Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

MAd Americans ;-0

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2005, 05:01 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAd Americans ;-0

i've just got back from another US trip doing 3000 miles around Arizona,Nevada and California, and I can safely say... there all barking...
The more times i go the more i think this... I took pics to show a few examples of what i mean...

I must have seen maybe 8-10 cars driving around like this... one with no bonnet another with the wing half torn off... completly illegal in the UK!
At least the same amount with wire hanging from bald tyres!

Here's another... this time in Vegas

Oh dear I appear to have some rei-bar percing my bumper! DOH!

Then we have one of the at least 20 people seen driving with something on there lap...!

guy just north of San Diego doing 80 with a dog dring the car, swerving about! i wonder why!

Next snapped this guy as he nearly ran into me on the pavment! had the camera at my side so just clicked the button, Jeezus on skates with a big religious sign! nutter!!!!!!!

i pushed him of the the pavment as he nearly hit me, and gave him a bit of yorkhire the started with "You stupid F*£$ wit!"

Anyhow had a great time, three weeks of travaling was a bit heavy, but the countryside is stunning... pity its full of americans... i'm sure they won't thank me for that! but the more i go there they more i think the UK is such a nice place... never used to think like that!

in three weeks 1 person said "please" to me when asking for money... found out he was a Pol,
Generaly there manners are non existant unless there's money involved and even then they don't say please!

I used to think the UK wasn't a nice place and we do have our problems but all in I don't think i'd swap and live in the states... I think i used to have a rosey picture of the US but as I've been around now, it mostly seem like a 3rd world country than the worlds richest nation!
The roads are ****e, seriously unsafe, compared to the UK... the same for pavements and curbs, don't even consider lighting and signs, there like the uk in the 50's and 60's...
Anything off the main street and you into the 3rd world kind of thing...
The whole tipping thing basicly turns everyone you meet into a begger! its a joke... WTF do i have to give someone a dollar or more most of the time for doing what the should anyhow!
The TV is so bad i sware i will never ever complain about the TV licence again! it really is pi$$ poor... chopping and changing from one thing to the next does you head in its just crap! A program starts and then litteraly after the intro around 20seconds its break time... then every 4 mins its adverts... what's really funny is ther'll be an advert and then the program will come back on just for the tittle at the end then there's another advert... complety fecking mad!

And and even sicker is news readers and presenters coming out with the "message from our sponsor" bollox... you know the little catch line that all American companies seem to have you know the sick slogans they read out! It makes you want to hurl when even news readers say them!

And the health system is totaly screwed! the missis scratched her eye whilst in Cisco, i called a Doc who promptly demanded $200 to look at her eye...! i told him to stick it and called a chemist who's exact words were "our health systems screwed" and told me to get some eye wash!

It started out as a bit of giggle at the mad US drivers but i digressed a bit... sorry guys and to all you US folks who arn't beggers, nore huge, fat, bad mannered, que jumpers... or have no idea about anything outside the US! Like the guy who thought Yorkshire was in Austalia, or the woman who asked my daughter if Scotland was close to England!

Ahh the green green grass of home!

Daz
OK so I pay 40% tax and petol is £4 a gallon...!
Old 23 August 2005, 05:04 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

And they complain about the number of pedestrian deaths every year.....WTF

Quality snapping though mate.
Old 23 August 2005, 05:12 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Cue mass whingeing session about how this country is going to the dogs/other countries are so much better than here/Oz and the US are the greatest places to live etc etc etc...

Oops, sorry wrong thread.
Old 23 August 2005, 05:23 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Dazza's-STi
Anyhow had a great time, three weeks of travaling was a bit heavy, but the countryside is stunning... pity its full of americans... i'm sure they won't thank me for that! but the more i go there they more i think the UK is such a nice place... never used to think like that!
Not to worry if they keep sticking their noses into other Countries business then in a few more years all the Americans will be elsewhere 'protecting democracy and promoting world peace in their role as World Police' and we can all go over there and have a good time without Americans.

And before anyone asks who would look after us - all the hundreds of thousands of immigrant workers who keep the US going working long hours for low wages while most 'real' Americans get fat.

Any one define a 'real' American

Den
Old 23 August 2005, 05:25 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

This country is going to the dogs, its just that the US is getting there faster
Old 23 August 2005, 05:37 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

What a whinger!

You went to two desert states and expect good roads and street lights! You're on holiday and you moan about the TV! You don't pay for healthcare and you expect a free Doctor! Someone provides good service on minimum wage and you won't give them 50p!
Old 23 August 2005, 05:43 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Ah the USA. The place we love to hate

Ok, so we have Tony Blair as Prime Minister, but look at who they have got running their country! If you look who support him you'll find it's mainly rednecks and those who believe everything CNN tells them.

I don't hate all americans, I have a fair few american friends, and have american relatives (even they agree the country has gone a bit mad!) and they are fine, alas it's the majority of them that I don't like.

As for healthcare, ah, well, surley travel insurance would have covered the situation? If not then it is a tad difficult, but you do have to remember that this is the norm in the US, that you have to pay for healthcare, it's not ideal, and is very strange when coming from the UK, but it's the way they do things.

I agree about the TV, it is a bit of a nightmare, even BBC America and BBC Canada have breaks, not good at all, it totally butchers Top Gear, you never get to see the guest star! As for other channels, some are ok some are not.

I recall watching what I thought was Deep Space nine, which then turned into the Terminator! seems that the DS9 thing was a trailer, and the film came back on without a title card. most odd when you first encounter it.

Oh, and they love their reality shows, be please you only get Big Brother, there is a whole shower of **** of shows worse than that.

Last edited by Markus; 23 August 2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 23 August 2005, 06:06 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

<nods> It's why I prefer Canada

....Not quite as mad.
Old 23 August 2005, 06:16 PM
scoobyloopy
Scooby Regular

try working for them
Old 23 August 2005, 06:22 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Them poles get everywhere, even America is plauged by them,can't be many left in Poland LOL.

Mac