Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Watchdog - on now

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2005, 07:36 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Watchdog - on now

They are slating Lloyds for giving loans to people who end up unable to pay them back, including one couple who have managed to run up debts of 100k... yet they don't know what they have spent it on!

Wtf?! Why are they portraying these people as victims?! These people aren't victims, they have taken money, spent it and don't pay it back. That makes them thieves!

Edited to add: It's "Real Story", not Watchdog

Last edited by ajm; 09 May 2005 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09 May 2005, 07:44 PM
NewLabour
Scooby Regular

Agreed these people are not only idiots (although I've only read the story rather than the no doubt sensationalised BBC report) but thieves.

It's a great system isn't it? If I wanted to exploit it I'd borrow a wedge of cash, use it whatever way I felt best, make lip service to paying it back and then default. At the last minute I'd offer them a cash settlement of 30% of the debt and do you know what? They'd take it.

What a system, I can't wait until the house of cards collapses yet again.
Old 09 May 2005, 07:49 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

TBH
the first couple should never have been lent the money, she earns £ 5k per annum and he is of work with a mental dissability. Having seen her interview she came across as a bit of a moron as well.

Don't know what they spent the money on, well they are either really smart or just dim-wits and i know what my money is on having seen the interview

I ask you - Would you have lent these people money?

Looks like Lloyds TSB did so, so their people meet their targets and get bonus; Looks to me like LLoyds TSB systems to are just geared to lending money under any circumstances event to people who cannot pay it back.

Yes the peole are wrong to try for a loan but they should never have qualified, just greed on behalf of the banks employees and a crummy system andd managers that let it happen

All IMHO
Old 09 May 2005, 08:10 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

The bastar*s at Lloyds would not lend me money...*sigh* Even proved that I could pay it back, just did not tick all the boxes for their underwriters. They must have thought that they would not be able to make much profit out of me.....just like my credit card companies not liking me cos I always pay them off.
Old 09 May 2005, 08:34 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Been watching malingering scum on the box? There must be 10s if not 100s of thousands of arseholes like this around.

A good hike in interest rates is whats needed to shake them out of the system.

I wonder who they voted for?
Old 09 May 2005, 08:36 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

You won't "shake them out of the system". You and I will pay for the debts that they default on through increased charges.....

We want them to pay it all off, and the system to change so they cannot get into this much debt.
Old 09 May 2005, 08:38 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Been watching malingering scum on the box? There must be 10s if not 100s of thousands of arseholes like this around.

A good hike in interest rates is whats needed to shake them out of the system.

I wonder who they voted for?
Shouldn't you be packing?
Old 09 May 2005, 09:08 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by paulr
Shouldn't you be packing?
Shouldn't you **** off??

Answer: yes you should.
Old 09 May 2005, 09:12 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Shouldn't you **** off??

Answer: yes you should.
Old 09 May 2005, 10:13 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by ajm
They are slating Lloyds for giving loans to people who end up unable to pay them back, including one couple who have managed to run up debts of 100k... yet they don't know what they have spent it on!

Wtf?! Why are they portraying these people as victims?! These people aren't victims, they have taken money, spent it and don't pay it back. That makes them thieves!

Edited to add: It's "Real Story", not Watchdog

Although from current ongoing (over 12months now) with Lloyds over loan agreements...which Lloyds broke - not the applicant!!!! they are completly useless.

Not one person in their call centre can make decisions, local branch cannot sort out anything as it must be dealt by the call centre - who says it must be dealt with at the local branch. Which incorrect as it IS dealt by the main call centre, whilst nobody of any decision making authroity exists there and it is impossible to find anybody of any authority.....all you have is just numpties who play pass the baton acompanied by 60minutes worth of holding time before saying they'll call back...which they never do of course.

TBH...Lloyds (and thats not the only bank I could mention) deserve a good screwing - because even honest poeple cannot deal with them!