Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sky digibox..

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2005, 10:59 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sky digibox..

I picked up another digibox at the w-end as mine is getting a bit tempermental..

"it,ll never work" my son chimes in as i connected it up... my mate did it and he had loads of problems...

well it powered up, and worked.. all the free stuff was ok... all the subscription stuff was not ok we left the card in it came with!!).

so we put in our own card, and all our subscription channels were unlocked..

only thing we dont have is the interactive menu from the handset, it says the card needs upgrading.... (it is a new card though)

any ideas on how we can get it to upgrade??

or is it the the box needs a new download??

can any one enlighten me on the button press,s to start that

regs

Mart
Old 15 August 2005, 11:29 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Here

To check your software version, press 'Services', then highlight and select 'System Setup' and then 'System Details'. At the very bottom of the screen, you will see the EPG Software for your digibox. At present there are (unusually) two latest software versions and they are (July 2005):

Either: 3.2.11 or 3.3a.6

Both are perfectly OK . . . when a new digibox is switched on for the first time without an activated Viewing Card it will default to version 3.2.11.
When an activated card receives the software upgrade, it will change to 3.3a.6. If it doesn't, it's not a problem . . . it will upgrade in its own good time.

1. Unplug your digibox from the mains.
2. Verify that the red or green light has gone out
3. Hold your finger on the 'Back Up' button on the front panel of the digibox and re-connect to the mains.
4. Keep your finger on the 'Back Up' button and, after about 30 seconds, all four lights on the digibox will come on. When this happens, you can take your finger off the 'Back Up' button.
5. After 10 minutes or so, the four lights will go out and just the red 'in standby' light will be left on.
6. If your digibox needed it and was able to accept it, your software will have been updated. Enjoy.