs
Old 12 September 2005, 09:48 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

great, here we go again eh. left crumlin today at 4.45pm, was in bangor about 6.30pm. just sat in stationary traffic leading onto A2 beside odyssey where the army had assembled.

this is just an excuse for bad behaviour and is being tolerated by the police.