Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tower/Space shot rides

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2005, 10:30 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tower/Space shot rides

In my reasonably limited experience of thrill rides (the usual, Alton Towers, Blackpool etc, none abroad) I always felt Nemesis was the old favourite, lovely ride that, smooth and exciting but Oblivion was the most scary, the first go on that was a revelation, I thought nothing could bother me but that prooved I could still be scared on a Roller Coaster.

Anyway, last week, I went on the Cliff Hanger tower ride at Flamingo land and nearly papped myself, it blasts you up to a fair height (not sure how high, the guide says 400 feet but that sounds a bit much) but its high enough and then you drop straight down and are then stopped, it then rises more slowly right to the top and gives you chance to look around over the Yorkshire countryside for a few seconds (feels like ages) and then it drops under gravity to be stopped again.

I have been waiting to go on one of these for ages but I have only been to Alton Towers and they cant really have one due to height restrictions, anyway it scared the crap out of me, you feel like you are really going to hit the floor, it makes your ***** tingle big style.

Had a look around tonight on the web and found this, I had heard of it before but not had a proper look, oh my god this looks utterly terrifying, going to have to get over there and give it a go, anyone tried it ?

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...3Doff%26sa%3DN
Old 19 August 2005, 11:04 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
In my reasonably limited experience of thrill rides (the usual, Alton Towers, Blackpool etc, none abroad) I always felt Nemesis was the old favourite, lovely ride that, smooth and exciting but Oblivion was the most scary, the first go on that was a revelation, I thought nothing could bother me but that prooved I could still be scared on a Roller Coaster.

Anyway, last week, I went on the Cliff Hanger tower ride at Flamingo land and nearly papped myself, it blasts you up to a fair height (not sure how high, the guide says 400 feet but that sounds a bit much) but its high enough and then you drop straight down and are then stopped, it then rises more slowly right to the top and gives you chance to look around over the Yorkshire countryside for a few seconds (feels like ages) and then it drops under gravity to be stopped again.

I have been waiting to go on one of these for ages but I have only been to Alton Towers and they cant really have one due to height restrictions, anyway it scared the crap out of me, you feel like you are really going to hit the floor, it makes your ***** tingle big style.

Had a look around tonight on the web and found this, I had heard of it before but not had a proper look, oh my god this looks utterly terrifying, going to have to get over there and give it a go, anyone tried it ?

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...3Doff%26sa%3DN

There's no fooking way you're gonna get me on that one. MADNESS