Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Reality TV programs

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2005, 03:46 PM
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reality TV programs

Just got a card that allows me to view the "Underclass channels" (ie ITV, CH4, Ch5) and I'm amazed at how much reality TV bull**** there is on the TV.

The Farm

Celebrity Island (or whatever it's called featuring the pig w@nker loos and abi titsout)

Just to mention a couple.

I've never seen big brother or anything of it's ilk as I've only had BBC channels for the last few years. I'm literally *amazed* that the people of the UK lap this sh1te up like a sex-addicted dipsomaniac at a tit that's giving out whisky.

What's the attraction?

I had a pretty low opinion of the UK's population before I was exposed to the reality TV fodder that's dished out to them. Now I know what's actually popular with the great unwashed I regard those that like this pap as utter morons.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Old 17 May 2005, 03:49 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

I didn't make the programmes so I refuse to feel ashamed. I do however agree that these types of programming are amongst the most purile sh!te I've ever had the misfortune to witness.

Still, Eurotrash programmes are really great where you are aren't they
Old 17 May 2005, 03:52 PM
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
I didn't make the programmes so I refuse to feel ashamed. I do however agree that these types of programming are amongst the most purile sh!te I've ever had the misfortune to witness.

Still, Eurotrash programmes are really great where you are aren't they
I wouldn't know I don't watch any of them. What I am considering though is sending back sky their 'freeview' card and demanding a refund.

As for being ashamed anyone who consumes this crap is as guilty (actually more guilty) than those that produce it.
Old 17 May 2005, 03:52 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Chavism is spreading like a rash of new Blair Lies .

Reality TV is cheap to make and you can get millions of brain dead idiots to ring in for their favourite z-list "personalities".

Still - If it keeps them off the street for a couple of hours it can't be all bad .
Old 17 May 2005, 03:55 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NewLabour
Just got a card that allows me to view the "Underclass channels" (ie ITV, CH4, Ch5) and I'm amazed at how much reality TV bull**** there is on the TV.

The Farm

Celebrity Island (or whatever it's called featuring the pig w@nker loos and abi titsout)

Just to mention a couple.

I've never seen big brother or anything of it's ilk as I've only had BBC channels for the last few years. I'm literally *amazed* that the people of the UK lap this sh1te up like a sex-addicted dipsomaniac at a tit that's giving out whisky.

What's the attraction?

I had a pretty low opinion of the UK's population before I was exposed to the reality TV fodder that's dished out to them. Now I know what's actually popular with the great unwashed I regard those that like this pap as utter morons.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Utter.....

...ly agree with you on this matter old bean!

If you are short of inspiration feel free to plunder some of my past Big Brother rants! (using that search feature of yours! )
Old 17 May 2005, 03:55 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't know I don't watch any of them. What I am considering though is sending back sky their 'freeview' card and demanding a refund.

As for being ashamed anyone who consumes this crap is as guilty (actually more guilty) than those that produce it.
I don't disagree with you. I sat and read a book last night while the girlfriend checked out the first episode of Celebrity Love Handles..

Even she won't be tuning in again and she liked Big Brother
Old 17 May 2005, 03:56 PM
Scoobydid
Scooby Regular

Its crap, but you don't have to watch it! thats why we have a telly with an off button

Its cheap to make, the more chanel's there are, the less of a market share the chanels get, so the make programs with stars who are nobody's, who cost nothing. They still have to pay the production staff and have a prize for the biggest Knobber that wins but its cheaper than having someone write it and than pay real actors to act it out.
Old 17 May 2005, 03:58 PM
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

I agree with most of the comments here, I won't be watching any of this pap again and last night was merely for 'research purposes'.

It just amazes me that people lap this crap up.

Never underestimate the idiocy of the British people.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:00 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

I have to admit something very rare happened today - there was an article in the Daily Star worth reading

And to quote: Celebrity Love Island will either finish or revive one long standing romance. That's the affair between viewing public and reality TV. This branch of entertainment has given us some of our most memorable moments over the past few years.

But, recently, there have been signs that a parting of the ways is inevitable. The last I'm a Celebridee failed to match the excitement previously provided by Jordan, Natalie appleton and Johnny Rotten. Hells Kitchen dive-bombed without its main star Gordon "feckin" Ramsay. The current series of The Farm has become embarrassing.

Abit Titmuss, Rebecca Loos(e) and company may not be aware of it, but they could decide the future shape of British TV."

Well if the future shape of British TV is down to them then we're even more fooked than you say

EDITED TO ADD: I don't usually watch this rubbish but I did tune in for half an hour of Celebridee Love Island - oh dear is all I can say!

Last edited by T4molie; 17 May 2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:02 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

I agree with most of the comments here, I won't be watching any of this pap again and last night was merely for 'research purposes'.

What else is worth considering is that not only do they watch it, but they text in eagerly at 50p or so a pop when asked to choose between 2 random 'celebs' for the honour of having a double bed or some such b0llocks.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:04 PM
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

I hadn't thought about the voting side of things.

Actually the more I think about it the more I wish I'd thought of this fantastic way of parting morons from their money.

Even better than ringtones and mass produced lager for removing idiots from their money.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:08 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

They're all cr@p but do have their moments - like Paul Burrell squealing like a baby when sticking his hands in snake pits.

Just too amny of them - Hell's Kitchen was utter garbage apart from that knife throwing french lunatic.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:15 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

they are superb.... it gives me some peace and quiet whilst the misses watches them. I can then play on the PC to my hearts content
Old 17 May 2005, 04:16 PM
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by messiah
They're all cr@p but do have their moments - like Paul Burrell squealing like a baby when sticking his hands in snake pits.

