Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

DHL/parcels2go being a pain..any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2005, 02:55 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry DHL/parcels2go being a pain..any advice?

Right in brief:

Bought a classic roland synth on ebay a few weeks ago. Paid for it and also for shipping via parcels2go/DHL.

When it arrived, I put on the form 'Not checked' as I always do .

Opened up the (big) box, and there was a synth inside, unfortunately now in several bits.
Its been smashed, dropped whatever, and hard enough to crack 1cm thick plastic and break a circuit board.

Seller made a claim, but now DHL are refusing compensation - contesting 'the packaging was inadequate', despite them not seeing pictures of, or inspecting the packaging ( I still have it).
Having sent and recieved several similar things in similar packaging, its a load of horse crap - packaging was more than adequate.

Any ideas or legal advice? Not being left out of pocket again by another incompetent delivery service!
Old 13 July 2005, 03:08 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Freak
Right in brief:

Bought a classic roland synth on ebay a few weeks ago. Paid for it and also for shipping via parcels2go/DHL.

When it arrived, I put on the form 'Not checked' as I always do .

Opened up the (big) box, and there was a synth inside, unfortunately now in several bits.
Its been smashed, dropped whatever, and hard enough to crack 1cm thick plastic and break a circuit board.

Seller made a claim, but now DHL are refusing compensation - contesting 'the packaging was inadequate', despite them not seeing pictures of, or inspecting the packaging ( I still have it).
Having sent and recieved several similar things in similar packaging, its a load of horse crap - packaging was more than adequate.

Any ideas or legal advice? Not being left out of pocket again by another incompetent delivery service!
Small claims court? I'd contest that if the packaging was 'inadequate', WTF did they take on the contract?
Old 13 July 2005, 04:24 PM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Freak]Right in brief:

had similar and other issues with this lot.. in summary if you send something that isnt standard size they take it and you pay the surcharge and even though you have paid for a 24 hr service it takes them a week to deliver. In the meantime it takes hours to get through to their call centre and then their staff (if you can call them that!!!), sound like they just cant be *****. They mgiht be cheap but i still reckon parcelforce are better, i have had issues with broken items with this lot but at least they take this seriously and then compensate accordingly.
I will neve use dhl again.
J
Old 13 July 2005, 11:04 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

they are possibly the worst company out there.

Despite me leaving instructions where to collect the parcel they did not, after 2 attempts they informed me I had to drive it to the depot 50 miles away! The they informed me couldn't take the parcel anyway, again despite me telling them the contents before collecting. They agreed a refund but it took weeks and thy wanted to credit the account???? I pointed out the things I sell they couldn't deliver so what good would a credit be????

Useless.