Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nottingham

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2005, 10:33 AM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nottingham

hi , will be spending some time in Nottingham with the wife and kids next week, and was wondering if there were any theme parks /places of interest to visit?
just to break the holiday up a bit.

Cheers

Lee
Old 14 August 2005, 11:02 AM
Nick_Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you like Robin Hood? There's a R Hood themed vistor's centre in the city. Close by are the forests and there is a theme park called Gulliver's Kingdom near to Matlock which use to be fun.
Probably much more but these I what I can remember off the top of my head.
Cheers
Nick
Old 14 August 2005, 11:02 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

american adventure theme park
Old 14 August 2005, 11:21 AM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

Assiniation City if you listen to the news
Old 14 August 2005, 11:40 AM
Rally
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham during week, Leeds at Weekends and 5ive-o.org at night

Thanks for that DEEDEE, not really true unless you are moving in the circles that means you are a likely target for a bullet

If the wife, or the anyone for that matter likes shopping there is loads of that to do, "loose" the cards before the trip if you dont!

The 2 theme parks metioned are worth a visit, I have not been the the Robin Hood themed visitors centre in the city (on Maid Marian Way), it is similar concept to Yorvik in York, recreates to sights, sounds and smells of living in the Robin Hood era.

If you want to do some arty/historical things then theirs Nottingham Castle just around corner from the visitors centre described above, and the best type of history, an old pub, situated at the bottom of the hill below the castle in caves, apparently the olderst pub in UK.

I am not sure if there are still cave trips into the many sequences of caves under the city of Nottingham, I think a trip to the tourist information centre by Market Square / The Council House is a good starting place, really helpfull staff when I first moved here.

Not much further out on A60 is Newstead Abbey, nice gardens, historic house (dont know if house open for tours).

Also a dirve a little further south out of Nottinghamshire gets you to Twycross Zoo, and theirs the National Space Centre too.

Search google for tourist nottingham or similar and no doubt many more options will appear.