Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

got shot at yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2005, 01:08 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got shot at yesterday

Playing a nice round of golf late last night at my club, just me and a friend. None else around. Anyway, standing on the 4th green, suddenly heard a what I would think is an air rifle fire something past my right ear, made a load cracking noise. We both ducked, looked round and theres this wierd looking bloke walking (croc dundee stylee)towards us carrying a rifle with a sight thingy on the top. Decided to not approach agressively but said 'I think I felt a shot go passed me'. He says nah mate, just shooting at the rabbits over there, with a sly grin, and carry on walking randomly shooting at the bushes...also he was carrying a couple of dead rabbits...

I've never played the 5th hole so quickly!! should I report this??

Ted
Old 15 July 2005, 01:09 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

For real?
Old 15 July 2005, 01:11 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I wondered where ajm had got to recently
Old 15 July 2005, 01:12 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Should have tee'd off on his head. "nah mate - was just trying to get the ball out of this bunker..."
Old 15 July 2005, 01:17 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Are you sure the shot went past you? If you are standing forward of the muzzle then the muzzle crack can be quite loud. The projectile itself makes different noise altogether.

Either way though, he shouldn't have been shooting when people were within range and in front of the barrel!

I'd speak to the golf course first and ask them if they have given anyone permission to shoot. If you don't get a satisfactory response from them, or if they say they have given no such permission then report it!

Speaking as someone who has had people threatening to call the police when I have been legitimately shooting I am naturally weary, but neither do I want another nutter out there giving us a bad name!
Old 15 July 2005, 01:17 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
I wondered where ajm had got to recently
Old 15 July 2005, 02:42 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
Are you sure the shot went past you? If you are standing forward of the muzzle then the muzzle crack can be quite loud. The projectile itself makes different noise altogether.

Either way though, he shouldn't have been shooting when people were within range and in front of the barrel!

I'd speak to the golf course first and ask them if they have given anyone permission to shoot. If you don't get a satisfactory response from them, or if they say they have given no such permission then report it!

Speaking as someone who has had people threatening to call the police when I have been legitimately shooting I am naturally weary, but neither do I want another nutter out there giving us a bad name!
thanks ajm. there was definitely a sort of air cracking wizzing sound that felt like it travelled from behind me and past my right side, not sure what the muzzle is etc, bit of a middle class urban boy me

I think I'll speak to the club. Is it legal to roam around shooting rabbits?
Old 15 July 2005, 03:45 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ted Maul
Is it legal to roam around shooting rabbits?
One of the lads that work for me flys birds of prey, he has to ask permission from the golf clubs if he wants to fly on their land.

Not sure about gun rules etc, but at the very minimum he would have had to had permission from the gc to be on their land.

You dont happen to have a rabbit head cover for your driver? :P