Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cosmetic surgery

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2005, 09:59 AM
Bakerman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cosmetic surgery

Yo, a girl in the office is thinking about breast implants.
Anybody know anybody with any experience of this. How do you decide who to use etc etc.

She is looking at Transform/The Hospital Group as an all in one package rather than sorting it out herself. Only wants it done in the UK, will not consider going abroad.

Thanks for any help and no silly poncy comments please - everybody has the right to choose.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:21 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Good luck to her, there was a girl at my last office that had them done. She was dead proud of them, and rightly so!
You could hang your coat on her nips after they were done! and that was before we turned the air-con on
Old 19 August 2005, 11:09 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bakerman
Yo, a girl in the office is thinking about breast implants.
Anybody know anybody with any experience of this. How do you decide who to use etc etc.

She is looking at Transform/The Hospital Group as an all in one package rather than sorting it out herself. Only wants it done in the UK, will not consider going abroad.

Thanks for any help and no silly poncy comments please - everybody has the right to choose.

I would avoid Transform...lots of stories about about consultations lasting 5 mins with a nurse and poor followup treatment (basically its **** for chavs)

The best results and happiest patients seem to use Harley Medical group......prob looking at £4-4.5k instead of £3.5k at Transform.

If you have the funds and want celeb **** then Alex Karidis is your man.....charges big money but then you get to see him on Richard and Judy and shows like Hollywoods Hottest People.

http://forum.breasttalk.co.uk has an implant forum with some good advice from people who have had/are having the op.

T

Last edited by Tiggs; 19 August 2005 at 11:11 AM.
Old 19 August 2005, 11:27 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my mate had he ***** done about 2 years ago and had problems, when she contacted the clinic that done it she was told there was no guarantee on them and any problems were her responsibility. i cant remember who did it but i think it was one of the well known clinics.
its worth finding out about the aftercare and manafactures warranty on the product used for the surgery. my mate had to pay to have them removed and had to wait for a few months without ***** untill she was able to be re-operated on.

must say she looked horrible when the implants were removed, apparently when you have implants, your own breast tissue becomes less, so when they were taken out, they were 10 times worse than when she had it done, and the scar is mahoosive.
put me off having it done.................and its quite common to have problems, its not like 1 in a 100 get problems, but much more
Old 19 August 2005, 11:31 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
must say she looked horrible when the implants were removed, apparently when you have implants, your own breast tissue becomes less, so when they were taken out, they were 10 times worse than when she had it done, and the scar is mahoosive.
Sounds like you gave them a thorough inspection before and after tho

I think a lot of birds worry too much about how their **** look, they should realise that guys just arent fussy as long as they have access
Old 19 August 2005, 11:35 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

put me off having it done.................and its quite common to have problems, its not like 1 in a 100 get problems, but much more

no worse than many normal operations.......but after care is important hance avoid sunday magazine speacials!
Old 19 August 2005, 11:36 AM
type-r-stan
Scooby Regular

i wouldn't advise her to go to any of those places advertising in the back of magazines. i had a reduction operation and went to my local private hospital. they do these ops at bupa and bmi and actually cost a little less than 'transform' etc. because you don't get a taxi to pick you up and take you all the way to birmingham where the actual ops take place. i did a lot of research before i took the plunge and had quite a few appointments with my consultant before the big day which you also dont get with these people. also i felt better that i was in a hospital rather than a clinic incase of complications.
i went to the clementine churchill hospital in harrow and could not fault them. my consultant was rajiv grover who also does implants..

and it was the best thing i have done for myself ever - as they say more than a handful is a waste....
Old 19 August 2005, 11:37 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

lol, i did, felt very strange giving them a squeeze, even worse when they were gone

i have come to the conclusion that having boob implants replaced every 10 years or so(if they last that long) is going to be far worse than sticking with my own

i thought it would be nice to make them more perkier but i have another mate who's had hers for years and they have drooped the same as normal ***** but a lot quicker as the skin is not designed to carry that extra weight, and they look un-natural now
Old 19 August 2005, 11:41 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
no worse than many normal operations.......but after care is important hance avoid sunday magazine speacials!

i beg to differ there, because you have a foreign body inserted toy will always be at risk from rejection and infections and rupture. this can happen any time after surgery, even years
Old 19 August 2005, 11:43 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

lol, i did, felt very strange giving them a squeeze
Is it just me building up a mental picture of this?

"had a bit of a squeeze, then one thing let to another"...
Old 19 August 2005, 12:09 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

i will let your imagination run away with you
Old 19 August 2005, 01:17 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

I know nothing about the subject but my first port of call would be my GP.Ask them for guidance.
Old 19 August 2005, 07:23 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

i think it might be interesting to start a thread about bad experiences
Old 19 August 2005, 10:10 PM
MrsP1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

I kept offering for my mate to take some of mine but she went and got some about 2 years ago - she's really proud of them and she looks great!