Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Video hip hop crap

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2005, 07:30 AM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Video hip hop crap

Now where is music going or indeed our culture heading?
Everywhere on TV we get licentious black men dressed in ridiculous ill fitting basketball apparel ,gold necklaces and baseball caps, gyrating with white girls.
Give us a break!
Old 18 June 2005, 07:35 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if i want to comment or not to this.
Old 18 June 2005, 11:14 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

musics going down the ****ter. Some ****e has totally ruined Foxey Lady by Hendrix with their ****ty hip hop rap bollox
Old 18 June 2005, 11:20 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by RobJenks
Now where is music going or indeed our culture heading?
Everywhere on TV we get licentious black men dressed in ridiculous ill fitting basketball apparel ,gold necklaces and baseball caps, gyrating with white girls.
Give us a break!
It's called 'getting old'.

I imagine people were saying 'look at all these stupid, hairy white men in flares singing about disco dancing in the late 1970s' or 'look at all those silly white men with spikey, coloured hair spitting and singing about having no future/cash/respect'

These things pass.

Chill and switch over the VH1
Old 18 June 2005, 11:45 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Well i wasnt going to be the first so here i am back

I agree, it was only two or three days ago, i was driving with my 5 year old in the car. All of a sudden he burst out laughing his head off. When i finally calmed him down and asked what the problem is, he told me to listen to the song that was on my c.d.

The lyrics where something like this

"and you had a boyfriend who looked like a girlfriend"

Know the one? Not offensive in the slightest. but....

Well that gets me a thinking that when the radio is on, i dont really listen to the words but kids DO, now Kiss100 is a popular station in my car, That often plays "music" by the kind of "artist" mentioned in the first post.

Openly, in my eyes, boasting about guns, drugs, fighting, killing, prostitution, to name but a few. Now im 25 years old so im no old prude. But its just Not on.

It must be stopped.
Old 18 June 2005, 11:53 AM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

i grew up listening to ELO, Who and the Beatles. Studying mech eng. Freind who was brought up on Queen and Beatles is also doing pretty well. Seems all the people i know who were into the gangsta stuff are all chavs now or have no jobs. Dont know why, its strange but true.
Maybe if listening to lyrics mainly, when younger, they find it more normal than me to take drugs and **** randomly.
Old 18 June 2005, 11:56 AM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

True, but you have to admit, Snoop D-O-dubble G makes some cracking tunes...

and WTF is this all about, it's complete gibberish

Ain't nuthin like pimpin just let it roll
Mother ****ing **** god damn *******
Ain't nuthin like pimpin just don't quit
Mother **** you damn ****head bitch

My diamonds and the Lex say it's time to flow
Wonder how I got rich, they say I rhyme too slow, so
I'm from the "O" I for what I know
And like I told your *** before you can **** my hoe
I ride nuthin but vogues, ain't hittin no switches
Top down in my Caddy just me and my bitches
With a Ziplock bag full of green weed
I roll it all up cuz I'm a fiend in need
Of some dank smoke all up in my chest
Dangerous Crew got the bomb, we don't smoke that stress
Cuz we getting funky on album 9
I smoked a few joints bitch now I'm fine
Studio's in a cloud
Smelling kind of loud
Nuthin like pimpin
****** **** Bill Clinton
Make me the mother ****ing president
I'll make the White House a hoe house and all the pimps, To just
Set up shops like they do in Vegas
Legalize pimpin for all the playa's
Puttin fine *** bitches in the streets and the hood
Every year a ****** trade for a new Fleetwood
You know I'm rollin, I can't be faking
I come through and all your hoes I'm taking
You know I'm rolling, don't do no simpin
I'm an Oaktown playa ain't nuthin like pimpin
Ain't nuthin like the pimp game you should know
Never love a bitch or a hoe
You fell in love with her though trying to get in them pants
And the next thing ya know your baby momma's a tramp
Don't get mad now ****** want to shove the bitch
Cuz a year ago, you know, you loved the bitch
Now your stomache's upset and your feelings are hurt
She gotcha looking like an old banana peel in the dirt
Bitch, slipped up and hit your *** for a lick
Talking that mother ****ing baby ****
You'z a punk *** ****** can't you see
Thatz the difference between ******* like you and me
I got bitches, on my mind
It's been like that for a real long time
I know the way them hoes take your cash
They let you **** and make you pay up fast
Trick ******, why you wanna be like that
Let them try for lent bitches take your fat *** stack
Couldn't tell them hoes nuthin but the punk in you
Cuz they already know what they want from you
Big bank, Ben Franklin, do the bitch just fine
She'll be taking all of yours and can't **** with mine
I'm the M to the A to the C and K
All you playa hating ****** shouldn't be that way
Old 18 June 2005, 12:03 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Well when was the last time you heard the likes of 50cent talk/rap about how when he was younger studying etc.

