Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cheeky B'stard!

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2005, 07:25 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Cheeky B'stard!

Pulled into Sainsbury's petrol station this afternoon for a fill up of super unleaded. The way the forecourt is set out is that only the pumping stations closest to the entrance carry super unleaded.

I roll up to one of these, which meant that the pump directly in front was empty, ready for any vehicle to move in and fill up (note - that pump did not carry super unleaded, very important to this story). I step out the car, unlock the tank, and noticed a private cab parked right behind me, with the driver giving me absolute daggers.

I stare right back, **** winds his window down and starts the verbal along the lines of what an inconsiderate sod I was for not moving up the pumps to let him get in. Sorry pal, you've got that wrong, this is the only pump in this line carrying s/u, hence me being parked at it.

**** gets even more arsey, tells me I'm wrong and that every pump carries s/u. By this time I was seriously wound up and I questioned both his ability to read as well as the validity of his parentage!

Well he races his car to the front, backs up aggresively and steps out. I'm ready to get in first and dock him one and what does he do? Well, blow me down, he'd actually read the pump signs, realised his error, walked back to me with me waiting to get in first (I was in no doubt that he was going to try to give me a kicking), puts his hand out and APOLOGISES! To say I was surprised is putting it mildly.

I accept it was 32 degrees C today but why didn't he get his facts right first before mouthing off in front of my kid? What's with people these days? Do we all need anger management or something?

Thought I'd share this with you. I shook his hand but I'm still pissed off at his attitude. ****.

WB
Old 31 August 2005, 07:32 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How on earth can you be p*ssed off. 90% of people wouldn't have appologised but he had the guts to admit he was wrong and out of line. I respect that even if I disagree with his inital handling of the situation.
Old 31 August 2005, 07:35 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Yep, got to give him his dues for appologising. Many wouldn't have.

John.
Old 31 August 2005, 07:38 PM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Kenny,

The problem with trying to describe a situ like this in words is that its quite difficult to get the actual aggression across. This guy wasn't just downright rude, he went way beyond that, full blown language, etc, all in front of my kid. He apologised, but to be honest, given the actual situ (remember, you weren't there, I was) I should have told him where to stick his apology.
Old 31 August 2005, 08:12 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Fair enough - he shouldn't have been aggressive and abusive in front of your kids!!
Old 31 August 2005, 09:12 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Taxi Drivers = Leather ****
Old 31 August 2005, 09:28 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

i love it when people prove other people wrong. Oh the embarressment he must of felt
Old 31 August 2005, 10:04 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I've had this a few times filling up at smaller Shell garages. Often i've found the first pump in a line of 2 or 3 is Optimax, the ones beyond it having just diesel or 95 unleaded so i have to stop at the first.

I've never had any outright aggression, but have been asked to "move your car up please" a few times by both staff and customers. They tend to get pissed off when i point at the only Optimax pump and shrug apologetically, like they think i'm doing it on purpose which I'm not.

Still, it's no worse than the bints who fill up ultra-slowly, rummage around in the car for their handbag, meander in to pay, stop to browse the magazines/flowers/BBQ charcoal etc, meander back out, get into the car, put seatbelt on, stow handbag, reset trip meter, check it's in neutral, put on glasses, adjust mirrors, check it's in neutral again, try to start it, remember immobiliser has armed, disarm immobiliser, check it's in neutral again, start engine, wash windscreen, drive off slowly, stop again to give way to a butterfly/ant/flower etc, drive off forecourt.

Aaaaaarrrrggghh - just move it!
Old 31 August 2005, 10:13 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

It's great having a n/a engine again, none of that malarky above, everywhere sells 95ron and my weekly fuel bill is £30 less.
Old 31 August 2005, 10:19 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

He he he he...

what I find worse is when people DO apologise - you've got no vent for all that righteous anger you've built up and you HAVE to be nice back!

I remember totally blowing my stack at this bloke one time - he was being totally inconsiderate (at a petrol station) and I just lost it... the old light the blue touch paper action on my part was to verbally describe his lack of consideration - which he heard and then the utter, utter sod realised his mistake and was instantly totally apologetic about the whole thing.

There I was ready to rend him limb from limb and the absolute, total, complete and utter, utter NICE GUY was apologising.

I actually growled and then burst out laughing at the whole situation and told him he was a complete git 'cos I had no justification left in getting angry at him.
Old 31 August 2005, 10:19 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Flippin Heck Shane, i know you do a shed load of miles... but 30 bucks CHEAPER?????????
Old 31 August 2005, 11:55 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by G00ner
It's great having a n/a engine again, none of that malarky above, everywhere sells 95ron and my weekly fuel bill is £30 less.

and you get everywhere....eventually
Old 01 September 2005, 08:03 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Not that many people are big enough to apologise when they realise their mistake.

Les
Old 01 September 2005, 08:05 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Actually Ron, my workshop in Pompey has closed and now I work in Poole, I'm averaging 15 miles a day now! so I'm over £130 a week better off.

I get everywhere.... just as fast as most Impreza's (245bhp)
Old 01 September 2005, 10:54 AM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Had a similar situation at Exeter airport yesterday when dropping off a friend. Sign at front says "Dropping off only". Bolshy security **** starts shouting at me to go and park in short stay carpark and make friend walk at least half mile in p!ssing rain.

He gives it the "can't you read the signs that say "No stopping". We told him that the signs didn't say that at all. He then looks at signs and turns them around! On side facing us it said "Dropping off only" and on reverse "No stopping".

"Well, someone must have turned them around then!" he offered.

Friend then demanded he apoligise both for his error and for his attitude. He slinked away with his tail between his legs looking very sorry for himself. He didn't hear my response of "Yes, I can read, thats why I'm not an airport parking attendant"