Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

UNMARKED POLICE BIKES??!!??

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2005, 12:38 PM
p1rob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UNMARKED POLICE BIKES??!!??

Out driving last night when two bikes flew up behind, thought it would be rude not have a play, I overtook a couple of cars and one of the bikes followed,

The bike in question a black Honda Blackbird, we continued to a duel carriageway where we both went for it, he was right behind me until we came to long sweeping fast corner, he slowed too XXXmph I pressed on and didnt see it again

then boasting to a friend/biker this morning and as soon as i mentioned Honda Blackbird he said POLICE SURVEILLANCE!!!!, the rider was all in black and had a clear visa, also he never actually passed me(or tried too)

So any-one know if police are actually using these bikes, and am I expecting a court summons????
Old 14 July 2005, 12:41 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Not sure about the un-marked police side of things but one thing is for sure, if it was a blackbird it wasn't playing with you, laughing maybe but not playing.

Gary
Old 14 July 2005, 01:02 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Yes, the police in certain forces do use blackbirds for pursuit, so be careful - generally completely standard bikes, rider in black or with yellow vest, white or single colour helmet, clear visor. As the other poster mentioned, you didnt outrun or beat him, he would have left you standing if he wanted to ;0)

Had he 'gone for it' on the DC, with a top speed pushing 190 he wouldnt even have been able to see you in his wing mirrors.
Old 14 July 2005, 01:04 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Always treat with caution any car or motorcycle, especially performance models and sometimes 4x4s, appearing to make faster "progress" than is the norm.
Doesn't mean, if Police vehicles, they are interested in Traffic affairs though.
Lots of other fish to fry.
Old 14 July 2005, 01:15 PM
p1rob
Scooby Newbie

It was a black bike, the rider was wearing black leathers and had a black helmet with the clear visor
Old 14 July 2005, 04:17 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Could still be the Police, but TBH if he was going to do you then he would have pulled you over there and then. He will have footage on tape of your driving, etc... and AFAIK it is very rare for the police to not have a chat with you at the time of the offence they have just witnessed.

So for the moment I would hazard a guess and say that it was just a normal biker out for a ride.
Old 14 July 2005, 04:55 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Several forces use unmarked bikes. We have unmarked ST1100s - in blue. Carry VASCAR and camera(s). North Yorks have a GSXR1300....
Old 14 July 2005, 05:21 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

North Yorks used to have a 'Busa too Don't know if they've still got it, but they do have an STi8 PPP. Funny, one of the poorest forces in the country, yet they have such exotic toys to play with, and £0.5m was spent last year on personal vehicles for senior officers
Old 14 July 2005, 05:30 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Yes, the police in certain forces do use blackbirds for pursuit, ..........
No police force use bikes for pursuit.
Old 14 July 2005, 07:35 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Didnt mean pursuit as in chasing scallies in stolen Novas through council estates, but they do use them on the motorways for keeping up with stolen cars - why else would they bother buying bikes capable of keeping up with most supercars ? - I know the police volvos they have are pretty quick, but their not going to keep up with a nicked Ferrari or similar that puts its foot down on the motorway.

Would have thought that in the OP's case, they would have pulled him though, unless it was an off duty copper just having some fun, or in a hurry to get back to the station for change of shift.

Last edited by MikeCardiff; 14 July 2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 14 July 2005, 07:46 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

police and unmarked bikes, very scary.

I guess they are easy to spot though as they don't ride like their **** is on fire

Middle lane job mate, no filtering and all that
Old 14 July 2005, 08:18 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Very often see them around the midlands mingling with the bikes at local meets.

Easy to spot as they stick to the speed limit and have several aerials on the back (ok so you can't see that if you're being followed)

I'm glad there is nothing more important going on in the UK than catching speeding bikers
Old 14 July 2005, 09:29 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

both Durham and Northumbria operate unmarked bikes.....................N'bris are pretty aggressive in 'pushing' peeps down the road and then stopping them for a "chat"!!

alyn
Old 14 July 2005, 11:06 PM
JPS3290
Scooby Regular

Yeah Durham have them. I live up in Weardale on the main route that bikers take up to Alston to get to Hartside pass (A686) and often spot them around. Most seem pretty laid back though, only seem to harrass the idiots doing suicidal overtaking or speeding through the village.
Old 14 July 2005, 11:41 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Maybe it was "Ghostrider", yet again if it was him you wouldnt have stood a chance!