Instead you get to hear about growing up in the "hood"

Instead of "girlfriend" they hear "bitch"
Instead of "mates" they hear "brothers"
Instaed of "having a couple of beers" they get "smokin some ****"
Instead of "yeah come on then" they get "bust a cap in ya ***"

FFS is it any wonder the low life youth of today exist?

I blame the complete glamourisation of being "bad" on these **** wits

P.s I hope they all go the same place as "2pac" and "biggie"

Last edited by cookstar; 18 June 2005 at 12:06 PM.
Old 18 June 2005, 03:39 PM
Notorious
Scooby Regular

<zips flame suit up>......Well I actually enjoy that type of music. Just because I listen to them and enjoy the lyrics does not mean I am a bad person nor does it mean I would go out and "pop a cap in someones ***". I love the beats that accompany the lyrics and sure not everyones cup of tea but how boring life would be if we all liked the same things.
Old 18 June 2005, 05:23 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Licentious - good word!

As for hip hop, that's all the TV music channels seem to play here. I'd rather listen to Tyrolean goat herders music.
Old 18 June 2005, 05:53 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Could not agree more! Total and utter tosh. Bling is IMHO, totally NAFF.

Mossman
Old 18 June 2005, 06:00 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apart from the fact most of it sounds **** or is just a (good) older tune with some pr1ck rapping his nonsense over it, it shouldnt be played on radio 1 due to the content, however radio 1 are so trying to be urban and hip they kind of turn a blind eye to the lyrics, like the barely beeped 'Motherfkucers" and the references to guns, drink and drugs.

No it does not mean you are a bad person for listening to it, I hear it all the time (I was already a ****) but I dont think kids should hear it, kids hero worship these guys (and girls, missy Elliot is pretty scummy as well) and pick up on what they say.

Trouble is you have Radio 1 which either plays that crap or bloody Coldplay and the tweeness of Radio 2, perhaps a Radio 1 1/2 would be the way forward.
Old 18 June 2005, 06:01 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

i f***ing hate all that kind of music...creates too many wannabe gangsters for my liking
Old 18 June 2005, 06:04 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Agree there is waaay too much hip hip 'n r'n'b ****e being played on the radio/TV these days. Every time you flick onto a music channel its dem ****** dancing about with wads of dollars and some flashy cars 'n white chicks - surely the appeal has to wane sooner or later!
Old 18 June 2005, 06:06 PM
Scooby-doo97
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Petem95
Agree there is waaay too much hip hip 'n r'n'b ****e being played on the radio/TV these days. Every time you flick onto a music channel its dem ****** dancing about with wads of dollars and some flashy cars 'n white chicks - surely the appeal has to wane sooner or later!
Old 18 June 2005, 06:15 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-doo97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petem95

Clearly youve missed the point there!
Old 18 June 2005, 06:38 PM
lawson101
Scooby Regular

Because its one of the most popular styles of music at the moment you cannot escape urban/hiphop/rap music, but no doubt its just a trend. So it will pass imho.

Personally Ive listened to rap music for around 15yrs and it has done no harm to me at all. music is for enjoyment, its not a lifestyle choice.

For example does listening to rock/metal make you have long hair, worship satan, booze incesantly and sleep with every young girl around...no. Likewise listening to rap does not make you want to wear baggy clothing, tote guns and sell crack in the 'hood'.
Old 18 June 2005, 06:38 PM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Notorious
<zips flame suit up>......Well I actually enjoy that type of music. Just because I listen to them and enjoy the lyrics does not mean I am a bad person nor does it mean I would go out and "pop a cap in someones ***". I love the beats that accompany the lyrics and sure not everyones cup of tea but how boring life would be if we all liked the same things.
i also enjoy this type of music, more of the earlier stuff really. and as Notorious says above , i don't want to "pop a cap in someones ***". i have listened to this kind of music since i was about 12/13, and is my choice of music today. and that is it "choice", if you don't like it turn over. if Oasis or Coldplay are being played i have to turn over/off, my choice. as for being a wanna be gangsta,
i am 35, work as Operations Manager for a demolition company, and I like rap music

cheers
Lee
Old 18 June 2005, 08:53 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

For example does listening to rock/metal make you have long hair, worship satan, booze incesantly and sleep with every young girl around
Yeah, what's wrong with that?
Old 19 June 2005, 01:15 AM
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

