Strange Behaviour

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2005, 11:52 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Strange Behaviour

Usual plonker on the M11 scenario

Tootling M11 into work yesterday & as is my style, I move out of the outside lane when travelling in convoy (summat in Highway Code about that too). Anyway, coming up behind a car in the middle lane, so indicate to move to outside lane. Nobber behind in o/side lane decides to deliberately accelerate to close the gap between him & the car in front. Silly move when I've driving a large Volvo as I just filled it! Pull over again once past car & about 1 mile later coming up behind another car, need to pull into o/side lane again - repeat process by nobber Once again, I pull back over once past & he pulls up beside me (right up chuff of car in front) shaking his fist and mouthing obscenities - like wtf ?? I sort of wave him on (no obscene gestures btw). I did notice that he had a can of drink or something and when I had to next move into the outside lane, he had it in his hand out the window but fortunately he didn't lob it at me.

I'm still following him at the bottom of the M11 and as the traffic starts to bunch & slow down I pull over into the inside lane & he cuts from the outside straight across into the inside across my nose, causing me to brake hard. Again no gestures or anything from me.

Not wanting to follow the twonk until the traffic came to a standstill, I took the opportunity of a gap in the outside lane traffic (which was flowing faster) to pull out & behind a truck. Left chappy behind. Excellent. About 2 miles later had to stop for Redbridge roundabout traffic & I saw dippy come racing up behind me & stop behind me. Doors are locked, gap in traffic for me to drive away - check. Nothing (which is fine by me) but what I do notice him do is get his cameraphone up and take photos of the back of the car & presumably registration plate.

Now what was all that about? He was the idiot agressive driver not me. As far as I'm concerned, he can report me to the police for whatever he thinks I did, I'm not the one that started anything - life is too short for dip-shts like him.

But I am wondering what he was doing taking photos of the back of my car, nice though it is!

(I have often thought about getting a couple of small DV cameras, one for front & one for back, that just run all the time I'm driving & if there is an "incident" like this, then it's all on tape as it were)
Old 07 May 2005, 11:57 AM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like he's going to try and report you to the police, but from the sound of it hes wasting his time. What a pr1ck

Matt
Old 07 May 2005, 01:01 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Doesn't it mean he was handling a mobile phone whilst in a car. This is illegal He was probably taking the pic to wind you up.
Old 07 May 2005, 01:26 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

If he is reporting you to the police, he is wasting his time. AFAIK, in situations like this there needs to be two independent witnesses.

Perhaps he just likes you rear end
Old 07 May 2005, 02:44 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Yep, there should be someone in the car with him to corroborate. He's a plonker, forget him. You did well to keep so cool BTW.
Old 07 May 2005, 02:53 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
(I have often thought about getting a couple of small DV cameras, one for front & one for back, that just run all the time I'm driving & if there is an "incident" like this, then it's all on tape as it were)
I have thought about this a lot, but have never found an easy reliable way to do it. I would love to have 2 wee cameras giving a front and rear view recording all the time the car is in use.

2 cctv cams and a laptop would be the simplest way, but I dont have the know-how to set it up. Also, how would it start recording when the car was started? would I have to wait for an old laptop to boot windows 95 before every journey ?
Old 07 May 2005, 02:57 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David_Dickson
I have thought about this a lot, but have never found an easy reliable way to do it. I would love to have 2 wee cameras giving a front and rear view recording all the time the car is in use.

2 cctv cams and a laptop would be the simplest way, but I dont have the know-how to set it up. Also, how would it start recording when the car was started? would I have to wait for an old laptop to boot windows 95 before every journey ?
Maybe a bit OTT , just my 2p's worth.

Trending Topics

Old 07 May 2005, 03:54 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I find that if you give plonkers like that a friendly wave and smile and then leave them for dead they really do get upset. Just a little victory and makes you feel better and more relaxed.

Les
Old 07 May 2005, 04:01 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

no, i dont think its ott. I have twice been involved in accidents without witnessess that were both not my fault. Both times I ended up loosing out on the claim due to the other preson being dishonest, once going as far as making up false witnessess. If I had proof, I wouldnt have lost these claims.
Old 07 May 2005, 04:08 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I dont see what he hoped to achieve from photographing your car, the dip ****!

I could understand if he was the car infront however and he was doing this to deter you from your driving behaviour, but as he wasnt then dont worry about it!.
Old 07 May 2005, 05:25 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

What a total plonker!!!!!!!!!!