Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Argggh! Some people don't know how to drive!

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2005, 12:41 AM
Scooby-doo97
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Angry Argggh! Some people don't know how to drive!

On my way back home travelling at 30 (as I was in no rush) and the road being a 30 limit, some lunatic in his Mondeo races up to my rear bumper and ******* hits it! He reverses into a side road and races off in the other direction. I followed him until he made his way onto the motorway, at which point I thought - **** this!!!

I have reported it to the police as I have his reg no. What are people like?

Rear bumper has a slight crease in it and quite a few scuffs. Will T-Cut get rid of most of the marks?

Cheers,
Paul
Old 19 July 2005, 12:53 AM
zakk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unbelivable!! very sorry and annoyed on your behalf.....I really hope the cops come good. You MAY hve suffered INJURY, ie whiplash, so when he gets caught you can sue him for that, bump up his premiums (if he's insured, doubt it)..and get a couple of quid. In which case get to your local A & E asap. If you think this is far fetched...then dont do it. But revenge is best served cold, dont get mad get even.

Dont worry Im not a lawyer or one of those vultures that approaches you in the high street asking you if youve suffered accidents or injuries etc, to which i reply ' no but if you dont move you certainly will'
Old 19 July 2005, 10:27 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

A couple of years ago I was hit outside work by a guy who then scarpered, I turned round, gave pursuit, made a note of his reg & car make and called the police.

48 hours later two coppers came to my house to give me the guy's contact details for insurance purposes and to take my statement. 6 months later one of said coppers calls back to my house to let me know that I won't be called as a witness as the guy pleaded guilty to charges of driving without due care and attention, reckless driving and leaving the scene, 6 points & a £3k fine with the added bonus of hefty ins premiums for the rest of his natural

Just take this opportunity to say to the two coppers who came round in the marked transit, giving the neighbours summat to talk about and to the one who stopped by to let me know the result of the hearing
Old 19 July 2005, 10:31 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Sorry to know that mate.I have had it many a times but never got my car harmed like this in butt-chase.Hope police take it seriously and at least,warn the ******!
Old 19 July 2005, 11:27 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Brothers van was hit by some nobber when stationary, my brother had the guys phone number, name and registration. Bloke drove off after an arguement, brother went to police who said they had traced the chaps details but wouldn't give them out. They would contact him to prosecute for driving away from scene of accident etc. Never heard anything again despite several phone conversations and visits to the police

It's good to know that not all police are useless.
Old 19 July 2005, 11:30 AM
chris singleton
Scooby Regular

Sorry, forgot to say, I've had my car vandalised with a shopping trolley, wheely bin and brick throwing pikeys (seperate events) causing over £1,000's worth of damage so to the original poster I know how you feel buddy.

Hope the ****** gets caught and prosecuted.

Chris
Old 19 July 2005, 11:47 AM
DrunkenPikie
Scooby Regular

On the other side of the coin I once came back to find someone's shiny BMW parked on top of the old shed I used a station car. Unable to get out of the space easily I 'accidentally' rammed the **** out of it.

Damage to my old shed with the black plastic bumpers nil

Estimated cost of paintwork to BMW at least £500 not to mention cracking of bumpers.
Old 19 July 2005, 12:46 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

make sure that you log this as a report of dangerous driving with the police mate, that way they have to follow this up.
Old 19 July 2005, 07:59 PM
Scooby-doo97
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Police say the car must have been stolen as the reg no. doesn't match up with the car! Looks like I'll have to get the Scoob repaired at my own cost
Old 19 July 2005, 11:37 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DrunkenPikie
On the other side of the coin I once came back to find someone's shiny BMW parked on top of the old shed I used a station car. Unable to get out of the space easily I 'accidentally' rammed the **** out of it.

Damage to my old shed with the black plastic bumpers nil

Estimated cost of paintwork to BMW at least £500 not to mention cracking of bumpers.
I can't wait for the end of the school holidays.
Old 20 July 2005, 07:15 AM
DrunkenPikie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Miwurdz
I can't wait for the end of the school holidays.
BBS Cliche #432 sad tw@t asks if exams have ended early/schools broken up/holidays started.

At least think of something original you dullard.
Old 20 July 2005, 07:34 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that you have to fork out yourself mate.

Was told that if the other driver that hit you is uninsured, you can claim on your insurance, who will then claim from the " bureau of uninsured moterists" Threfore not affecting your bonus. I have not dealt with it in person so this may need confirming.

Personally i cant wait till (a fully insured) car rear ends me, about 15 MOH should do it, then i can have my nice STI lights and bumper i want Not to mention another couple of grand for the pains in my neck.

Cookie