Originally Posted by p1rob
It was a black bike, the rider was wearing black leathers and had a black helmet with the clear visor
Old 15 July 2005, 12:09 AM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Any unmarked police bikes i have seen have had panniers on them to hold the video gear etc. Did you notice?

I would have thought it highly likely that any police rider would have stopped you under the circumstances.
Old 15 July 2005, 12:10 AM
bluepolarbear
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p1rob
So any-one know if police are actually using these bikes, and am I expecting a court summons????
Burgendy one is used in Bromsgrove, seen it a number of times giving a driving a ticking off with the blue lights going.
Old 15 July 2005, 12:47 AM
ticky
Scooby Senior

There’s definitely 1 in the West midlands.
Plain white motorbike, This guy followed me from Four Oaks up until Tyburn Road Erdington one late evening (dark & raining) I was still waiting for my rear screen to clear up from mist but noticed this bike tailing me so I kept to the road speed limits. Wasn’t sure if he was police or just a normal biker, difficult to tell but there were no large police decals on the bike that I could see.
Once I reached Minworth Island/large roundabout off the A38 I got off the 3rd exit & he continued going around. I looked in the mirror & there was no sign of him. There is a short straight before reaching another but small island. I have past the small island now & on the long dual carriage way, so checked the mirror again, no sign of him. By this time other drivers started overtaking me on the long straight. so I picked up speed, check the rear mirror & noticed a single light coming up, so off the gas let the car slow down. By this time blue lights started flashing, eventually pulling me over.

Whilst getting a lecture on my driving/indicating skills I just looked at his bike & uniform. That was the only time I noticed the small police logo on his jacket & small logo on the side of the bike. I think this copper needed some re-training in his communication skills, his attitude stunk.
Apparently to him I was speeding on road x in Four Oaks, but then he follows me for over 6 to 8 miles before pullling me over. I suppose he was just hoping I do something more stupid so he could throw the book at me. I asked him if I was speeding why did you not pull me over there & then, instead of folllowing me for so long. All I got was his bad attitude & I was now late for work.
I ended up with 3 points & £60 fine.
Old 15 July 2005, 02:13 AM
rizzy
BANNED

why do police do sh#t like that?

They try and intimidate us to drive faster which is fooookin cheeky.we are the people in power,we should have a law against this harassment.

Infact all the scooby and evo and skyline and other top marques forums should get togther one day and have a little prOtest at number 10!!!

ON A SERIOUS NOTE.

Last edited by rizzy; 15 July 2005 at 02:16 AM.
Old 15 July 2005, 07:10 AM
rb5ban91r
Scooby Regular

forgive me but here i go yet again.....

if your speeding and there following they are speeding to ?

this is illegal as they have to have light and/or sirens on ?

speeding is speeding in any form or fashion no matter what ..... like i've said before i like chasing them.... i followed a volvo on m6 doing 85-90 mph that was marked as well.. kind of hopeed he would pull me over cos my mrs took a picture of my speed with date and time then him in front of me straight after ( camera phone ) bet that would of wiped the feckin smile of his face...

i did report a ( your going to love this ) cctv camera van and astravan once for racing down what i know as the E.P in telford i know they were speeding cos i followed them they must of been doing 90mph+. wasn't the fact of the speed just the bloody bare faced cheek that it was a cctv van... i mean jesus pot kettle and black come to mind

btw thats no admission that i was speeding i said i followed then the went off and left me
Old 15 July 2005, 08:43 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rb5ban91r
forgive me but here i go yet again.....

if your speeding and there following they are speeding to ?

good point maybe burglars should use this defence....."yes judge, i was caught inside the house i was stealing from....but the cop came in as well so he was guilty of trespassing"

what a fool
Old 15 July 2005, 08:55 AM
Tall Paul
Scooby Regular

We have unmarked bikers near Leicester. They ride different bikes and wear different clothing. The only way to spot them was that they always wore a reflective strip. This was the only giveaway!
Old 15 July 2005, 09:18 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Another way to check - go round a tight corner or big roundabout at speed, if they keep their knees in while leaning ( or an ex 1960s racer ), they're a copper - if they even stick it out a little bit, or go full on knee down, they're not.
Old 18 July 2005, 08:45 AM
p1rob
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Originally Posted by Scott W
Could still be the Police, but TBH if he was going to do you then he would have pulled you over there and then. He will have footage on tape of your driving, etc... and AFAIK it is very rare for the police to not have a chat with you at the time of the offence they have just witnessed.

