Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

broken nose????

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2005, 08:44 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question broken nose????

how do you know if you broken your nose other than it being bleeding, fookin sore and a little swollen? just been training (thai boxing) and doing some sparing with a lad whos a bit taller than me and had my head slightly down(yes i know shouldnt have had my head down) and got wacked on the top of my nose and fore head. is there any point going hospital about it as i was'nt knocked out its still straight just a little swollen.

mike with a sore nose

Last edited by FASTER MIKE!!; 12 May 2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12 May 2005, 08:51 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

depends how much it hurts. sorry just had a laugh at your expense too.

is it wonky
can you feel it out of line or any broken bits when you feel ur nose
see if it stops hurting later

i broke my mates nose once by accident, we were dancing in his living room when pissed and a stray elbow caught him
Old 12 May 2005, 08:57 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

black eyes is another give away, two of them. My nose felt OK(no clicking) but was swollen to twice its normal size and my eyes were both black. Fell flat on my nose playing 5's no chance to get my hands out, knocked out for 2-3 minutes
Old 12 May 2005, 08:58 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

don't make me laugh its sore enough without laughing no its not wonky just swollen can't feel any broken bits, then again i'm sat here with a bag of peas on my face
Old 12 May 2005, 09:02 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

now im l m a o

give us an update in the morning.
Old 12 May 2005, 09:18 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

the black eye thing might not work as i have a slight black eye already though it is very slight......
Old 12 May 2005, 09:27 PM
Nicks VR4
Scooby Regular

Hospital wont do much unless it is pointing the wrong way and they reset it and that hurts more than when it happened

Guess I shouldn't have tried to pick up the rugby ball when it was bouncing about 18" off the ground and a guy missed the ball and yes kicked me in the face busted nose over one side of my face pouring with blood and 2 black eyes
Old 12 May 2005, 10:21 PM
Ken 275
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!
how do you know if you broken your nose other than it being bleeding, fookin sore and a little swollen? just been training (thai boxing) and doing some sparing with a lad whos a bit taller than me and had my head slightly down(yes i know shouldnt have had my head down) and got wacked on the top of my nose and fore head. is there any point going hospital about it as i was'nt knocked out its still straight just a little swollen.

mike with a sore nose
Had mine broken three times in as many years. The Panda eyes won't happen for at least 12 hours. Get to A & E as soon as you can as the longer you leave it, the sorer and more difficult the resetting will be, if it is broken that is. Best to be on the safe side.

I didn't bother at all and now answer to the name "Gonzo"!

K.
Old 12 May 2005, 10:31 PM
chrome
Scooby Regular

the panda eyes thing often happens without a break.
I've had em several times.. and no break yet
(well- not since I got hit on the nose with a cricket ball at school many moons ago )
Old 12 May 2005, 10:52 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

ken the shape of my nose is no different just a bit o swelling on the side of the bridge. the pain has subsided now, had the bag of peas on and off it for a while now. i'll see how it is in the morning

edited to add that it was a knee not a punch
Old 12 May 2005, 11:09 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike

Having seen lots of nasal #'s during my A&E days it doesn't seem likely

Look for bleeding into the white part of the eye which you can't see the edge of when you look from side to side ! Fractured bones bleed into the eyeball behind where you can see. If you can see lots of white then looks like you have got away with it !!

Fractured noses often damage loads of blood vessels with a shed load of bleeding, I mean a good half a cup full !!

Don't go off sick I need you to tax the car ............LOL !!

Shaun
Old 12 May 2005, 11:09 PM
Ken 275
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!
ken the shape of my nose is no different just a bit o swelling on the side of the bridge. the pain has subsided now, had the bag of peas on and off it for a while now. i'll see how it is in the morning

edited to add that it was a knee not a punch
Someone-else's knee was one of mine (rugby - a guy on my own side too!). The first was a Laurel & Hardy incident with a large boulder and a garden fork...Nobody else present, just me!

All the same, if the swelling's going down - and a frozen anything is a great move for any swelling - that's a +ve. Also if it doesn't seem squint then don't try and move it yourself.

Take a Paracetomol and have a good night's sleep mate, while thinking about your vengeance.

K.
Old 12 May 2005, 11:50 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

cheers shaun the whites of my eyes are fine though they where a little blood shot after the incedent, along with watering eyes(no not tears ). as for going off sick, not likely as i'm self employed
ken i'll take your advise and take a couple of paracetomol. as for revenge well he's about 6'2" and im only 6' he's training to fight, and i train to keep fit. i'll have to up my tempo and get a bit nastier

mike
Old 13 May 2005, 08:58 AM
Carter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ken 275
Get to A & E as soon as you can as the longer you leave it, the sorer and more difficult the resetting will be, if it is broken that is. Best to be on the safe side.
Most max-fax units now seem to reset at a week post-injury. There's often too much swelling in the acute phase to work out what's going on or to get a good result when they tweak it.

Also - if it is broken, you need to stay off contact sports for a few weeks or you could risk doing yourself some serious damage if it takes another hit...
Old 13 May 2005, 06:17 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

well DR mildilfe had a quick look when he visited me at work today and said its not broken. no real black eyes slight shadow in the corners of my eyes. still a little tender though. gonna give thai a rest for a little while, well sparing anyhow
Old 13 May 2005, 07:19 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Broke my nose years ago whilst jumping off the bed in a drunken state and hitting face on the chimney breast and knocking myself out . Didnt do anything about it at the time but then had to have 3 operations to put it right.

So Yes get it seen to .

Chip

Last edited by Chip; 13 May 2005 at 07:26 PM.