Just too amny of them - Hell's Kitchen was utter garbage apart from that knife throwing french lunatic.
I'm afraid I missed that 'gem' and have no idea who paul burel is.

Think I'd rather throw the satellite box out of the window than find out, apart from the fact I'd miss all the good stuff on BBC like "***** warning from history", "Ray Mears grubbing around in the bush/tundra" and "Rick Steins food hero".

Jesus I watch the same TV programs as my grandad....................

edited to add I hadn't thought of that use davegtt, fair enough.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:18 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

NewLabour.....you had to subscribe to discover this anomally ? Don't you read the listings in the paper? It's there for all to see. You could have saved yourself a pot of cash.
As for reality TV. I personally have no time for it. There's plenty more in life to occupy me . BUT, Channels 3,4 & 5 do, admittedly, only occasionally, put on the odd good programme. You have to be quick to catch them. Just a pity that as is usual with human nature, the bad always receives more publicity than the good.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:19 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

I'm afraid I missed that 'gem' and have no idea who paul burel is.
Ex-Princess of Wales' Butler.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:25 PM
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Apparition
NewLabour.....you had to subscribe to discover this anomally ? Don't you read the listings in the paper? It's there for all to see. You could have saved yourself a pot of cash.
As for reality TV. I personally have no time for it. There's plenty more in life to occupy me . BUT, Channels 3,4 & 5 do, admittedly, only occasionally, put on the odd good programme. You have to be quick to catch them. Just a pity that as is usual with human nature, the bad always receives more publicity than the good.
Which paper? El Pais doesn't include listing for UK channels.

£20 is hardly a pot of cash either I got it purely for the ITV F1 coverage which frankly was a waste of time as well but you live and learn I guess.

When I left the UK big brother had just started and I thought to myself "people won't buy into this bullsh1t, they aren't that stupid"

I WAS WRONG.

Jasey- Someone who was a lickspittle to a dead royal now counts as a celebrity- the mind boggles.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:26 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I cancelled Sky a couple of years ago as it was going (ok had gone) the same way, didn't miss it after a week or two. The TV rarely gets turned on these days other than for BBC breakfast news in the morning, or if there's something interesting on like Ray Mears, Panorama, or a decent film etc.

Most evenings, i'll have a scan of http://www.radiotimes.com and if there's nothing good on the TV stays off. Usually i'll listen to a CD or invite some friends round instead.

I've got to the stage where I have no idea who most of these 'celebrities' are, I don't fell like I'm missing out either.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:29 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

I presume you have access to a computer ? ....All the listings are there. I can think of a lot of things I could spend £20 on, its a pot of cash to some.
Maybe you'd be best just chucking your telly away? You don't sound like a very happy fellow.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:32 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T4molie, you should be ashamed of yourself reading the Daily Star!

How about some real interactive TV? By that I mean have all these so-called-celebrities lined up in front of you sat in electric chairs and as each viewer presses their red, green, yellow or blue button, the ammount of charge is built up on the corresponding chair and then as the ***** are released for the lottery, so the charge is released into the so-called-celebrities! I've even got the ideal presenter - Stephen Fry!
Old 17 May 2005, 04:33 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Just realised who you are now, ex D70, or C70 whatever your usename was

I do happen to agree with you on this one though, whats happened to quality programmes like "Its a knockout"
Old 17 May 2005, 04:45 PM
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Apparition
I presume you have access to a computer ? ....All the listings are there. I can think of a lot of things I could spend £20 on, its a pot of cash to some.
Maybe you'd be best just chucking your telly away? You don't sound like a very happy fellow.
Duh! try reading my reply num-nuts, it was bought for ITV's F1 coverage the other sh1te came free with ITV's fantastic F1 coverage.

If £20 means a lot to anyone I'd be very surprised, then again I'm somewhat out of touch with bread line culture.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:48 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Please don't include me in that. It's utter tripe that they put on, even to insulting the average intelligence.
ajm
Scooby Regular

"Ray Mears grubbing around in the bush/tundra"

Originally Posted by Iwan
if there's something interesting on like Ray Mears

Ray Mears is quality!
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

Great idea there SJ skyline although as we don't yet have legalised executions for crimes against entertainment I have a better idea.

"YOU BET YOUR HOUSE"- featuring scumbags trying to win millions by staking their house, car or other prized posession.

Imagine the joy when some X5, estate dwelling numpty starts to cry when the blokes with big sticks move in to evict him and his mewling family.

I'm getting a hard on just imagining it.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:49 PM
dmc1980
Scooby Regular

You strike me as one of those mainland european *****. I dont and wont watch reality tv, but who are you to start dissing the british about thier tv. Im sure the tv where you are is great when you dont even get Formula 1
Old 17 May 2005, 04:50 PM
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Redkop
Please don't include me in that. It's utter tripe that they put on, even to insulting the average intelligence.
Of course I don't, some people have it, others don't.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:51 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Of course I don't, some people have it, others don't.
Are you still 'mulling'?
Old 17 May 2005, 04:52 PM
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dmc1980
You strike me as one of those mainland european *****. I dont and wont watch reality tv, but who are you to start dissing the british about thier tv. Im sure the tv where you are is great when you dont even get Formula 1
Uh- huh, I hope for your sake you aren't some Irish bloke pretending to be 'British'.

I'm English for my sins, not that it matters for the purposes of this thread.

edited to add: I am a **** though, so well spotted.
Old 17 May 2005, 04:52 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plus

Quick Reply: Reality TV programs