I've listened to this kind of music for the last 15 years or so and i've yet to sell drugs or perform a drive by on anyone
You people actually wanna get a life and stop moaning about stuff you hear when you are very selective about the bits you do hear,you should started listening to the lyrics and you'll realise most of these songs are about how futile it is to live your life that way.
And if you've got the **** about modern stuff you should listen to the proper old rap from the late 80's,it's been a lot tamer in the last 10 years or so.
Or is your issue more that black people are dancing with white people? Cos it certainly seems to crop up in this thread a lot
Old 19 June 2005, 01:37 AM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5 Paul
I've listened to this kind of music for the last 15 years or so and i've yet to sell drugs or perform a drive by on anyone
You people actually wanna get a life and stop moaning about stuff you hear when you are very selective about the bits you do hear,you should started listening to the lyrics and you'll realise most of these songs are about how futile it is to live your life that way.
And if you've got the **** about modern stuff you should listen to the proper old rap from the late 80's,it's been a lot tamer in the last 10 years or so.
Or is your issue more that black people are dancing with white people? Cos it certainly seems to crop up in this thread a lot
Agree with what you said about older rap mate

Used to be well into this kinda stuff a couple of years ago, I still like it but I much prefer the older late 80's-early 90's stuff over the modern commercial stuff that we all seem to hear nowadays.

End of the day I don't know why the hell you people are moaning about this music when that B@STARD crazy frog bo11ocks has been much more in the public eye lately!! I know what I'd rather be listening to!!
Old 19 June 2005, 10:21 AM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

No, my issue is white people who want to be black people and dress and act like they are. And vice versa (eg: Michael Jackson)

In fact even UK blacks trying to act like US rappers is really pathetic.
Old 19 June 2005, 10:28 AM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

As an aside,my teenage daughter is very much into this type of music scene. I have already warned her that if she ever brings any chaps home that even vagueley resemble these *rapper* types, I'll just bust a cap in their *** right on the motherfcuking doorstep
Old 19 June 2005, 10:34 AM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
As an aside,my teenage daughter is very much into this type of music scene. I have already warned her that if she ever brings any chaps home that even vagueley resemble these *rapper* types, I'll just bust a cap in their *** right on the motherfcuking doorstep
Could be worse, she could bring home one of these scruffy unwashed goth types!
Old 19 June 2005, 10:35 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

I was not moaning about modern music. I mentioned that it is played in my car! My complaint is that at 8am ant random radio station can play songs, with the before mentioned lyrics. Where young children with pin sharp hearing and eager to learn minds

Why is it that the words "black" and "******" can not be used without someone getting on their high horse over it.

To me when i was at school the word "******" was an unacceptable word. To me now it is not, as it seems to be every other word that comes out of a rap artist's mouth! If it was offensive it would not be mentioned.
Old 19 June 2005, 12:06 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by codie247
i also enjoy this type of music, more of the earlier stuff really. and as Notorious says above , i don't want to "pop a cap in someones ***". i have listened to this kind of music since i was about 12/13, and is my choice of music today. and that is it "choice", if you don't like it turn over. if Oasis or Coldplay are being played i have to turn over/off, my choice. as for being a wanna be gangsta,
i am 35, work as Operations Manager for a demolition company, and I like rap music

cheers
Lee
i didnt say it makes everyone who listens to it a wannabe gangster but i think its hard to deny that the music/lifestyle doesnt have very many positive influences on its target audience...
Old 19 June 2005, 11:24 PM
RB5 Paul
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
No, my issue is white people who want to be black people and dress and act like they are. And vice versa (eg: Michael Jackson)

In fact even UK blacks trying to act like US rappers is really pathetic.

I see what you mean,yep that is very sad lol
Old 20 June 2005, 02:55 AM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Amusing to see comparisons between success in life and the music you listen too!

I listen to urban music, it's good, in fact I can' t dance to crappy pop stuff. dance best to the likes of sean paul and ja rule (even then it ain't good).
Old 20 June 2005, 05:24 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

It is ****ing moronic music though.
The highlight of the UK hip Hop "scene" for me was when 50 cent got bottled off the stage at Glastonbury last year
astraboy.
Old 20 June 2005, 06:31 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

28 years ago you'd all have been complaining about the threat to civilisation posed by the Sex Pistols and punk rock. Now it's Gangsta rappers who fill that niche.

Kids like what their parents hate. Simple really. So if you all suddenly start turning up at rap/R&B gigs and dressing gangsta they'd drop it like a stone!

another thing - in the vids they dont bother even hiring let alone dancing with the white chics, it's all bootylicious honeyz from what I can see. Yummy.

Quick Reply: Video hip hop crap