Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Very sad day in the sinky household.

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2005, 07:43 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very sad day in the sinky household.

I had to have one of my dogs put to sleep today absolutely devastated that i will not see her wee face again. M+D just back from the vets and she didn't respond to treatment. vet thinks it was liver failure due to a big tumour. she was bouncing about with the other dogs on sunday and now on wednesday i am diging a hole in our garden to bury her. i still can't believe it, it all happened so fast. gurning my lamps out as i type this, it just goes to show you how tenuous life is at the best of times. the loss is painful, so why we let ourselves become so attached to our dogs only to see them die. we do this maybe 4 or 5 times in our lifetime and yet now that i am older i feel the sadness more accutely. i'm rambling now so i will say no more.
Old 06 July 2005, 07:46 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear of your loss m8, thoughts are with you
Old 06 July 2005, 07:49 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Cannot think of anything to say to help you

But as Ollyk put it, my thoughts are with you. I really wish I could come out with something poignant like "sadness can only be felt after the joys of life...." Hopefully somebody will be able to put it better
Old 06 July 2005, 07:56 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

so sad
Old 06 July 2005, 08:25 PM
Notorious
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that m8.....just remember that "All Dogs go to heaven" !
Old 06 July 2005, 08:31 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate.
From a fellow doggie person.
Old 06 July 2005, 08:33 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

Sad news.

Hope you have lots of happy memories to look back on.
Old 06 July 2005, 08:49 PM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

gutted m8
i love my dogs
really sorry to hear this
my thought are with you
Old 06 July 2005, 11:03 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that mate These animals become like our family and when we have to part with them,it really hurts
Old 06 July 2005, 11:38 PM
lubo
Scooby Regular

living with them is easy, saying goodbye is painful. "every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one.
Old 06 July 2005, 11:39 PM
eldudereno
Scooby Regular

don't worry, she'll be waiting for you when it's your turn...

i've often thought the same thing though, is it really worth having pets because losing them can be so painful...just try to remember all of the good times you had with them and that you were in a position to give them a lovely home

Old 07 July 2005, 12:05 AM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

So sorry to hear that, it come's to us all in the end, i've got three of my own, and every now and then i think, they won't be here one day, the only thing i can offer is that in time you'll be able to look back and remember all the great time's you had together, i hope the pain ease's soon, and you may be able to think about offering a home to another.
Old 07 July 2005, 01:37 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

bigsinky,
So sorry for your loss mate, we lost our beautiful white boxer Holly in Dec 2003 and it still hurts today mate, hang on to the good times that the dog gave you, it hurts big time, I bawled my eyes out like a baby when Holly died, and I miss her so much still.
Cheers
Colin
Old 07 July 2005, 08:55 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

I posted this on another BBS, but it is equally appropriate here.

Can't say anything that will help, but those of us who have and love dogs will all understand what you are going through.

I don't really believe in any particular God, but I do believe he's going to an even better place
quote: There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colours. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass. When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm Spring weather. The old frail animals are young again. They play all day with each other. There is only one thing missing, they are not with their special person who loved them so much on Earth.
Each day they all run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears rise up! The eyes are staring! Then suddenly, this one runs from the group! You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her into your arms and you both embrace. Your face is licked again and again and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separate

author unknown

I'm a tough ******* when it comes to people, but animals are different.
Old 07 July 2005, 09:04 AM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diablo
I posted this on another BBS, but it is equally appropriate here.

Can't say anything that will help, but those of us who have and love dogs will all understand what you are going through.

I don't really believe in any particular God, but I do believe he's going to an even better place

quote: There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colours. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, and valleys with lush green grass. When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food and water and warm Spring weather. The old frail animals are young again. They play all day with each other. There is only one thing missing, they are not with their special person who loved them so much on Earth.

Each day they all run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up! The nose twitches! The ears rise up! The eyes are staring! Then suddenly, this one runs from the group! You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her into your arms and you both embrace. Your face is licked again and again and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separate

author unknown

I'm a tough ******* when it comes to people, but animals are different.

Really feel for you Sinky, I have been through this so many times now and I know the overwhelming feeling of sadness from the loss of a pet.

I saved that D from where you posted it elsewhere last year and I think it is so poignant...
Old 07 July 2005, 09:05 AM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Been there, done that in December last year.

Very sorry for you.
Old 07 July 2005, 09:06 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Very sorry to hear this. Lost my darling Golden a couple of months back before her time so I know it's rough. I think it's because you are their whole world and they are so dependent on you. Sitting in a pub recently and I felt a nuzzle - a Golden had wandered over to say hello - brought it all back! Keep the old chin up. dl
Old 07 July 2005, 09:11 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

I posted a similar thread recently about our family dog who has cancer. she is still with us after having treatment but each time I see her now I know she may not have long left. Dogs become such a part of your life that you take them for granted in a way.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs are such awesome animals.
Old 07 July 2005, 09:14 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I feel for you bigsinky, we had to have my old Staffy put down when he suffered a brain haemorrhage so I know how deeply upsetting it is. But, like they say, time is a great healer and whilst you never forget them the grief does lessen after a while. One of the things that upset me most was seeing my other Staffy looking for him after he'd gone. I think that one of the worst things is that we can't communicate with our dogs to tell them what's happening.
Old 07 July 2005, 09:16 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by eldudereno
don't worry, she'll be waiting for you when it's your turn...

just try to remember all of the good times you had with them and that you were in a position to give them a lovely home

Sorry mate, been there done that and its not nice but this post is worthy of reading again hence the quote, thats what you need to concentrate on... Just think that theyve had a good life.
Old 07 July 2005, 01:54 PM
*Jen*
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that Remember the fun times, always the best thing.

My dog lives with my parents in Kent (I'm in Hampshire - I work so she's best with my Mum) and she's ill at the moment, 13 years old and a large dog who's always suffered from epilepsy so we'll have to wait and see. I'm just greatful that I have the Scoob so I can get there within the hour if necessary (as long as she's not suffering). I only hope I have the nerve to do the best by her as you did, the hardest yet the best thing to do in some cases

Keep smilin' , just think - maybe in the future there's now a loving home now awaiting another unloved pup.