bad lads army

Search this Thread

Old 25 August 2005, 10:03 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default bad lads army

Cant help thinking if todays scumbags were stuck in a detention centre like this (instead of playstations,tv's,day trips,drugs) surely this would sort these scumbags out. Even the convicts on bad lads army admit that their stint on there has done more for them than prison ever has . surely nl should take note f the daily violence on our streets and sort these ******* out
Old 25 August 2005, 10:51 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Count not agree more, but it will never happen. To actually make it work, they would have to use tactics that are outlawed nowadays....
Old 26 August 2005, 09:47 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Last nights episode was good but I reckon that **** who backchatted the platoon commander and said he was a pompus **** should have been banged up in the guard room for 24 hours instead of being discharged, it worked for the other lad who called the PC a piece of ****.
Old 26 August 2005, 09:50 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Damn I missed it last night!

I think the series would work better if they were actually legally obliged to stay in it, like the Brat Camp series where the staff were made legal guardians!

If it was legally compulsory like community service then it would be better in my opinion because being discharged is bit of a cop out!
Old 26 August 2005, 09:52 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

It seems to be turning them a bit fruity IMO The bath scene was incredibly disturbing as was the flower arranging and cake making ... What next?

Nahh its a good show in terms of the changing in character of some of the lads - but they should revisit them 1 month after they've passed out as I wonder if you'd see 99% back to their old ways...
Old 26 August 2005, 10:05 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The people that make it work are the NCO's. They have to WANT to help out these lads.

I'm a strong believer in discipline that military experience can bring you, but it's not for everyone and you get some really bad apples in positions of power that could easily make life hell.

It certainly works on a small level and it's great fun to watch someone else getting a beasting
Old 26 August 2005, 10:09 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

I can't believe the change in some of their attitues over what is just under 3 weeks if I heard it right last night!

Sticking that guy in the bath, filling his mouth with toothpaste and then brushing it with the bl00dy great broom!
Old 26 August 2005, 10:12 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm

I think the series would work better if they were actually legally obliged to stay in it, like the Brat Camp series where the staff were made legal guardians!

If it was legally compulsory like community service then it would be better in my opinion because being discharged is bit of a cop out!
The joys of series link on SKY+
Still only half way through episode 2
Old 26 August 2005, 11:05 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Last nights episode was good but I reckon that **** who backchatted the platoon commander and said he was a pompus **** should have been banged up in the guard room for 24 hours instead of being discharged, it worked for the other lad who called the PC a piece of ****.
Oh he was a complete ****! I think the captain and Sgt Rae genuinely lost their rags with him, probably discharged him in case he met with some 'accident'. They seemed genuinely upset at his disrespect for fallen comrades and his attitude in general.

Very few bad lads are genuinely bad though, ths prog just proves it. Their upbringing and bad influence counts for a lot. Some of those guys have already seen the error of their ways.

Problem is how to get them to carry on, because once they get out, they go back to those same influences, and with their records, getting decent employment will be hard.

Geezer
Old 26 August 2005, 11:07 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Geezer
Oh he was a complete ****! I think the captain and Sgt Rae genuinely lost their rags with him, probably discharged him in case he met with some 'accident'. They seemed genuinely upset at his disrespect for fallen comrades and his attitude in general.

Very few bad lads are genuinely bad though, ths prog just proves it. Their upbringing and bad influence counts for a lot. Some of those guys have already seen the error of their ways.

Problem is how to get them to carry on, because once they get out, they go back to those same influences, and with their records, getting decent employment will be hard.

Geezer
Geezer I fully agree with you.

I lost my company commander in a helicopter crash in NI as well as a seargent, not mine fortunately but one of our own nevertheless.
Old 26 August 2005, 11:23 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

In my experience, the lads in his section would have probably given him a good kicking if he didn't start toeing the line.

As that Sgt said, once they're given responsibility and have to stand in front of everyone their bravado falls out their @rse
Old 26 August 2005, 11:28 AM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

best thing on TV at the mo
Old 26 August 2005, 12:08 PM
scoobyloopy
Scooby Regular

what's with 3 guys in the bath? NO NO
Old 26 August 2005, 12:45 PM
Scooby Roo
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by Wurzel

The best punishment for this toerag would have been to publically humiliate him as was done by the PC then put him back in rank....then see how long he lasts before getting the kicking he truly deserves.

I'm not for violence but with that show of direspect he really did need a shoeing good and proper. Problem is that he didn't change so yet anothe w@nker in the community [he did 6 months for GBH, that didn't teach him a lesson].

Roo
Old 26 August 2005, 07:10 PM
Billgtt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ray_li
best thing on TV at the mo
I agree. That provost sergeant is brilliant. His beastings have me in fits
Old 26 August 2005, 07:40 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Billgtt
Now there is a man who is good at his job and really enjoys what he's doing.

The provost sergeant has me cracking up every week.

Cheers
Lee
Old 26 August 2005, 07:44 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by logiclee
Now there is a man who is good at his job and really enjoys what he's doing.

The provost sergeant has me cracking up every week.

Cheers
Lee
love seeing these so called hard nuts nearly crying when he screams at them in their face, you can see that bottom lip going
Old 26 August 2005, 08:23 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ajm

It's repeated Sunday night on ITV2
Old 26 August 2005, 10:04 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Billgtt
Yeah, I was cracking up when he had the bucket on that lad's head & knocking on it with his cane.

John.
Old 27 August 2005, 12:27 AM
Billgtt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by john_s
Yeah, I was cracking up when he had the bucket on that lad's head & knocking on it with his cane.

John.

Yea that was a classic. And I liked what he said to him before that, and the way he said it: "This is nothing personal, but i'm going to give you a beasting". You could tell he was really looking forward to it
Old 27 August 2005, 09:28 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

They were not bad lads.... There just bullys.