So for the moment I would hazard a guess and say that it was just a normal biker out for a ride.
Yer thinking about it now, there's no way he would of let me continue, or i suspect there would of been a patrol car waiting for me at home to arrest me

so fingers crossed
Old 18 July 2005, 10:14 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
North Yorks used to have a 'Busa too
That'll be the GSXR1300 mentioned in the previous post then?

Originally Posted by billythekid
North Yorks have a GSXR1300....
Old 18 July 2005, 01:02 PM
STE.W.
Scooby Regular

Location: from the planet Omicron Persei 8. What is this emotion "Wuv" you puny Earthlings speak of ??

On one Saturday morning on my way to Darlington, I was watching a white semi sports type bike on the A171 Boro - Guis road. The guy on the bike had black leathers and clean white helmet. Across the front of the leathers was POLICE.

As it went past its was marked up in fluos and police on the side.

I went round the bypass thinking wow the police are using unmarked semi marked up Octavias and now bikes.

Next thing, Im watching a black or dark green "full on" sports bike coming towards me, the front light was shimmering with the speed he was going. As he caught a slow moving car in front of him he was up from under his wind shield thing right along side me.
**** me another one.

Black leathers with Police, white helmet etc and the bike was marked up in fluo greens and oranges all down the sides.
This was a proppa R1 type of bike and he was really shifting on. If he never popped up under braking, I / you would have never know.

They must be using them ont moors to trap bikers etc so they can keep up if they decide to keep going.

Makes me think now every time a bike shimmers up in my rear view mirror.

These were in Cleveland if your wondering where I'm on about. (Stones throw from the N.Y. moors.)

Ste
Old 18 July 2005, 01:34 PM
Ken 275
Scooby Regular

There have been a few here in Strathclyde for some time now. They are dark blue in colour and are Honda Fireblades I believe. The riders dress in all-black leathers - can't remember the helmet colour though.

They usually patrol in pairs and WILL pull you over for speeding violations, then radio for a car to deliver you to the nick if required. I have this on very credible authority.

K.
Old 19 July 2005, 04:09 AM
Musicman
Scooby Newbie

Angry

Got 3 points and £50 fine from an unmarked police bike. loveley bright sunny day, not a car on the road apart from me for at least 1/2 mile. A41 between tring and Berkhamsted, all black bike and leathers, white helmet, big side panniers. Little blue LED thing popped out of saddle when he overtook me. He raced me, teased me, bullied me, then did me, **** hole. Beware the brand new "courrier hacks". Courriers never have brand new bikes. What self respecing biker has big lugeage compartments on his 1000cc sports bike (didn't note make or model, too shocked.)
Old 19 July 2005, 08:51 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I'm sure there must be an argument that the Police cant get away with doing this ? fair enough if you were ALREADY speeding, and they followed you ( in which case its pretty much a fair cop, same as if you got done by a camera, marked car or radar gun ) - BUT, if you werent, and they goaded you into breaking the law by their actions, isnt this the same as entrapment ?

Maybe the thing to do is ease off when you see a bike coming up behind you fast - if its someone not interested in racing, they'll overtake and dissapear, if it is a racer, they'd pull up alongside, giving you a chance to look for panniers, aeriels, race can, funny shaped helmet etc... - if all they do is hang on your rear bumper, stick rigidly to the speed limit and wait for them to get bored.
Old 17 February 2006, 12:12 AM
scoobykris
Scooby Newbie

Leicestershire have just taken delivery of 6 Honda blades 06 in red and black for un-marked use and 4 blackbirds! =(

Quick Reply: UNMARKED POLICE BIKES??!!??